What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

I have now taken both ends apart and I'm not sure I ever want to do another set of fork legs. It started when the light wire had to cut and respliced going back together waterproof connectors there. One fork leg was Gorrilla tightened, it took me awhile stumped I PM'ed Randall before he could call I checked out U Tube an found you use the triple tree as a vice live and learn. And last but not least the Switch that Damn Switch what a friggin nightmare, I finally got but wow talk about sweating bullets. The front fork rebuild is complete and test ridden no more nose dives. I never changed oil the front forks in 32K+ it was black metalic slime no wonder it wanted to washout on corners. And the nose dive was unbelievable. It seem like riding a new machine with both rear and front ends now Pro Action Suspension Travel safe FredView attachment 86421

View attachment 86418View attachment 86419View attachment 86420

View attachment 86411

Glad you got it done Fred and sorry you had such difficulties. Now when I helped my friend do his there were of course two of us working on it and it wasn't so bad. A lot of work but kind of fun too. Anyway hope the improvement was worth the grief. From what you posted I suspect it was.

Glad you got it done Fred and sorry you had such difficulties. Now when I helped my friend do his there were of course two of us working on it and it wasn't so bad. A lot of work but kind of fun too. Anyway hope the improvement was worth the grief. From what you posted I suspect it was.
It was interesting and I suppose a little fun. I should have watched a few more how to videos that would have helped greatly. Don't get me wrong I love working on it.

It was interesting and I suppose a little fun. I should have watched a few more how to videos that would have helped greatly. Don't get me wrong I love working on it.

Glad you got it done and are enjoying the improved ride.

Now you have a little taste of what a PITA it is to do dozens of front end suspension tests for our report. :laugh:

Kevin

Kevin/
Now you have a little taste of what a PITA it is to do dozens of front end suspension tests for our report. :laugh: You are a better man than I Gunga Din With experience you don't get the the now what's I got though. I lacked proper tools a good clamp to remove the top barrel nut (use the triple tree) to get spring and valving out. Also this morning I ordered a Ignition switch aligner a (day late). Other than that I was good to go, but it is a plate full to get done for one person.

Kevin,

So is Devin coming to install the shocks????? My buddy Don can't help ... he's go serious blood pressure issues. I still say he'd be the best "tool" in my shed ... :D

With all the extra logistics of social distancing in the shop, he might welcome the chance to get away from here for a bit. :laugh:

But, no, he is an integral part of keeping everything rolling here.

NOW, I have a proposal for you.

Bring that FBG out here and we'll get her fixed up for you, plus have some good convo too. All while social distancing!

It can be done. Look how Dwayne and I used to do videos...

Pre%20Covid-19%20setting.jpg

...then this is how we did our last one.

Social%20Distancing.jpg

And tomorrow we're doing a few more...we're probably going to do a few of them a mile or so apart...then a couple with us both in his driveway. Gonna be interesting.

Kevin

Kevin/
Now you have a little taste of what a PITA it is to do dozens of front end suspension tests for our report. :laugh:

You are a better man than I Gunga Din With experience you don't get the the now what's I got though. I lacked proper tools a good clamp to remove the top barrel nut (use the triple tree) to get spring and valving out. Also this morning I ordered a Ignition switch aligner a (day late). Other than that I was good to go, but it is a plate full to get done for one person.

Yeah, there were always two of us...makes it easier, but still a hassle. After the first time we realized we can get in there and loosen the trees without removing the ignition switch...just loosen that bottom cover and snake in there and loosen the trees.

Definitely a plateful doing it by yourself!

Kevin

With all the extra logistics of social distancing in the shop, he might welcome the chance to get away from here for a bit. :laugh:

But, no, he is an integral part of keeping everything rolling here.

Bring that FBG out here and we'll get her fixed up for you, plus have some good convo too. All while social distancing!

It can be done. Look how Dwayne and I used to do videos...

Pre%20Covid-19%20setting.jpg

...then this is how we did our last one.

Social%20Distancing.jpg

And tomorrow we're doing a few more...we're probably going to do a few of them a mile or so apart...then a couple with us both in his driveway. Gonna be interesting.

Kevin

+1 On the visit of FBG to Mississippi state it would be a great road trip. Jeanne and I will get there someday. Travel safe Fred/Jeanne

Kevin

I would bring it in a heartbeat ... Pretty sure our left wing Governor would lock me up dragging it through Denver to get there ... but, ya know ... might be able to get away with it now ... he's pretty busy with the protests right now. :D

Fuzzy

You can get there without going through Denver. Just catch 470 south around Denver to I-25 and then to I-40 all the way across to Memphis. Should be about 3 Days.

Fuzzy

You can get there without going through Denver. Just catch 470 south around Denver to I-25 and then to I-40 all the way across to Memphis. Should be about 3 Days.

If I was going there, I would do I70 to stay farther North. I would stop in Kentucky to see the Ark and the Creation Museum. I expect Kevin and Mary would meet me there since Kevin said Mary wants to see those too (Hint ... Hint). Then we could head south for me to see Kevin's shop and his town. Ideally, swing south after that and do Kerrville and some BBQ ... :D. After I fill the hump with BBQ, and head North through the Rockies.

My b$tt is looking forward to a nicer ride with the 14" ProAction Shocks and the 14" Comfort Lift ... might be a nice ride to test that out ... but alas, that's a ways off.

Dash Bling

I have a wish list of things that I'd like to do to my trike on HD's store site. My mom gave me an early Birthday present (not until August), by ordering the dash bling I had on my wish list. She didn't mention this and when it arrived I was surprised to see an HD package :Shrug:.

When I brought it into the house to open, she explained she wanted me to be able to install it and be ready to ride when we can. Pretty nice of her.

Anyway, she gave me the gauge trim and the radio bezel trim. Put them on and took the pic.

Before

2020-01-26 11.53.05.jpg

AfterIMG_0029.jpeg

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png