What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Glad to see you posting again,JC.

Thanks Brother....It's just been a hell of a couple of months. I'm a little long in the tooth to be packing and moving and unpacking and on and on.......But so far, I'm starting to believe all I have to do is pick a direction and the whole state is just beautiful. And it sure is nice having roads that aren't either beat to death or under construction!

jc

Nothing...I forgot today was the first day of school and made a mistake and i took the Gunner out to get The paper and coffee/bagel ' I have to ride past the High School to get it, What a mess, Makes me appreciate the Trike... Not having to put my feet down in stop and go traffic..:gah:

At 14k miles, changed out the original OEM Dunlop yesterday on my 2016 TGU for a Dunlop American Elite rear tire that I had mounted in reverse direction to account for the radial splice. Hoping to get about 20-25k out of this new tire. I took off about 1k worth of rubber on the front tire in 350 miles of spirited riding in the GA,NC and TN mountains this past week on some beautiful roads (Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Highlands, NC).

Recently...

I took that stretch of real hot weather and decided to put my 14" Kliphangers on that have been in the box for 8 months. One issue after another and I ended up about 26 changes later(all planned, but not supposed to take 4 weeks). A few yet to go(sitting ready)
billet mount 2.jpg
billet engine mount that they say doesn't fit
cooler 2.jpg
DK oil cooler with AN fittings & braided lines
cup holder 2.jpg
Kury cup holder, blk PC
View attachment 39209
Wards Werks Fans, Blk horn cover, Org SE wires
finned headbolt bridge, Baker shift linkage
fuel door 2.jpg
Kury Triline fuel door, black push button
inner primary cover 2.jpg
Inner primary cover, blk pc
left bar 2.jpg
14" kliphangers, mc cover, lighted controls, tribal grips

Attachments

• left engine 2.jpg
    left engine 2.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
passing lamp 1 2.jpg
visors, blk pc, led signals, more blk pc. Had to paint the skirt, no black one available. HD website is showing paint match skirts on trikes, but I only see chrome part numbers.
rt bar 2.jpg
rt side, PV2-AT, jackpot 2-1-2, RCX
rt engine 2.jpg
all cover blk, some pc., digital temp
rt lift 2.jpg
my custom tank lift
rt rocker 2.jpg
blk rocker covers, a little rear lift
seat 2.jpg
seat and filled
switches 2.jpg
all switches, black knob, painted inner
remote filter 2.jpg
DK relocation kit, Definative5 filter(I have more)
footboard covers, blk pc. Their is a DK lift under there too.

I just rode an hour yesterday thru rain that had cars pulled over. Some guys say never keep track of what you spend, well I track everything. My speadsheet shows over 150 things I have added or changed. Since a lot won't interchange on a 2017, We'll be lik'in this one a while !!

Last edited:
Productive Day

First, the Tank Lift Kit w/Deluxe Option went on. Easy!

Then, progressed to the Twin Cam Head Breather System. Surprise! Didn't have to do any drilling on the "13 TG rear AC housing. There are three big open squares back there!

Next, on went the oil filter relocation and oil cooler kit with braided Stainless hose and Chrome hose clamps.

And finally, out for a ride and leak check. All was well, but discovered something pretty interesting, yet unnerving....

....key and fob are on the workbench within ten feet of the bike. TG fires up - no problem - and down the driveway I go. Go out and run about thirty miles and head back home. All is well. I get home to find my key and fob still on the workbench.

Good thing I didn't stop for ice cream or the TG would have put up a fuss and I woud have had to either go into override or call my wife and ask her to bring the key and fob. Next time I'm working on the TG, I'll put the key and fob in the tour-pack!!

Thanks DK Custom Products. All y'all made my day!:clapping:

And finally, out for a ride and leak check. All was well, but discovered something pretty interesting, yet unnerving....

....key and fob are on the workbench within ten feet of the bike. TG fires up - no problem - and down the driveway I go. Go out and run about thirty miles and head back home. All is well. I get home to find my key and fob still on the workbench.

I did the same with my Tri, Lucky i was only two miles from home. [6:30Am]..So instead of going though the code i called my wife and asked her to run the FOB over to me.. She wasn't to happy , You would of thought i had asked her to invade Poland or something..:gah:

First, the Tank Lift Kit w/Deluxe Option went on. Easy!

Then, progressed to the Twin Cam Head Breather System. Surprise! Didn't have to do any drilling on the "13 TG rear AC housing. There are three big open squares back there!

Next, on went the oil filter relocation and oil cooler kit with braided Stainless hose and Chrome hose clamps.

Good thing I didn't stop for ice cream or the TG would have put up a fuss and I woud have had to either go into override or call my wife and ask her to bring the key and fob. Next time I'm working on the TG, I'll put the key and fob in the tour-pack!!

Thanks DK Custom Products. All y'all made my day!:clapping:

:)

I keep a card with my security code on it in my wallet, and the instructions on how to use it in my Tour Pak. That way if I get somewhere without my FOB (or the battery goes bad in the FOB) I can still start her up.

Kevin

Today's Updates

- lift kit added
- 5000 mile service
- software update
- foggy headlamp and loose trunk latch (both warranty) on order, to be replaced on Monday
- returned and replaced rain suit that never should have passed QC inspection. Pants didn't have waterproof tape on the seams in the crotch so of course they leaked A LOT! And the liner on one of the sleeves in the jacket was sown in twisted making it all but impossible to get it on in a hurry on the side of the road without a lot of help.

Only continuing issue that the service department "hopes" will be resolved with the new software update is a problem with the voice recognition freezing up and not being able to use it again until I stop and restart the ignition. They couldn't get the problem to replicate itself.

I did a lot for my Big Mac today, by installing some of the delivery from DK Custom, thanks Kevin for this good deal, wich ended with releasing the packages from customs.

First I installed the “Chrome Mini Floorboards w/ Rubber Cushioned Heel Rests”, what a big step ahed in comfort. In addition with the Floorboard Extenstions now I have a pretty big area to place my feet, very comfortable. Not so nice, that the “Extended Brake Pedal Lever / Arm” does not fit on my bike. It conflicts with my leg shields, but thanks for this, I noticed, that the joint of the lever was bone dry. Then I installed the Mid Step, another great step forward in comfort. I need to accustom my self to the existence of this device, but very useful at mounting the bike! Thanks to the guys at Trike Mid Step for this invitation!
Finally the simplest modification, lowering the rear tyre pressure to 22 psi, gives a nice, smooth ride.

Today is bad weather, but I had to test all these stuff, so I did a short 55 miles round, where I found a nice resting place

IMG_0618.jpg

with a grand view into dramatic clouds

PanoramaDramatisch20161003-1024.jpg

So I ..............

Put the taller Wind Splitter on. The morning ride to work is getting chilly, even here in n central TX. Swapped out the fishtails for the short slash tips on the Street Cannon's. And, I finally ordered the rear trunk guard. With any luck, I am done jacking with this thing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png