Likes Likes:  1,336
Thanks Thanks:  79
Page 238 of 243 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2426

Thread: What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Thumper
    Gold Club Member
    User ID
    FT Author
    1 Thread

Ice up ! It gets hot in there.
    2012 Triglide Piaggio MP3 500 to get groceries 1991 FLHS as back up
    "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it !"
    Tiffany, Olive, Daisy, “The Three Musketeers” together again.

5000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Klarich View Post
    IMO, bigger= more better with an oil cooler. If you find it is running too cool you can partially cover the cooler OR install a thermostat These air cooled beasts need ALL the help they can get, and Ol Shiney will last a lot longer
    I understand more oil is better and I do not plan on messing with the thermostat that is on it now. I don't expect any drastic drop in oil temps. I'm waiting till we get an 80 degree day to ride 50 or so miles and come back home and take a reading then do the swap on the larger cooler when it cools down. It will happen soon I'm sure. it was nice to see the 225 on the OEM oil cooler (cleaned and combed) I removed a pile of insects and road crud from it this past winter while working on fitting the larger cooler. thanks Jack I'm also kicking around going to Amsoil Oil your thoughts? Mobil 1 20W50 is what I have used since 2013 on the first oil change I done. ride safe Fred
    Vintage 09' Vivid Black, Boyesen X force intake, DK Customs DIY external breather, PV tuner, Mighty Mite love Jugs,Titanium Wrapped Header pipe, Khrome Werks 2+2 Wide Sweepers, DK 2" tank lift deluxe, Air Deflectors, Rear Bumper, Fender Chrome trim, Kuri. Rear lights, 9" LRS recurve flat top wind screen, LED headlight and spots, Hubcaps rear wheels

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    I understand more oil is better and I do not plan on messing with the thermostat that is on it now. I don't expect any drastic drop in oil temps. I'm waiting till we get an 80 degree day to ride 50 or so miles and come back home and take a reading then do the swap on the larger cooler when it cools down. It will happen soon I'm sure. it was nice to see the 225 on the OEM oil cooler (cleaned and combed) I removed a pile of insects and road crud from it this past winter while working on fitting the larger cooler. thanks Jack I'm also kicking around going to Amsoil Oil your thoughts? Mobil 1 20W50 is what I have used since 2013 on the first oil change I done. ride safe Fred
    Both are good oils IMO, I dunno if Amsoil is any better than Mobil 1, it wont hurt anything to try it
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 17 FREEWHEELER M8, Power Vision tuner, DK Customs Outlaw air cleaner, modified by me head breather vent with drain, Gutted stock mufflers, (RJS Originals) rear wheel discs , (RJS Originals) custom windshield lower panel, Mighty Mites Love Jugs fans by Papa Zook

5000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Klarich View Post
    Both are good oils IMO, I dunno if Amsoil is any better than Mobil 1, it wont hurt anything to try it
    I plan on installing the new cooler taking it out getting it hot and record the temps. A good friend of mine says that Amsoil oil will run cooler hard to believe so I'm going to try it. Thank you for your thoughtful advice. Travel safe Fred
    Vintage 09' Vivid Black, Boyesen X force intake, DK Customs DIY external breather, PV tuner, Mighty Mite love Jugs,Titanium Wrapped Header pipe, Khrome Werks 2+2 Wide Sweepers, DK 2" tank lift deluxe, Air Deflectors, Rear Bumper, Fender Chrome trim, Kuri. Rear lights, 9" LRS recurve flat top wind screen, LED headlight and spots, Hubcaps rear wheels

Sponsor
    TrikeTalk Sponsor
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    I plan on installing the new cooler taking it out getting it hot and record the temps. A good friend of mine says that Amsoil oil will run cooler hard to believe so I'm going to try it. Thank you for your thoughtful advice. Travel safe Fred
    Some oils definitely run cooler than others. I've never tested the difference between Mobil 1 and Amsoil...but just in case, I would wait until after you make your oil cooler change out and test before changing oils.

It would be a bummer if the temps are cooler after you changed the cooler but did not know if/how much of it was because of the cooler vs. the oil.

Kevin
    Click HERE for some New Videos & some COMIC RELIEF in this strange new world

www.DKCustom.com
    DK Custom YouTube Channel
    Call: 662-252-8828 Text: 662-420-4891
    Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

5000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by DK Custom Products View Post
    Some oils definitely run cooler than others. I've never tested the difference between Mobil 1 and Amsoil...but just in case, I would wait until after you make your oil cooler change out and test before changing oils.

It would be a bummer if the temps are cooler after you changed the cooler but did not know if/how much of it was because of the cooler vs. the oil.

Kevin
    That is my plan after all temperatures are recorded with Mobil 1. Then just may. Redo test with both coolers with Amsoil just to see the difference thank for the input.

1500+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Thumbs down Uneventful Weekend....

The whole weekend has been a washout filled with Thunderstorms, Tornado Watches and Flash Flood Warnings. Since there was no mods or maintenance that need to be done, I decided to give the trike a good washing early Friday morning to get rid of a lot of that accumulated pollen. Yesterday I gave the sheepskin cover an energetic brush and comb. Today, I brought the seat and saddle bags inside and gave them a good cleaner/conditioner treatment.

This made the weekend not a total loss.....but I would much rather have been riding.
    2016 Tri Glide Billet Silver w/Pinstripes ["Hi-Yo, Silver! Away!"]
    • "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to find fault with the rest of us." ..... James Truslow Adams
    • 2nd BN 33rd Armor "The Tiger Battalion" "1972 - 1974"

5000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Default Action Camera mount arrived

A few days ago I purchased an action camera and nothing that came with it seemed to lend itself to the Harley. So I ordered one designed for the Batwing faring. We shall see how it works as time goes on. By the way bugs are a good thing we all know what they mean. LOL

UTV Distribution Amazon marketplace. Designed and marketed by Riders made in USA to boot

DSC01696.JPGDSC01699.JPGDSC01702.JPGDSC01704.JPGDSC01705.JPG

1750+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Got in 320 miles today. About 100 along the Ohio River. Got back to 3 miles from home & rain started. Barely wet pulling into garage. Must have passed 100 bikes today ,all on the 2 lanes. Great day for a ride. 84* most of the day but we had a lot of shade on those 2 lanes.
    2020 Tahitian Teal is finally HOME

5000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Default Pool duty today

Ride tomorrow plant garden possibly Monday beautiful day today. I hope tomorrow will be as nice. Ride safe Fred/Jeanne

Page 238 of 243 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240 ... LastLast