What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

I haven't posted in this thread but really need to, for FYI and evaluation from use.
I bought our TG used (2800 miles). When I bought it, it came with the following already installed:
CB radio, XM radio, Mini Saddlebags, Driver adjustable backrest, chrome rear bumper, fender bras, windshield bag, chrome slotted windshield trim, Short HD antennas, bought from seller along with trike and had installed within first week: Chrome front legs and cow bells, chrome handlebar control covers and LED oil dipstick.

Everything above works and looks great except the fender bras, I'm sure they work good but I just didn't like the looks of them on the fenders, to much black with the mini bags and bras. Might use them for long trips, maybe....The short antenna cut down on reception, both radio and CB, but I can accept this and I like the looks.

Switched the passgenger grab rail with the one I bought for my 2013 Ultra. It's an aftermarket one, I think from Kuryakin. It's a flatter rail and doesn't hit the wife's legs. We like it.

Installed drink holders for both the wife and myself, Kuryakin for both. Modifyed the mount for the Butler mug ring ( longer bolt) for use on my handle bar drink mount, I really like the butler mug setup, ugly but one of the best for motorcycles. Have the solid chrome ring from Kury for both front and rear ( allows use of coffee travel mug and will accept a standard 20oz drink cup) basket drink holder and th e Butler mug rings and 20oz cups). Highly recommend the Butler system.
installed a set of "frenched" headlight and passing light trim rings, not crazy about them. Had the ones with the frenched visor rings in the past and may removed the ones installed and buy new ones with the visor, like them better.

Installed a set of Freedom mufflers yesterday, so far I like them. Louder than stock...may turn into to loud, we'll see.

In the garage to be installed:
Fullsac header pipe and Arlan Ness Big Sucker but need to wait until I get a TTS tuner.
Set of Hyper lights, flash five times and go steady. Break lights.
Chrome nastaliga round air cleaner cover for Big Sucker.

Dream list:
Chrome wheels

I think I'm caught up, sorry for the long winded post....

I haven't posted in this thread but really need to, for FYI and evaluation from use.
I bought our TG used (2800 miles). When I bought it, it came with the following already installed:
CB radio, XM radio, Mini Saddlebags, Driver adjustable backrest, chrome rear bumper, fender bras, windshield bag, chrome slotted windshield trim, Short HD antennas, bought from seller along with trike and had installed within first week: Chrome front legs and cow bells, chrome handlebar control covers and LED oil dipstick.

Everything above works and looks great except the fender bras, I'm sure they work good but I just didn't like the looks of them on the fenders, to much black with the mini bags and bras. Might use them for long trips, maybe....The short antenna cut down on reception, both radio and CB, but I can accept this and I like the looks.

Switched the passgenger grab rail with the one I bought for my 2013 Ultra. It's an aftermarket one, I think from Kuryakin. It's a flatter rail and doesn't hit the wife's legs. We like it.

Installed drink holders for both the wife and myself, Kuryakin for both. Modifyed the mount for the Butler mug ring ( longer bolt) for use on my handle bar drink mount, I really like the butler mug setup, ugly but one of the best for motorcycles. Have the solid chrome ring from Kury for both front and rear ( allows use of coffee travel mug and will accept a standard 20oz drink cup) basket drink holder and th e Butler mug rings and 20oz cups). Highly recommend the Butler system.
installed a set of "frenched" headlight and passing light trim rings, not crazy about them. Had the ones with the frenched visor rings in the past and may removed the ones installed and buy new ones with the visor, like them better.

Installed a set of Freedom mufflers yesterday, so far I like them. Louder than stock...may turn into to loud, we'll see.

In the garage to be installed:
Fullsac header pipe and Arlan Ness Big Sucker but need to wait until I get a TTS tuner.
Set of Hyper lights, flash five times and go steady. Break lights.
Chrome nastaliga round air cleaner cover for Big Sucker.

Dream list:
Chrome wheels

I think I'm caught up, sorry for the long winded post....

Would you happen to know the Kuryakin part number for the passenger handle that you used to replace the production 2014 handle

Have not posted here in a while.

Yesterday test fit some new one-off slip-ons. Gotta make a few small changes then will be riding with them late next week to see how I like the sound and power.

Also made a few tweaks to the prototype on-board air system.

Kevin

Would you happen to know the Kuryakin part number for the passenger handle that you used to replace the production 2014 handle

I have used the Kuryakyn passenger grab rails on my 14 trike. They will have some foam stuck to them to keep from scratching the rear fender (they are used on bikes also), I just removed the foam and they fit perfectly. Here is a link to Kuryakyns part.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/1793/Passenger-Grab-Rails

34 out this Morning I put my big boy pants on and rode to work. should be a great ride home

I've rode at 0, have nothing to prove other than I have better things to do than deal with road chemicals and cleaning. It's more important to take that first ride with my wife anyway.
I'll take 6 wheels 8 miles to work instead of 3 and that same 6 that will haul it 1300 miles to Sturgis too.

I went over the 1,000 mile mark yesterday. I picked my Trike up on October 16th and was on a mission to get the 1,000 mile check before I put it away for the winter. It goes in today for the check, then a good cleaning and finally into storage by this weekend. The 1,000 miles were very enjoyable even though I probably rode in temperatures I won't normally be riding in.

I've rode at 0, have nothing to prove other than I have better things to do than deal with road chemicals and cleaning. It's more important to take that first ride with my wife anyway.
I'll take 6 wheels 8 miles to work instead of 3 and that same 6 that will haul it 1300 miles to Sturgis too.

Yeah I wasnt trying to rag on those who didnt, Was only trying to prove to me that its worth some pain in morning for a wonderful ride home,,

Picked up my TG from the Dealership today.

Between the OEM warranty and the ESP, I have had close to $10,000 work done and paid $200 in deductible.

I wish none of the warranty work ever had to be done, but am certainly happy for the warranty. :)

Thanks for the post. Glad now that I opted for the ESP. Was concerned that I had wasted some good money but you message convinced me that I made the right decision.

Thanks ............

Finally someone pulled the trigger. I have been waiting . How are your numbers? Did you sacrifice very much low end and how's the mid range?
I have 10k on mine but, definitely ready to pick up some more power.

I seem to remember talk about leaving it stock? Hard to do isn't it JJ?

Well, as with most projects you start off all gung-ho and after a few WTF's you back up and wonder what got into you to start something like this. Anyway, I have a 2015 TG so I thought I'd add the bumper and rack on top of the tour pack. Sounds simple right? Well after removing the 4 bolts inside of the truck that have to be replaced I found that the factory had cross-threaded one of them so that the new 3" bolt would not go through the hole as intended. Had to re-tap the hole (5/16" x 18 BTW) and then finished that up. Installed the rack after drilling the 4 holes in the lid. Nervous time for sure. Don't want to screw up the paint. Got the rack on and ran the wires through for the trim light and waited 3 days for the harness to get in. Picked up the harness and found that you have to remove the entire tour-pack to get at the bolts under it to remove them so you can get the metal plate out of the bottom of the tour-pack. Brilliant idea HD. Finally got that done with the help of the wife. I like the fact that in the instructions for the wiring it says to consult the service manual but not in stock at the dealer yet. Should be in in ten days. Great! Anyway, job done and time for a beer even though it's only 10am. Rining out so no ride for now. Going on a ride to an assisted living quarters for vets tomorrow to celebrate Veteran's Day. Sort of a mini parade for the residents there. Hope all of you have a great one and remember those that went before us.

Should have seen if you could have the dealer zerox the pages from a 2014 manual that you need. Heck I could even do that for you. Let me know what you need.
I doubt there were any changes.

Should have seen if you could have the dealer zerox the pages from a 2014 manual that you need. Heck I could even do that for you. Let me know what you need.
I doubt there were any changes.

Thanks GaryD but I figured it out. I have a set of manuals for 2015 on order and should have them shortly. At least before I take on any more projects but really appreciate the offer.

Regards,

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png