What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Had to work on the chrome today, we live about 2 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico but have to keep after the chrome a couple times a year to eliminate pitting.

16bZESat_o.jpg

Got a call from the owner of the local dealer today. He was looking through sales and saw my issue with the parts (Windshield Trim Mirrors and Mounts) not coming in and not even being ordered. Which of course led to a refund when I got wind that they hadn't even ordered them. I was a tad upset, but, just asked for a refund.

He asked if I would come in and discuss it. I told him I would, on my way to Bible study. The dealer is about a mile from the Church and it was snowing, so I didn't want to make two trips. We talked about it and he decided to give me the Mirrors and mounts at 20% off, after my 10% for being a vet, came to like $216 plus tax, or about 28% off. Not shabby. I got the impression he is bleeding customers, but, who knows. Needless to say, I reordered them. Supposed to be here the 28th, we'll see.

To quote the maid, talking to Lumineer in Beauty and the Beast, "Monsieur, I've been burned by you before!", so I'm taking the tack of wait and see. I had these mirrors on the 15 Tri and loved them.

Mirrors Front 2.jpeg

Mirrors back.jpeg

With my wide body, it is much easier to see around me with these. :blush:

While there, I couldn't resist checking out the CVO trike. :D I wasn't all that impressed. I've never been a big fan of those pegs ... Kahuna I think. There was something I loved. The hardware for the tour pak is painted to match the bike. It really caught my eye in person, even though I didn't notice it in the photos. If I ever paint the FBG, I'll have them do that too ... :D

The seat is kind of kewl too ... I didn't want to sit on it ... afraid if I broke it I bought it ... LOL.

2020-01-21 14.38.11.jpg

2020-01-21 14.38.25.jpg

DSC01013.JPGLook good Fuzz I don't think I could use them they are just a little low for my liking and my 2+2 wide sweepers They sure look good though.

DSC00550.JPG

Yea ... I debated actually ordering them ... if I do apes, it's a total loss. But, with the stock bars, they look so much nicer and I know I can see behind me with these.

What I have now, works and I can see well, but, they are really ugly and I catch garbage all the time because the writing is upside down on the mirrors ... I always say, "What writing???"

2019-03-19 15.32.06.jpeg

Took it out for what turned out to be quite a nice cruise. Made the copilot put a jacket on and she's glad I did. Just about 100 miles round trip up I-10 for some lunch.

Mounted the Mirrors

The mirrors came Friday, yesterday was cool, damp and drab, I just didn't feel up to messing with them. Woke this morning to sunshine and almost 40*. Couple that with the antibiotic seems to be breaking up the Spit Gland Infection, which has me feeling better that I have in a while, almost normal, so, I backed the Tri out of the garage and mounted them, I really like the look and the visibility is awesome.

From the front:

2020-01-26 11.52.43.jpg

From the back, just behind the trike, I can be seen in both mirrors (sorry about that), but, If you can see me in both, I can see everything behind me:

2020-01-26 11.53.05.jpg

Okay, that really felt good to be able to do something, and it occurred to me that I wasn't winded like I have been for awhile. Hmmmmm ... the wheels were turning. Went back into the house, got my heavy coat and gloves, headed to Delta, about 35 miles of desert. Felt so good being on the Tri again. It's what I needed. A little test ride before I go meandering next week. Got me a burger and came home.

I booked reservations for Feb 2, Super Bowl Sunday in Mesquite, NV. Gonna drive the Jeep down before the game with the tri on the trailer. Watch the Super Bowl, play some Pai Gow. Next morning, I'm heading out on the tri to Vegas. Gonna go talk to Ryan at Count Customs about painting the FBG. See the Count's cars and meander from there. If I remember, gonna get some pics of his collection (assuming you can take pics). I'm hoping to meet Shannon as well. Maybe get a set of Mini apes installed too :D. The plan is to bring the Tri down there next Dec, pic it up Early Feb. Might not be back until the 13th, have too be back by then because I have an appointment with the eye doc to check the glasses and glaucoma. Really looking forward to getting in the wind again and cleaning out the head. It's been awhile since I got the head right. :AGGHH:

And the really good news ... I fell in love with the Fat Bottom Girl all over again ... so I think I don't really need anything else, no projects, nothing.

Whoooooooo Hoooooooo

Wow, I've been riding the TG in a lot of cold weather the last couple of weeks.

It sure was nice to ride in this morning with the temp at a balmy 52 degrees.

I hope it holds for tomorrow. I have a 300-400 mile test run I need to do on the Softail. :xzqxz:

Kevin

First mod 'SS Wheel Disc Plates' to my 2020 Tri Glide

I installed the RJS Originals Mirror Polished Stainless Steel Wheel Disc Plates. I used my homemade ramps (that I use when loading the trike into my F150 bed using my Rampage lift) to raise the trike off the floor. I then used a small hydraulic jack with a small split 2X4 against the strap tie down loop area and worked one side at a time removing wheel and installing disc. They make the wheel look good and should keep the brake dust off the outside surface of the wheel. I tried uploading pictures but failed doing so.

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since a Total right knee replacement and since its 58 in Ohio today i went to the garage to see if i can get on the trike. And the answer was YES,reaching the rear brake with full foot contact is doable but not lighting fast,put my foot out on the highway peg and it was pretty comfy. Don't want to push it just yet,we are going to Fla in early March and my buddy has two trikes so want to be healed up for a week in the sun.

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since a Total right knee replacement and since its 58 in Ohio today i went to the garage to see if i can get on the trike. And the answer was YES,reaching the rear brake with full foot contact is doable but not lighting fast,put my foot out on the highway peg and it was pretty comfy. Don't want to push it just yet,we are going to Fla in early March and my buddy has two trikes so want to be healed up for a week in the sun.

Good news. :clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png