What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Well, engine and temp lights came on in Little River just as we were leaving North Myrtle before Ian. Called two dealers for info and as I thought, water pump. Two techs said safe to drive the 8 miles about 20 minutes to Harley Shop @ the Beach. They took my trike right in and replaced with the new updated water pump system. Took about 3 hrs. $900.

Thanks to Chuck, Travis, and Emillio.

Does anyone have the Harley Extended Service plan or the Power Rev Program? Your thoughts?

Well, engine and temp lights came on in Little River just as we were leaving North Myrtle before Ian. Called two dealers for info and as I thought, water pump. Two techs said safe to drive the 8 miles about 20 minutes to Harley Shop @ the Beach. They took my trike right in and replaced with the new updated water pump system. Took about 3 hrs. $900.

Thanks to Chuck, Travis, and Emillio.

Does anyone have the Harley Extended Service plan or the Power Rev Program? Your thoughts?

I agree with Jack check out Jim Palmer. Both my bikes have extended warranty from him at 1/2 the cost of the dealership. I also bought tire n wheel on the TriGlide and had to use it recently . New Orleans streets are terrible ! No problem - new tire 50.00 deductible as agreed

Trunk lock woe

Well today I was out doing some shopping and locked the trunk for the first time since I’ve had the TG. After trying to unlock it the whole damn thing came out in my hand! I guess A trip to the dealer is happening this week!

Well today I was out doing some shopping and locked the trunk for the first time since I’ve had the TG. After trying to unlock it the whole damn thing came out in my hand! I guess A trip to the dealer is happening this week!

Only once did i lock the trunk in my Triglide...And that was back in 2011...It took me a half hour to open it...It was a very cold day and i was parked in the street in front of my Doctors office and my leather jacket was in there..Since then i never lock them..

Be sides if someone brakes those Micky Mouse locks ' It will cost more in money 'time and ''Aggravation'' then what it will cost to replace what might be stolen..

The bike has been sitting for over 3 weeks while we were away, we have to keep after the chrome to keep it from pitting being so close to the Gulf with the salt air so it was chrome day. A couple of hours and a few nicked up knuckles was worth it.

pQP7LuBr_o.jpg

UWWxmSM1_o.jpg

I agree with Jack check out Jim Palmer. Both my bikes have extended warranty from him at 1/2 the cost of the dealership. I also bought tire n wheel on the TriGlide and had to use it recently . New Orleans streets are terrible ! No problem - new tire 50.00 deductible as agreed

The wife and I will be down there this weekend for a few days. Got a nice Air BNB in the Garden District. We have a family wedding on Sunday.

10k service switched to 80/140 gear oil in primary n tranny, adjusted bars n mirrors, got lights fixed, a custom dynamics part had failed, they replaced it with no problems, got a spare fob and had it programmed . Good to go for a while now

Last edited:
Nice trip with new toolbox

Changed oil on the trike after 10 days up to Lead SD with wife this time. She booted me out of the house last year. Told me I had to leave for 3 days because she was having a bible study with the girls, I told her that wouldn't work I needed a week. So, I went there last year came back and told her we had to go back because I didn't have my camera person behind me. And to make more room I created an 11x11x6 aluminum diamond plate toolbox to fit between the mufflers. All by hand and thought that someday I could show you Keven, I not to tech savvy so it might take me awhile to get a pic on this site. Going to have to ask the wife. As for the trip SHE LOVED IT. Oh that was going from Shueyville IA. to Lead SD.

Well when we went to start out this Morn from Amarillo, the Boom told me i needed to replace the FOB battery !!! Got in to Grants NM for the nite & replaced with a spare I got some time ago. So not too bad for over 2 yrs old. Best part it TOLD me it was needed. Unlike yrs ago it would just quit..:Dorag:

Well when we went to start out this Morn from Amarillo, the Boom told me i needed to replace the FOB battery !!! Got in to Grants NM for the nite & replaced with a spare I got some time ago. So not too bad for over 2 yrs old. Best part it TOLD me it was needed. Unlike yrs ago it would just quit..:Dorag:

I really like that feature. I thought it was just a Freewheeler thing. :p

Relocate oil filter

I received the DK oil filter kit accouple weeks ago. Put on my 2017 Tri Glide. Took accouple hours (I'm slow). I would have liked to see some pictures on the instructions. I did put the hoses on the part that replaces the filter, before I installed It. Looks good and alot less messy next oil change.

Changed the rear turn signal wiring harness. Finally found one after waiting close to a year. WOW! Also while the wheels were off and jacked up I took a turn out of each Pro Action 14” shock I want to see if it drastically softens the ride. Adding a dual track motohorn set up now to see how that works out. Will report back.

Moto horn dual track final install. I like it and looks pretty good. Sounds great. Like a older car loud. I shortened the wires a bit as it made it easier to tuck behind the horns

Attachments

• 2F7EB50E-5EE9-4E23-B565-B44802930638.jpg
    2F7EB50E-5EE9-4E23-B565-B44802930638.jpg
    931.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 6FC8472E-ACA0-48CC-A3B2-C23CD4912461.jpg
    6FC8472E-ACA0-48CC-A3B2-C23CD4912461.jpg
    950.9 KB · Views: 25
  • A16155F9-1F98-4E39-AB47-CFD372013EF9.jpg
    A16155F9-1F98-4E39-AB47-CFD372013EF9.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
Looked at it.

I'm in AZ for some riding, but instead of being able to ride, I am waiting for surgery this next week for a kidney stone that is to large to pass. (14mm x 8mm)

It is sitting right outside the door, begging to be ridden.

Kurt did ride it 30 or 40 miles the other day for me.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png