What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Added the Mighty Mites to the Fat Bottom Girl.

Fuzzy...With the Mighty Mites it seems most are not using the frame mounting option and just going off the horn. So..3 questions:

1: Obviously you feel the smaller "Mites" offer plenty of cooling as opposed to the Big Honking Love Jugs? {I hate that look}

2: Frame v/s horn mount...which way did you go?

3: Wired....Battery or the accessory switch...and if switched...is it stupid simple....I hate electrical....Thanks

We cleaned love bugs off the bike after our ride today, they are just starting to come out, looks like we're done riding for about 2 weeks till they're done having fun. Nasty little buggers, very acidic, need to get them off right away.

Fuzzy...With the Mighty Mites it seems most are not using the frame mounting option and just going off the horn. So..3 questions:

1: Obviously you feel the smaller "Mites" offer plenty of cooling as opposed to the Big Honking Love Jugs? {I hate that look}

2: Frame v/s horn mount...which way did you go?

3: Wired....Battery or the accessory switch...and if switched...is it stupid simple....I hate electrical....Thanks

As I am far from an expert, and for years believed they were a "Gimmick", I kind of sought out people that have had them, sell them, or have done imperical data testing about them ... Zook Sells them, so his opinion was a big consideration. Kevin has done more testing that probably even Love Jugs, LOL, So his opinion mattered. Many folks here, Jack, Fred and many others have them and swear by them.

1) So, I decided to get them. Not liking the "Bigger Fans" I went with the Mighty Mites. I've seen them on Kevin's 14 ... the only ones I've ever seen. When we rode together, I could hear the fans when we stopped for fuel, and it wasn't obnoxious.

2) Okay, so I did the mighty mites and several on this forum said the horn mount was probably all i need and could up grade if I chose to, so why spend the $$ if I don't need to. I trusted my own judgement while installing them to decide if the horn mount was sufficient.. After doing the install, I concur, especially on my Tri. I have checked almost every time I stop for any length of time, like a stop light, and the fans are not vibrating much more than the tank. I can't imagine the amount of vibration they are seeing will shorten their life. I think the stiffening bracket and upgraded rubber damper work well.

3) Since I hate electrical, I can do it, just don't like it, I ponied up for the plug and play cord, glad I did. Made the install super easy for me, plus, I don't have to remember to turn them on. Trust me, that's a good thing ... LOL.

So ... bottom line ... I did some research and made my choice ... it's a big $$$ choice ... make it just once ... :D

While writing this, I had a couple questions, especially since I'll be heading out of town on the trike soon.

1) Do you guys that have these and have them wired to the acc connections worry that if someone was to be jacking with your ride and turned the switch to acc would the fans run??? I may have to try this without the fob around. I'm guessing it wouldn't take too long to drain the battery with them running. Does the acc connection have power without the fob present??? If so, I guess I'd have to lock the forks (not my favorite thing to do) to prevent this.

2) What is the amp rating on the acc connection, and is it fused??? A little late to be asking this.

As I am far from an expert, and for years believed they were a "Gimmick", I kind of sought out people that have had them, sell them, or have done imperical data testing about them ... Zook Sells them, so his opinion was a big consideration. Kevin has done more testing that probably even Love Jugs, LOL, So his opinion mattered. Many folks here, Jack, Fred and many others have them and swear by them.

Since I hate electrical, I can do it, just don't like it, I ponied up for the plug and play cord, glad I did. Made the install super easy for me, plus, I don't have to remember to turn them on. Trust me, that's a good thing ... LOL.So ... bottom line ... I did some research and made my choice ... it's a big $$$ choice ... make it just once ... :D

Thank you very much brother...we seem to be on the same page, it's why I asked. I am hoping that they will also help when in traffic...we are going to Utah, and a Buttload of the national parks. I'd be foolish to believe we are going to be able to pull right up and head in {even tho we are "Planning" on early entry to try and beat some of the traffic} Never really had a heat issue, I try and plan around traffic times. Thinking this time it won't work! lol

Thank you very much brother...we seem to be on the same page, it's why I asked. I am hoping that they will also help when in traffic...we are going to Utah, and a Buttload of the national parks. I'd be foolish to believe we are going to be able to pull right up and head in {even tho we are "Planning" on early entry to try and beat some of the traffic} Never really had a heat issue, I try and plan around traffic times. Thinking this time it won't work! lol

Don't miss Bryce and Zion ... and weather permitting, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. There will be some delays and my experience so far with the mighty mites ... ET as read by the PV goes down when stopped ... LOL ... still in the 60's here, guessing they will do well in higher temps. I'll find out in about a week, going to the Nevada Northern Desert, gonna be 90 ish.

Don't miss Bryce and Zion ... and weather permitting, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. There will be some delays and my experience so far with the mighty mites ... ET as read by the PV goes down when stopped ... LOL ... still in the 60's here, guessing they will do well in higher temps. I'll find out in about a week, going to the Nevada Northern Desert, gonna be 90 ish.

Thanks Fuzz...All three are on our list as is driving thru Grand Junction. I'll give ya a holler and if you are available, I can have my wife buy us an adult beverage! jc

Thanks Fuzz...All three are on our list as is driving thru Grand Junction. I'll give ya a holler and if you are available, I can have my wife buy us an adult beverage! jc

Sounds like a plan ... make mine a beer ... root beer ... :D

I'll be out of town from 5/12 until ???? at least until 5/16 ... I'll be in Mesquite and the Nevada desert.

1) So, I decided to get them. Not liking the "Bigger Fans" I went with the Mighty Mites. I've seen them on Kevin's 14 ... the only ones I've ever seen. When we rode together, I could hear the fans when we stopped for fuel, and it wasn't obnoxious.

2) Okay, so I did the mighty mites and several on this forum said the horn mount was probably all i need and could up grade if I chose to, so why spend the $$ if I don't need to. I trusted my own judgement while installing them to decide if the horn mount was sufficient.. After doing the install, I concur, especially on my Tri. I have checked almost every time I stop for any length of time, like a stop light, and the fans are not vibrating much more than the tank. I can't imagine the amount of vibration they are seeing will shorten their life. I think the stiffening bracket and upgraded rubber damper work well.

3) Since I hate electrical, I can do it, just don't like it, I ponied up for the plug and play cord, glad I did. Made the install super easy for me, plus, I don't have to remember to turn them on. Trust me, that's a good thing ... LOL.

So ... bottom line ... I did some research and made my choice ... it's a big $$$ choice ... make it just once ... :D

While writing this, I had a couple questions, especially since I'll be heading out of town on the trike soon.

1) Do you guys that have these and have them wired to the acc connections worry that if someone was to be jacking with your ride and turned the switch to acc would the fans run??? I may have to try this without the fob around. I'm guessing it wouldn't take too long to drain the battery with them running. Does the acc connection have power without the fob present??? If so, I guess I'd have to lock the forks (not my favorite thing to do) to prevent this.

2) What is the amp rating on the acc connection, and is it fused??? A little late to be asking this.

Answers: 1) No. ACC does not work without fob present, UNLESS you turn them on while the fob is present, then walk away (which would be kinda dumb).

And 2) No. Unless the item that is hooked up to it is already fused, which you could splice in a fuse if there isn't one. Amp rating, I have no idea. Mine runs my fans quite well and has never had a problem. I just leave the switch 'on'. My fans are the old Ward's Fans. I will be going immediately to Mighty Mites from Zook whenever these finally decide to take a dump.

1) Do you guys that have these and have them wired to the acc connections worry that if someone was to be jacking with your ride and turned the switch to acc would the fans run??? I may have to try this without the fob around. I'm guessing it wouldn't take too long to drain the battery with them running. Does the acc connection have power without the fob present??? If so, I guess I'd have to lock the forks (not my favorite thing to do) to prevent this........

Our trikes will turn on power but won't immediately start without the FOB being present. But the Security System will Flash "Enter PIIN" in the odometer for us to use the FOB Bypass procedure and our 5-digit PIN. If it's not entered, our headlight will not turn on. The display window will also go out if no PIN input is made. The ignition will stay disabled until the FOB shows up.

I don't use the fork lock position anymore, after switch not unlocking once and a tow to the dealer. I still lock the Ignition Switch, but only with the front forks and wheel straight ahead. This way no one can prank me by turning my ignition on and walking away. Plus with my Mighty Mites, Driving Lights and Auxiliary Lamps all controlled by the dash switches; if I've switched them off, then there'd be less drain on the battery anyway, if the ignition were somehow able to be turned on.

Surprisingly, my brain cells retained a few things after readiing the Owners Manual several times during an 8 week surgical recovery last year. Was so disgusted I couldn't ride...so I read.:(

Surprisingly, my brain cells retained a few things after readiing the Owners Manual several times during an 8 week surgical recovery last year. Was so disgusted I couldn't ride...so I read.:(

I get that ... LOL ... after both knee replacements (not so much on the second one) I did lots of reading.

FYI for all ... did some research and as best I can tell, when you plug into the acc plug under the left side cover, the power that comes from that is fused at 15 amps.

I get that ... LOL ... after both knee replacements (not so much on the second one) I did lots of reading.

FYI for all ... did some research and as best I can tell, when you plug into the acc plug under the left side cover, the power that comes from that is fused at 15 amps.

That's really good info! What's been frustrating for me is, I've been trying to find a "Y" type connector/harness that allows us to connect to that accessory connector left side cover and give two of the same connection points. Right now the Auxiliary Power Switch Kit's harness that's connected there allows me connections for two electronics, but I loss the ability to connect my heated seat to the accessory connector.

So far dealer parts guys haven't been able to find a "Y" type cable/harness for that connector. My search is still on....

That's really good info! What's been frustrating for me is, I've been trying to find a "Y" type connector/harness that allows us to connect to that accessory connector left side cover and give two of the same connection points. Right now the Auxiliary Power Switch Kit's harness that's connected there allows me connections for two electronics, but I loss the ability to connect my heated seat to the accessory connector.

So far dealer parts guys haven't been able to find a "Y" type cable/harness for that connector. My search is still on....

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/electrical-accessory-adapter

If you read the "guide" about this ... basically does what you want ... I think

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png