What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

My wife and I went on an 86 mile ride a week ago, and we both couldn't wait to get home and get off of it. So I decided to try one more thing and see how much difference it makes.

I kept saying that I'm not putting another dime into this trike since I hate riding it, but I softened up my position a little. It's silly to have something this expensive just sitting in the garage.

I ordered the DK Customs Convertible Comfort Lift today. I'm really hoping that it makes a noticeable difference. *Fingers Crossed*

My wife and I went on an 86 mile ride a week ago, and we both couldn't wait to get home and get off of it. So I decided to try one more thing and see how much difference it makes.

I kept saying that I'm not putting another dime into this trike since I hate riding it, but I softened up my position a little. It's silly to have something this expensive just sitting in the garage.

I ordered the DK Customs Convertible Comfort Lift today. I'm really hoping that it makes a noticeable difference. *Fingers Crossed*

Got to change out the shocks to get the bang for the buck.

Shocks etc.

kwkride, what exactly is it you really don't like about the trike? Is it the steering, the ride is too rough, the heat or something else. The comfort lift alone will help make the steering a little easier but it will not make it a LOT easier. As for the ride quality the stock air shocks are awful and that is why you see so many people going to the 13 or 14 inch coil shock setup. The comfort lift with the DK adjustable 14 inch shock kit will help a lot, but even then you might still have to fine tune them a little.

kwkride, what exactly is it you really don't like about the trike?

It is painful to me. If I ride it more than about 50 miles, I have pain in my shoulders and back (sometimes hips too). If I go 100 miles, it's almost crippling pain. For my wife it's just the spine jolting bumps unless she holds herself up off the seat.

By comparison, my FJR1300 is all day comfortable (solo), and the suspension just soaks up the bumps.

The Tri Glide is a 2014 with stock suspension. 50lbs in the air shocks, 36 psi in the front tire, and 22 psi in the rear tires. I have changed the bars to Khrome Werks 2+2 narrow sweepers. I have changed the seat to the Mustang Deluxe Touring Seat.

I have seen the great reviews for the lift with the 14 inch shocks. I just don't want to put another $1,000 into this trike and "hope" that I'll be comfortable riding it after that.

It is painful to me. If I ride it more than about 50 miles, I have pain in my shoulders and back (sometimes hips too). If I go 100 miles, it's almost crippling pain. For my wife it's just the spine jolting bumps unless she holds herself up off the seat.

By comparison, my FJR1300 is all day comfortable (solo), and the suspension just soaks up the bumps.

The Tri Glide is a 2014 with stock suspension. 50lbs in the air shocks, 36 psi in the front tire, and 22 psi in the rear tires. I have changed the bars to Khrome Werks 2+2 narrow sweepers. I have changed the seat to the Mustang Deluxe Touring Seat.

I have seen the great reviews for the lift with the 14 inch shocks. I just don't want to put another $1,000 into this trike and "hope" that I'll be comfortable riding it after that.

NO wonder it's rough.. 50 in the shocks !!!!>>>>wow.

The owners manual states "Rider plus passenger - Any weight up to maximum added weight allowed* - 50 psi

We have a combined weight of 450
For what it's worth Pro Action shocks are amazing. I know they will improve the quality of the ride 1000%. What used to be routes we avoided we never give them a second thought now. Pro Actions are far and above OEM suspension. My only regret is that I didn't do it before. Ride safe Fred

Shoulder pain and neck pain

Jim , you mention the pain that’s due to not sitting straight up in the saddle. Leaning forward gives you that type of pain. Sit in the seat , close your eyes , hold your hands out in the up right position. If you can’t feel your bars then they are not long enough for you.

Yes , the 2x2 ‘s are the bars for most , but not enough pullback for others.

Sit in the seat , close your eyes , hold your hands out in the up right position. If you can’t feel your bars then they are not long enough for you.

I just tried this. My hands are just a little bit past the grips. So I’m not leaning forward to reach them. Thanks

Put the McKees 37 wheel cleaned and sealer on....Lets see how that works...On my 11 i panted the wheels black, On the 17 i clear coated them....With this one if this doesn't keep them from staining ;:Shrug:...

I was thinking about clear coating my wheels. How did the clear coat work out for you?

I was thinking about clear coating my wheels. How did the clear coat work out for you?

It worked out well.....Just a lot of work if you don't do it while the rims are still new..

I took the wheels off [Didn't dismount the tires] and polished the rims, They were in bad shape ,Coated Vaseline on the side walls so the clear coat wouldn't stick to the rubber...

3 Light coats on each wheel....Let it dry before each light coat..ThumbUp

Haven't done anything to the Tri since the new puppy came home ... including riding it (the tri, not the puppy). Did get a call late this afternoon, the security Siren is in, so I'll go get it tomorrow ... might take Kira along in the Jeep.:D She's starting to like the car seat thing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry Martin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry Martin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png