What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Outstanding pictures must have been a seriously good ride.

Thanks!

Yes, the entire weekend was filled with great riding.

Weather was perfect too, ranging between 65 and 75 F, which Mary much prefers than some other weather we've ridden in. :laugh:

adjpasspegs5.jpg

Kevin

Hay Jack, what’s involved in checking the rear brake master fluid on a 12 tri ?

Not a whole lot, clean the cover before removing, once the cover is off look at the level and color of the fluid, if it is low you can top it off or I prefer to suck out as much as I can, wipe the inside and bottom ( where the compensating port is) real good with a lint free cotton towel or a clean Q tip.

Then you can refill the master, use a couple of slow half pumps of the brake pedal, if it is firm and does not fade, you are good to go, if it is spongy, bleed the rear calipers.

One of these is a very handy tool to have for checking your brake fluid.

61oXQ0m7PYL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Not a whole lot, clean the cover before removing, once the cover is off look at the level and color of the fluid, if it is low you can top it off or I prefer to suck out as much as I can, wipe the inside and bottom ( where the compensating port is) real good with a lint free cotton towel or a clean Q tip.

Then you can refill the master, use a couple of slow half pumps of the brake pedal, if it is firm and does not fade, you are good to go, if it is spongy, bleed the rear calipers.

One of these is a very handy tool to have for checking your brake fluid.

61oXQ0m7PYL.__AC_SY300_SX300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Thanks Jack , I can doooo that . Thought it would be a bear getting at the cap to remove .

What a stunade I am . The rear master is in front of the pedal . And here I’m looking under the exhaust by the brake light switch. If it wasn’t for my age , I’d of seen that emeditly . And I’m told it only gets better !

A very bad design, who puts a brake light switch and a master cylinder behind an exhaust pipe right?

Harley did and bad JUJU happens every time

If I had a nickel for every master and switch I have replaced I could own the MOCO:laugh:

Went on a 285-mile trike ride a few days ago. Beautiful weather. 85 degrees. Got home. Backed up in my garage. Dismounted the trike, I used my driver's footboard, like I always do. The rear bolt of the mount broke off. Had to take into the dealership to get the remaining part of the bolt. I would think it would be under the warranty. But, no it wasn't. Granted that they had the trike for a day and a half, the price wasn't too bad/ $75.00 Never had I ever had this problem before. Now the weather went to crap. Have to wait a few days to ride again.

IMG_0807.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 82
Went on a 285-mile trike ride a few days ago. Beautiful weather. 85 degrees. Got home. Backed up in my garage. Dismounted the trike, I used my driver's footboard, like I always do. The rear bolt of the mount broke off. Had to take into the dealership to get the remaining part of the bolt. I would think it would be under the warranty. But, no it wasn't. Granted that they had the trike for a day and a half, the price wasn't too bad/ $75.00 Never had I ever had this problem before. Now the weather went to crap. Have to wait a few days to ride again.

View attachment 117689

I guess that Gremlin escaped the bell ! Good fix ..

i zapped my battery when I was removing it on my Freewheeler, luckily no damage to any components:AGGHH:

I take it that the free battery location is the same as on tie tri. I made 2 loop pulls using crimp terminals. Then secured one to + and the other to - . Pull out old bat , install new . No finger pinching required .

I take it that the free battery location is the same as on tie tri. I made 2 loop pulls using crimp terminals. Then secured one to + and the other to - . Pull out old bat , install new . No finger pinching required .

Yes it is under the seat, the grab strap on the battery had slipped all the way under the battery and was trapped, we live off a really bad bumpy road, that I am sure jarred the battery loose

I got it out and fixed the strap and made sure the battery was secured and cleaned and tightened it alsoThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png