What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Cleaned up a mess

Well for a treat for my Bride's birthday yesterday it rained so I told her we would go for a ride today. Beautiful Sunshine a little windy but really nice. We were out for about an hour 60 or so miles in and the sun disappeared clouds moved in and yes rain... We stopped and put our rain jackets on just in case in started to rain seriously well it did man did it ever. We were only 10 miles from home so we just slowed a little and made it home.

So I learned that the New Goodyear tires Viva III's are a stable tire in the rain and all round comfortable tire and really handle well on corners when in a hurry as far as I'm concerned and made in the U.S.A. to boot with 21 pounds of air in them. I spent the rest of the day cleaning up the mess that is created in about 15 miles of sloppy main highway riding I strongly dislike doing all that at once though. Travel safe FredDSC01600.JPG

I realized that I had an old software version on my infotainment system. It’s been a long time since I updated it so it took me a couple of hours to remember how :laugh:. All up to date now :D.

I realized that I had an old software version on my infotainment system. It’s been a long time since I updated it so it took me a couple of hours to remember how :laugh:. All up to date now :D.

Wait until you update the maps ... truly a pain.:D

Got my DK Outlaw high performance oil filter in the mail yesterday. On my way out this morning to get some "in the wind time", I picked it out of the MBU (mail box unit ... community). When I got home I opened it up and held it up to the relocated oil filter. Gonna look pretty good there. :D

Tomorrow is supposed to be 70* and sunny, so that is the day I planned to do installs. Another reason U plan to do installs, my new iPhone 11Pro Max thingie is gonna be delivered and I need to sign for it. So, figured I'd take the little buddy outside, do installs and get some fresh air.

Mom will be here tomorrow so, I might sneak off in the morning and get some seat time. Fedex doesn't get here before noon anyway.:D

...oh. Forgot to mention the I got some Vance and Hines Power Dual Headers put on last weekend :D. No more blistered right calf and they sound really nice too :D. Also, I noticed an increase in power. Very happy with these.:clapping:

I’ll have to look into buying a map update. Then I will look you up for some instructions on installing it :D.

You can only do it with an IBM machine ... I had to buy one at a pawn shop just for that. Harley does not support Mac's in their Maps.

Once you have an IBM, it's relatively easy, you need a thumb drive and the Tri infotainment must be at the latest version ... then it's follow instructions ... take like 2-2 /2 hours all told.

Installed the Outlaw Performance Oil Filter thingie.

Oil Filter.jpg

Installed an automatic Qi charger in the tour pak. I have the same one in the Jeep, when the phone is in it, and the power comes on, it locks down on the phone.

Squish.jpg

Mounted the GoPro mount (went back to my old one, the one I made with the hump to go over the phone mount was too tall, the GoPro hit the windshield.

Drink Holder.jpg

Also put the wind splitter back on, the F4 was nice, but, the windspliter stops wind from the sides with the wings.

Windshield.jpg

Alan, for the remote oil filter did you use braided hose? I am looking into that now.

Thanks

No, I went with the rubber hose. I may use some 1" PVC that I'll heat with a heat gun and clamp between two 2x4's ... It will make it oval, then run the hoses through it to minimize chaffing, not sure I need to do that, but having the rubber under the trike so close to the ground makes me a bit nervous ... I've got lots of pic left over from pools, so if it takes me a couple tries no biggie.

I also have some 1" irrigation black pipe the would work well too ... it's a when it gets a little warmer project. :D

I tried the braided lines with an air breather o my 15 and didn't like it because it was a pain to get mounted where it didn't touch anything. That stuff will flat rub off some powder coat. Might have just been me, but, I wasn't fond of it.

New 12" rise handlebars and grips added

Had the 12" KST Mayhem Bagger handlebars and some new grips installed. Only have 1000 miles of riding on my trike but knew I had to change out the stock bars to something higher to help with the back ache between the shoulder blades I was getting when riding for a few hours. I like the way they flow with the batwing lines and sure help with a much more upright posture for riding. One of our local HD dealers is running a $99 per hour labor and 20% off parts to get business so helped them out by getting the bars changed out and new grips. They have to cut off the left grip so a replacement is needed. Usually they have some stock grips laying around and just give you one and in many cases the bike owner doesn't know that the grip has been changed out with another stock grip. I like the new grips, simple lines and have black and chrome look (polished aluminum) to go with the looks of the trike. I followed add pictures instructions and they came out sideways so I'm missing something.

5AFE3D0C-D200-4BE3-81A3-A15193358878.jpeg

BFDAE720-4F2A-407D-9C18-6B2D4221965A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I went with the rubber hose. I may use some 1" PVC that I'll heat with a heat gun and clamp between two 2x4's ... It will make it oval, then run the hoses through it to minimize chaffing, not sure I need to do that, but having the rubber under the trike so close to the ground makes me a bit nervous ... I've got lots of pic left over from pools, so if it takes me a couple tries no biggie.

I also have some 1" irrigation black pipe the would work well too ... it's a when it gets a little warmer project. :D

I tried the braided lines with an air breather o my 15 and didn't like it because it was a pain to get mounted where it didn't touch anything. That stuff will flat rub off some powder coat. Might have just been me, but, I wasn't fond of it.

Alan,

You have the hose running up high, next to the frame rails right? At least one of them should be above the crossmembers that run between the two frame rails.

I have one between the bottom of the engine and above the frame rails (above the crossmembers) and the other running along side the parking brake cable, right next to the outside of the frame rails. Never had a problem.

That said, it never hurts to be extra careful and proceed with your PVC idea, I've never needed that, and you've seen some of the crazy places/"roads" I've ridden.

Kevin

Ok, just ordered 2” tank lift with deluxe option and cooling deflector wings for my birthday present to myself, which is tomorrow, can’t wait to get. Next on the list is the 606 air cleaner and external breather kit.

You're gonna love the air deflectors and tank lift. When you adjust the air deflectors, make sure the side wings on the faring don't hit them when you swing the bars all the way right to left. If they don't hit when you go stop to stop, and don't hit the lower faring, they almost have to be angled to cool the motor ... :D

Alan,

You have the hose running up high, next to the frame rails right? At least one of them should be above the crossmembers that run between the two frame rails.

I have one between the bottom of the engine and above the frame rails (above the crossmembers) and the other running along side the parking brake cable, right next to the outside of the frame rails. Never had a problem.

That said, it never hurts to be extra careful and proceed with your PVC idea, I've never needed that, and you've seen some of the crazy places/"roads" I've ridden.

Kevin

I have both of them inside the cross member and tied up really well, I bought some 1/2" wide zip ties, put one on each side of the cross member so they stayed away from the engine heat ... I don't think I will need to do the pvc, but, I might make them incase ... :D ... I will check them when I do the 2K service (check trans fluid level, tire pressures, etc).

Why you all are still changing oil , wax on wax off , inflating tires , replacing batteries, wind screen height issues , stuff you should be done with months ago ,

Went out and beat the be Jesus out of my tri . :clapping: Music in my ear and hand on the throttle all done by my self ..... Known as road therapy.

Why you all are still changing oil , wax on wax off , inflating tires , replacing batteries, wind screen height issues , stuff you should be done with months ago ,

Went out and beat the be Jesus out of my tri . :clapping: Music in my ear and hand on the throttle all done by my self ..... Known as road therapy.

ME TO did the same thing Saturday and sunday 550 miles brought me food water pay at the pump talked to nobody !!! Beat the piss out of my new stage 3

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png