What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Next time ask ,Fred. I have a bag of those bolts. I bought them 3 yrs ago when I got spacers for my 16. If I had been on here sooner would have hollered at ya. Been off day & 1/2 or so. When I looked for those bolts ,could only buy a bag of 20 or so.Have a bunch left.
When we see you later in a month or so we will take a look at that bag of bolts. It only makes sense if you space the floorboards you need to do the shifter peg. I never liked the short stubby shifter but I adapted to it. Who ever markets spacer's for the floor boards should do a complete kit including a shifter spacer as well. The back one was switched out for an extended one this winter and I just am getting used to it, I do like the extra space on the floorboard. Thanks for the offer of a bolt, I would really like to swap it out for the proper one. :good: Ride safe Fred

When we see you later in a month or so we will take a look at that bag of bolts. It only makes sense if you space the floorboards you need to do the shifter peg. I never liked the short stubby shifter but I adapted to it. Who ever markets spacer's for the floor boards should do a complete kit including a shifter spacer as well. The back one was switched out for an extended one this winter and I just am getting used to it, I do like the extra space on the floorboard. Thanks for the offer of a bolt, I would really like to swap it out for the proper one. :good: Ride safe Fred

I was having same problem after the floorboard job. Payzac has a machine shop here & made me a couple spacers for the shifters. Sprayed em black .

Brought her home!

Well my trike has been wintering in Phoenix and I rode her back up to Flagstaff. For those who are not familiar with Arizona, Flagstaff is about 120 miles north of Phoenix and at an elevation of 7000 ft. so it is a 6500 ft climb. It is in one of the largest contiguous Ponderosa pine forest. The ride is wonderful going from flat desert to green forest. The temp in Phoenix was in the 100's and it was a cool 78 degrees when I got home.

YouTube has a great video of the 2 hour ride compressed to 2 minutes and 30 seconds!

I like your floorboards. Where did you purchase them?

They look familiar to me. They are (were) a Harley accessory part - part of the 'Nostalgic' collection I think from about 2009. But I checked the H-D website and the 2020 P&A catalog and could not find them. H-D updates and changes and no doubt they have been discontinued.

Collected a lot of bugs today, 121 mile meander through the back roads. Our love bugs are starting to come out so we probably won't ride for a couple of weeks, it's just not worth 3 hours of cleaning after a 3 hour ride, lol.

Those damn bugs will take off the paint if you don't get em off right away:mad:

Reactions: MDO
Butler @glassact.com

I have had a butler drink holder on every one of my bikes/trikes since late 2001. I was a beta tester for the GL1800 passenger drink holder. LOL ... I still have that mount.

Anyway, the only thing I have never liked was that the mugs tend to sweat when it is a little humid and hot. That is a pet peeve of mine. Always has been, always will be.

Anyway, I have been on a quest to find an isolated mug, tumbler that could fit in the butler ring and not fall out. The best I had was the Yeti 30oz tumbler. Stays in the little 20oz ring without any worries of it coming out.

This issue with that one is if I put hot coffee or a carbonated beverage in it, pressure builds, the lid either pops off or leaks all over the trike.

I thought I would contact Glassact (butler) and see if they had anything new .... They DO!

They have a lid similar to the one on their mugs that fits the Yeti 30oz with the same vent and straw system the mugs have. They also have a handle that you can attach.

Yeti-Kit1-1920x1472.jpg

I ordered the entire kit ... I have a small ring, but I'm gonna put the other one on the Kuryakyn passenger mount. I could use it to hold a water bottle for Harley or another Yeti for me ... :D

They also have a new mount that is slick. It's made out of aluminum designed to fit the newer Honda GL's ... I'm really sure by looking at the pictures that it will fit the FBG, if not, I'm certain I can modify it to make it fit ... LOL ... even if I mount it upside down (thought I'd beat peanut gallery to the punch). The new mount is designed to allow vertical mounting adjustment (basically the mounting holes are elongated which will facilitate Harley mounting). You use the hinged mount from your original Butler. I ordered one of those too ... doing my part to stimulate the economy ... :D

P Mount.jpg

I'll post how they work out when they get here, ordered them yesterday and shipped today. USPS Priority mail, guessing Monday or Tuesday.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KenG

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KenG
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png