What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Short shake down ride , exhaust not sealing at rear head it sounds like. Gonna let her cool down loosen and the reseat everything and see what happens hope it doesn't need to come apart again. Wards fans cycled on and took about 15 minutes to turn off after shutdown. Set up gauge screen on Tuner.

If you used new gaskets then more than likely you just didn't get the nuts down equally. I usually go 3 or 4 turns per nut back and forth to seat them evenly.

Loosened every thing , reset and retorqued. Still heard leak. Out of town for weekend. Gonna have to come apart and check gaskets and try again on Monday.

Removed the new exhaust , removed supplied flat gaskets and installed stock tapered gaskets. Reinstall exhaust , no leaks , glad thats done. Remote oil filter base leaking at outlet fitting , cranked in two whole turns using a weatherhead socket. Definitely a specialty tool that most people don't have but should.

Removed the new exhaust , removed supplied flat gaskets and installed stock tapered gaskets. Reinstall exhaust , no leaks , glad thats done. Remote oil filter base leaking at outlet fitting , cranked in two whole turns using a weatherhead socket. Definitely a specialty tool that most people don't have but should.

Those crush gaskets seem to be the only way to go. :clapping:

Rode to work this morning. Happy with the power after all the mods. Little loud not too bad. Rode it mildly not cracking it wide open and running revs up. Try to shift at 2500.
Still small leak at remote filter gotta chase that down.

Had to go check

Rode my 16 TG out on gravel roads leading to where I go dirt bike riding just to confirm I no longer care if its blacktop or gravel. I was right, I don't care. This opens up a lot more roads in the area to go sightseeing on. Going to trade in my 15 Ultra Limited Low now on another trike because my wife started riding this one. Yesterday she rode the trike and I the bike and had 50 or 60 miles of rain on the mountain roads out of the 170 mile trek. Turned out okay but think I would have felt safer on a trike! Besides I have a 07' 1200 Sporty when I really want 2 wheels.

Had to make a stop at dealer for a new gas cap. Stopped for fuel after work and almost couldn't get cap off and took quite a while to get it back on.

2 trikes

Rode my 16 TG out on gravel roads leading to where I go dirt bike riding just to confirm I no longer care if its blacktop or gravel. I was right, I don't care. This opens up a lot more roads in the area to go sightseeing on. Going to trade in my 15 Ultra Limited Low now on another trike because my wife started riding this one. Yesterday she rode the trike and I the bike and had 50 or 60 miles of rain on the mountain roads out of the 170 mile trek. Turned out okay but think I would have felt safer on a trike! Besides I have a 07' 1200 Sporty when I really want 2 wheels.

Wife had a Sportster - rode my trike and said 'I want one'.......we could not be HAPPIER,
Both 2010 H.D.
Hers 37,000 +
Mine 69,000 + Happy MILES
:) :pepper:

What did I do to my tri-glide today?

Took it for a ride around town, trying to get back home before those big black clouds soaked me. Starting to think I don't like my RZ seat anymore. Might be time to ask for suggestions for something better.

Finally got my Avon front tire installed. (just bought it 6 months ago). Took the looooonnnngggg way home. First impressions are pretty good. Smoother ride, lighter feeling, especially around corners. Just might be a keeper.

Farkle with a function, I hope. After having the Stage I with Rinehart True Dual Xtremes done a few months ago, I noticed some reduced heat on my legs. After the DK 1.5" tank lift deluxe and removal of the left heat shield, that helped even more, but I was still noticing some heat on my right leg from what seemed to be the stock air cleaner cover, so I replaced it with the Kuryakyn "Alley Cat" air cleaner cover, which looks a lot like the one from DK. Hopefully this will help even more.

cover_zpsw3cbkeaf.jpg

IMG_7244-1.JPG

Well today i removed dash pad and installed a light into the dash for the boot in case it opens and polished the wheels and goes in next week for a stage4 kit which should be nice.

Attachments

• IMG_7244.JPG
    IMG_7244.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 174

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png