What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Hope it isn't snapped off like some of the early years.

Nice to have warranty just in case.

On my 11 T/G if it's the same bolt I'm thinking of they would come lose every 5 hundred miles or so.. It got to the point where I always carried a 9/16 box wrench with me. I tried the blue lock-tight and the red. Couldn't kept them tight, I was ready to tack weld them , Then someone turned me on to the green lock-tight..I have over 15 thousand miles on the green and it hasn't loosen..ThumbUp

Looked at it this morning....fortunately the bolt did not break off, nor are the threads messed up. This is the first time I lost one of these. Will be replaced prior to riding it again.

Kevin

Looked at it this morning....fortunately the bolt did not break off, nor are the threads messed up. This is the first time I lost one of these. Will be replaced prior to riding it again.

Kevin
Kevin, what I ended up doing is drilling a 1/16" hole through the heads in the two bolts and safety wiring the two bolts after torquing them. Haven't had any trouble since.
Butch

Kevin

On mine there's a spacer [thick washer] between the head and bracket, With the bolt gone that properly fell out also.. :Shrug:

Just to add the part # for the spacer is 83875-09

Kevin

Hi Kevin, I put a isolator type link that has the elastic isolation in the middle & is adjustable to find neutral mounting. I bought it from Jim Murphy at Lehman/Champion Co. It stops the pounding on the mount form being solid mounted.
I do find there is slightly more engine movement, but not a problem, & everything is staying tight.
But when I received the unit it was sold by Competition Cams. I still have the part # I think if you find a need. But the cost was less through Jim.

On my 11 T/G if it's the same bolt I'm thinking of they would come lose every 5 hundred miles or so.. It got to the point where I always carried a 9/16 box wrench with me. I tried the blue lock-tight and the red. Couldn't kept them tight, I was ready to tack weld them , Then someone turned me on to the green lock-tight..I have over 15 thousand miles on the green and it hasn't loosen..ThumbUp

If you ever need to take that bolt out & find it has grown in from the green loc-tite find some way to get the bolt real hot & it will melt the loc-Tite. Don't twist the bolt off or pull some of the aluminum around the threads trying to get it out.
Then replace the bolt when you go back together.

Hi Kevin, I put a isolator type link that has the elastic isolation in the middle & is adjustable to find neutral mounting. I bought it from Jim Murphy at Lehman/Champion Co. It stops the pounding on the mount form being solid mounted.
I do find there is slightly more engine movement, but not a problem, & everything is staying tight.
But when I received the unit it was sold by Competition Cams. I still have the part # I think if you find a need. But the cost was less through Jim.

Thanks man. I did replace the one on my 2011 with an adjustable one. Probably should on this one also. But for now, I already made the spacer and installed the bolt with a lock washer for now.

Began the process of removing a stripped bolt. Dealer tried to use an Allen head wrench on one of the two torx-head bolts holding the oil cooler on. Thanks a lot fellas! :mad:

Began the process of removing a stripped bolt. Dealer tried to use an Allen head wrench on one of the two torx-head bolts holding the oil cooler on. Thanks a lot fellas! :mad:

And you are not insisting they do it why? There are very few allen head bolts on Harleys. If they are not hex they are usually Torx.

And you are not insisting they do it why? There are very few allen head bolts on Harleys. If they are not hex they are usually Torx.

I have no proof they did it. I'm second owner but selling dealer claims they did all the work on the bike since new (10K miles). Considering the condition of the bike when I took delivery, I wouldn't want them to repair my lawn mower.

Parked it in its' new home for the first time a few days ago.

Rode it it to the shop in 30* temps yesterday. It's not been getting much attention lately. :(

TightFit_zpsaf338597.jpg

Kevin

I have ridden my TG over 6000 miles since the Clutch Recall (without taking it in for the recall repair, and had nary a problem.

I just got it back, and noticed today, that after doing the recall repair, the Tech did not install the MC cover correctly and it is leaking fluid. :(

I miss the days when mechanics worked in the dealerships.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png