What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

I installed the Comfort Lift from DK Customs a couple days ago, and have been riding on smooth to bumpy, straight and twisty roads, and WOW what a difference.

On the bumpy unlevel county roads it handled great, and on the better state roads it was like floating on a cloud, but very hands free stable. Then yesterday I detailed Betty up real nice because a bunch of us were going for a Texas country tour today, but at 6AM I get a call----cancelled because of rain. DRAT, I guess we will go next weekend since I'm the only one of the group retired. So it will be riding solo until then. Now I just ordered a bunch of "Bling" as the kids call it" for Betty. Gotta keep the lady happy with some nice Trike jewelery. She is so purrty.

Got cover at Harley Dealer.

I bought a cover from HD when I bought my triglide a month ago. I bought the indoor and outdoor cover as I have no garage here at my place. Just a car port. Here in the NW, have a lot of Fir trees and get a lot of Fir needles, sap plus the normal rainy storms. So the outdoor cover will find a lot of use. Going for a test ride today as it was late last night when I finished getting all of the exhaust buttoned up. Put on the Fullsac header pipe. Fit like it should. Started it up to hear the new sound, a little deeper but out on the road should be the real test. There might be a little more get up and go but wanted to get that CAT off. It was burning up my foot. May think about doing the extended floor broads next.

I bought a cover from HD when I bought my triglide a month ago. I bought the indoor and outdoor cover as I have no garage here at my place. Just a car port. Here in the NW, have a lot of Fir trees and get a lot of Fir needles, sap plus the normal rainy storms. So the outdoor cover will find a lot of use. Going for a test ride today as it was late last night when I finished getting all of the exhaust buttoned up. Put on the Fullsac header pipe. Fit like it should. Started it up to hear the new sound, a little deeper but out on the road should be the real test. There might be a little more get up and go but wanted to get that CAT off. It was burning up my foot. May think about doing the extended floor broads next.

Did you have to buy the FullSac extension to use on the trike? Reason I ask is I have a set off my 2014 FLHXS that I want to put on. Did you stay with the stock mufflers? Tony

I installed the Comfort Lift from DK Customs a couple days ago, and have been riding on smooth to bumpy, straight and twisty roads, and WOW what a difference.

On the bumpy unlevel county roads it handled great, and on the better state roads it was like floating on a cloud, but very hands free stable. Then yesterday I detailed Betty up real nice because a bunch of us were going for a Texas country tour today, but at 6AM I get a call----cancelled because of rain. DRAT, I guess we will go next weekend since I'm the only one of the group retired. So it will be riding solo until then. Now I just ordered a bunch of "Bling" as the kids call it" for Betty. Gotta keep the lady happy with some nice Trike jewelery. She is so purrty.

Always good to hear how folks are enjoying the Comfort Lift. ThumbUp

Did you have to buy the FullSac extension to use on the trike? Reason I ask is I have a set off my 2014 FLHXS that I want to put on. Did you stay with the stock mufflers? Tony

When I purchased the header, I told them I was going to put them on a trike and they sent the extension with the set. I did try to put the old extension on as it was chrome but it was really too tight so I put the new extension on. Easier. I had the V&H triglide deluxe mufflers put on when I bought the triglide. They have oval tips and less problems of scraping. They are ok. I like rhineharts. But the header allowed the mufflers come alive a little bit. So I will see how I will like them as time goes on.
Went on a test ride this morning for a couple hours. Like the headers. A little get up and go. I like it. And less heat coming off the right side. Didn't have that "heel of my boot cooking" thing. :)

Installed Moore Sensible Products Remote Oil Filter Kit Part #RF6-09+ with K&P Engineering’s reusable oil filters with chrome housing. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Very cool! We are playing around with different remote oil filter projects.

Good choice on the reusable oil, they make a difference, and if you ride a lot, they are more economical also.

ThumbUp

Kevin

I like using the reusable filter for the main reason I can look inside the filter to hopefully see how clean the oil is.

This remote system works very well. Only concern I have is it rides very close to the side plate. I'll most likely put a small piece of clear 3M vinyl where it touches the panel. I might mention that my side panel on the left side does not fit as well as the right side panel and this is the main reason it touches. This winter I'll take it apart and have the pieces powder coated black. I also wish they had a mounting system that mounted to the down tubes near the shift linkage. This would get the filter away from the side panel.

If someone can tell me why these pictures are rotated wrong please PM. They are orientated correctly on my computer.

Tony

Attachments

• Remote oil filter kit.jpg
    Remote oil filter kit.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0876 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0876 (Medium).JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0877 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0877 (Medium).JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I like using the reusable filter for the main reason I can look inside the filter to hopefully see how clean the oil is.

This remote system works very well. Only concern I have is it rides very close to the side plate. I'll most likely put a small piece of clear 3M vinyl where it touches the panel. I might mention that my side panel on the left side does not fit as well as the right side panel and this is the main reason it touches. This winter I'll take it apart and have the pieces powder coated black. I also wish they had a mounting system that mounted to the down tubes near the shift linkage. This would get the filter away from the side panel.

Tony

Yes, it's nice to see the filter element without having to cut it open.

We're working on making one that will mount up under the body, right inside the rear left tire.

Kevin

Yes, it's nice to see the filter element without having to cut it open.We're working on making one that will mount up under the body, right inside the rear left tire.Kevin

Let me know when you have it done I would like to see what it looks like. Tony

- - - Updated - - -

Installed FullSac DX header with their Tri-Glide extensions. Installed Rush Big Louie 4" mufflers. Note to self. Don't be cheap. Buy new muffler clamps. Was not a hard install. It would be nice to have normal size hands instead of paws though. Of yea, thank you Lord for my lift. Onto the next project. Tony

2014 oil pan had two stripped bolts so H-D was going to replace the oil pan under warranty. Instead I paid the difference and had them install the H-D 1.5+ oil pan.

The H-D website shows the pan will not fit the Tri-Glide. The service manager could see no reason why it would not fit. He told me if I order the 1.5+ pan and it did not fit they would pull the pan off one of the floor models and swap out the pan so I would not have to wait another week for the stock pan to arrive. This is where you know you have a good dealership.

Pan did fit. Bolted up just fine. Service manager did say it was tight getting it up under there. We pick the Tri-Glide up today. Looking forward to seeing how it looks. 1.5 more quarts of oil will be nice. Tony

2014 oil pan had two stripped bolts so H-D was going to replace the oil pan under warranty. Instead I paid the difference and had them install the H-D 1.5+ oil pan.

The H-D website shows the pan will not fit the Tri-Glide. The service manager could see no reason why it would not fit. He told me if I order the 1.5+ pan and it did not fit they would pull the pan off one of the floor models and swap out the pan so I would not have to wait another week for the stock pan to arrive. This is where you know you have a good dealership.

Pan did fit. Bolted up just fine. Service manager did say it was tight getting it up under there. We pick the Tri-Glide up today. Looking forward to seeing how it looks. 1.5 more quarts of oil will be nice. Tony

I was looking into that too, but saw the disclaimer. Will a motorcycle lift, like the J&S lift work with the bigger pan???

Let me know when you have it done I would like to see what it looks like. Tony - - - Updated - - - Installed FullSac DX header with their Tri-Glide extensions. Installed Rush Big Louie 4" mufflers. Note to self. Don't be cheap. Buy new muffler clamps. Was not a hard install. It would be nice to have normal size hands instead of paws though. Of yea, thank you Lord for my lift. Onto the next project. Tony

Why DX? I was under the impression that the CX made more torque for the trikes. Maybe I'm wrong??
Any dyno runs done?? I bet it sounds AWESOME. ThumbUp

Bob :Dorag:

HDBOB, the reason for the DX is I had them from an install on the 2014 Street Glide we had. They sound very nice. A tune is in order but will have to wait as the Tri-Glide is in the paint shop getting a large chip repair on the fender, then off to another shop to have the 3M clear put on the fenders.

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking into that too, but saw the disclaimer. Will a motorcycle lift, like the J&S lift work with the bigger pan???

I picked the Tri-Glide up today. The Service Manager said the pan will work but it was a PIA to install. This was the first one they did and it took over 5 hours to install. I'll have to wait a bit before I can let you know if the lift jack will still work for sure. From what I saw just bending over and looking is it does not hang down below the frame rails.

I'll post some pictures next week when it get out of the paint shop for a chip repair.

HDBOB, the reason for the DX is I had them from an install on the 2014 Street Glide we had. They sound very nice. A tune is in order but will have to wait as the Tri-Glide is in the paint shop getting a large chip repair on the fender, then off to another shop to have the 3M clear put on the fenders.

- - - Updated - - -

I picked the Tri-Glide up today. The Service Manager said the pan will work but it was a PIA to install. This was the first one they did and it took over 5 hours to install. I'll have to wait a bit before I can let you know if the lift jack will still work for sure. From what I saw just bending over and looking is it does not hang down below the frame rails.

I'll post some pictures next week when it get out of the paint shop for a chip repair.

Have you considered this protectant cover ?
https://www.xpel.com/products/xpel_ultimate_paint_protection_film.asp

It is self healing from scrapes & scares. It also will do a lot better coverage on the finders. Like 100% if you want. Watch their videos.

Yesterday I put "DK's" Premium Comfort Lift Kit on my 2015 Tri-Glide. I could not be happier with a product. This was the best accessory I installed on my 2013 Tri-Glide and again on my 2015. Thank You Kevin, for a great product. :10:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png