What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Finally have some weather that is nice enough for working in the garage so I can do some "stuff"...:pepper:

1. Installed the comfort lift kit from DK Customs. Pretty simple install if you follow the instructions - ain't that always the way....:Shrug: Great quality product and can't wait to put some decent miles on to see the difference. Visually, the trike sure looks better with more clearance at the back - already had some scrapes on the ends of the pipes.

2. Modified my front air deflector from the Ultra to fit the TG. Just used a short piece of aluminum strap to extend the mounting of the deflector to clear the steering damper.
View attachment 19815

3. Bought some automotive mud flaps to modify and fit the front and rear of the TG. Was fortunate enough to find some that sort of colour matched the trike. Have had the front one on for some time now and it has really saved the oil cooler from some nasty crap on dirt roads. Cut to fit and secured to the chrome extension with stainless steel machine bolts.

View attachment 19816

4. Bought a larger version of the front mud flaps and used them to make a set for the rear of the TG. Used a strip of 1"x1/16" aluminum as a backer and 1/4" stainless steel machine bolts to secure.

View attachment 19817View attachment 19818View attachment 19819

Always great being able to do mods that look okay without spending a fortune on "OEM" stuff...ThumbUp

Cheers
Doug

First class job on the mud flaps, good work.

Finally installed my V&H Deluxe (Monster) slip-ons. Sound good !

Now to polish up the Rush slip-ons I took off and list 'em in the classifieds.

o~\o

Well Sunday, I replace the teather on the tour pack with the retractable one from Harley. I put on fender bras and a tank bra. I also installed a luggage rack on the tour pack. Last but not least I installed a lift kit from Dennis, TGlide Stuff. Whew what a day, time to ride!!!:D

Well Sunday, I replace the teather on the tour pack with the retractable one from Harley. I put on fender bras and a tank bra. I also installed a luggage rack on the tour pack. Last but not least I installed a lift kit from Dennis, TGlide Stuff. Whew what a day, time to ride!!!:D
Watch that tether closely, they tend to break easily.

Did you leave any paint showing? :D

I did the retractable tether on my 2012 TG, but due to all the concerns about it, I also installed a chain back up tether that someone had posted that they did. For $3 it was VERY heavy duty. Don't know if I can to the same on the 2014 - probably not.

Ordered the Legend Air kit for the rear and the Progressive Monotubes for the front. Now if I only had some decent brakes ...

nevtat, are you going to install these goodies yourself, if so keep us updated on how the installs went. I have the Legends kit, but haven't installed yet and have been thinking of getting something like the Progressive stuff for the front. Let us know how your TG rides & handles after the install. ThumbUp:pepper:

Finally took it out of it's winter hibernation. Gave it a lemon pledge shine, installed my RZ seat and new LRS windshield. Was about to start putting on some chrome goodies I bought over the winter, but my chest pain said "that's enough for today buddy", don't want to wind up in the hospital again. Oh yah, started it up too, man that felt good.

I had a day in the Welsh mountains, I'm sure my TG rides some of the bends faster than solo riders, seemed to be catching a lot up without trying :D

This past weekend I installed a chain back up on my'14 tour pac like I did on my previous bike.
Fabricated an aluminum bracket for the lower end then attached some screen door chain to it. Since I couldn't get to the top bracket because of the lid organizer(too last to remove it) I hooked the top end of the chain to one of the organizers pockets. Now I have complete piece of mind against the tether breaking. I even kept the chain a little shorter so the lid doesn't open as far as it did. With the luggage rack on the top, it is very heavy. ThumbUp

Also installed my "crotch cooler" and Zumo back up bracket - leaving for Rolling Thunder Thursday morning so I really need that since the Harley GPS system can't do what I want it to do....what it should do. :(

Also installed my "crotch cooler" and Zumo back up bracket - leaving for Rolling Thunder Thursday morning so I really need that since the Harley GPS system can't do what I want it to do....what it should do. :(

That is one thing I've noticed about most factory GPS's, they just don't do as well as my Garmin. The year before last when I rented that 2012 Wing which came with GPS, I wasn't impressed. Maybe had I had it long enough to learn any tricks it might have I might have thought different.

Just put on a "new" set of rear shocks by Progressive. While doing that, might as well put on some Brake Pads. Only down about 70% but what the heck. Have only 10,000 miles on them. I do use the rear brakes a lot but also the fronts.
EBC brake pads for sure.:Coffee:

Well, now I can at least be legal when my trike gets here. I took (and passed) the State safety course over the weekend. In the course, there were 3 married couples with 3 new TriGlides taking the course together. Yes, they all did pass as well, and no fighting even! Glad that is behind me now. On the way there Friday afternoon, I did stop at a Harley dealer and get the automatic garage door opener system. For testing purposes, they had a Suzuki C-50/Lehman. Not a bad machine for a small course. I also got to ride with a sidecar unit that I got to “fly” (on purpose) through the course circle and maintain the balance. My wife told me we wouldn’t ever be doing that.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png