What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

I did my morning coffee run ‘ Then a let the Dogs out run and then a carrot and worm run for the horse and chickens….Also put the Granddaughter on the Trike and we pickup lunch for Her and my wife and me…Now it’s cool down time in the house;Central air conditioning…👍..

Are 2016 in the tank or elsewhere? If in tank, did you buy the special tool to get the ring off or did you use a punch and hammer?

In the tank, you can use a punch and hammer if you are real careful and protect the tank, or you can buy the tool designed for HD tanks( it helps you keep tension on the lock ring equally)

Are 2016 in the tank or elsewhere? If in tank, did you buy the special tool to get the ring off or did you use a punch and hammer?

It's in the tank and I just used a brass punch. The tool seems to be out of stock everywhere. I didn't even fully remove it. I just pulled it out enough to separate it and changed the filter and o-ring and reassembled. My beer was still cold when I started the trike after completion. I probably spent more time cleaning under the dash panel than doing the actual repair.

Edit: that filter has almost 50k on it.

It's in the tank and I just used a brass punch. The tool seems to be out of stock everywhere. I didn't even fully remove it. I just pulled it out enough to separate it and changed the filter and o-ring and reassembled. My beer was still cold when I started the trike after completion. I probably spent more time cleaning under the dash panel than doing the actual repair.

Amazon lists the tool, but I think too many$$ for a few times use. I've been called a tight wad, so there is that.🤣😁. Thanks for the info.🍻

Amazon lists the tool, but I think too many$$ for a few times use. I've been called a tight wad, so there is that.🤣😁. Thanks for the info.🍻

I'll agree with that. The only one I could come close to finding in stock was the Jim's and it's way too much money for something to be used a couple times. I've worked in industrial maintenance my whole life and have plenty of tools to get pretty much anything done. I have way too many punch sets. lol.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png