I need some expert advice.

A .32 cal is a toy. I would assume that if you are going to point and shoot at someine you would want to kill them.

If you just want to scare them give the woman a sawed off shotgun.

I carry a Glock .40 cal.

A fine weapon is the .38 cal revolvers but buy a good brand like S&W, Ruger, Colt.

They are more reliable than an automatic. You must keep it clean and oiled and then there is always a small chance of a misfire or jam because of ammo etc.

Practice, practice practice on clearing a jam etc.,, must be learned because it will be too late if it happens when its needed.

A revolver you can just keep squeezing the trigger until something goes boom.

In any event practice is very important with any weapon, it will build confidence and develop a skill to save your life.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

I am not sure I need to kill someone. I hope I don't have to. If I have good enough aim to place 4 of the 7 in the intended target, I should have time to get away.;)

I carry a 7 shot 32Auto in my ankle holster. I know it doesn't have the power of other calibers but it is easily concealed and very light weight.

It has killed a 6 1/2 foot diamondback, several smaller moccasins, 2 armadillos, 3 possums and a rabid raccoon. And a partridge in a pair tree.:)

I used to live in Cadillac, Mi back in the 70's.

Re: I need some expert advice. (UPDATE)

Update. I found a cute little 38Sp snub nose with pink grips. ( Isn't that special.)

I guess it will be an early Christmas present for my bride:yes:

Last edited:
Re: I need some expert advice. (UPDATE)

S&W????? That's just like mine....only I don't have pink grips. Mine has pretty wood grips. She will love it, Bryan. It is a great little revolver!

Just thought someone might still be looking for a little pistol ........

Our Gander Mountain sale flyer today lists the Ruger LCP .380 on sale for $299.99.....while supplies last. Price includdes a soft case and one magazine. Extra mag available at $29.99

If you have Gander Mountain near you, it's a pretty good price from what I have seen.

Whatever you have, fit it with laser grips, just point and shoot, no iron sight aiming.
Self defense situations offer no time to line up regular sights. Just paint the red dot on the target and thats where the bullet hits, plain and simple.

This thread is most likely long dead but here goes.

Smith & Wesson brand .32 LC model #30 Revolver is by far the very best ladies handgun.
Matter of fact I carry one myself most of the time.

#1 compact ~ fits in any purse or jacket pocket
#2 reliable ~never hangs up and self cocks
#3 adjustable ~ load it will light .32 S&W to fart around with and practice
Load it with .32 long colt when you carry.
Load first hole with shot shell and you always have a snake gun or in defense mode aim first shot at the face to blind the attacker.

The glock 9mm is a good weapon, so is the SW .38. The main thing does it fit her hand. The glock is easier to shoot much less kick back. It is also very light wieght so again easier for her to handle. The small glock .40 is a good choice when she gets used to shooting.

If you were here I'd tell you to take her to the shooting range and let her try a couple. Find something she likes. One of the good things about Vegas, you can rent anything here. There is even a place that rents Trikes, Wing's, Harley's, even VWs.

Don't you people overlook the Walther PPS 9mm. I use to carry a Glock 26 in 9mm but I shelved it for my PPS which carries only 6-8 rds depending on the mag you use but it is super thin and light with almost no kick. For a thin person you can carry it in a comp-tac holster and it will not print even in shorts and a thin shirt. For the ladies it would work well in a handbag or even appendix carry. The Comp-tac holster is the key for behind the hip carry and it is so slim that you can even use it in the car and it will not cut into you like a block er a I mean a Glock. It is pricy, but I found a lightly used on on gun broker and it came with three mags for a bargen. No night sights yet, but I carry my light all the time with a spare mag in a safari land side holster. Second mag is a must!!!! Don't leave home without it. I hope this helps. BTW I do use an old 380 Keltec, pocket carry with a spare mag on the belt works best when you are not expecting any bad people to come knocking.

Thanks for all the options. I had to back out on the 38sp with pink grips.
The pawn shop wanted $350. It had rust starting around the cylinder and throughout the barrel. Seemed a little steep for me.
I'm still looking for one I can buy from an individual. The way things are going, I sure don't want it to be registered:mad:
Once again, I am not a criminal and have no warrants out for me, that I know of;)

Everybody just has something they Feeeeeeell better with.

Took my other half to the gun shop and shot everything just short of an AK ...... final choice .... kel-tec 32 ..... most time on target for her

Thanks for all the options. I had to back out on the 38sp with pink grips.
The pawn shop wanted $350. It had rust starting around the cylinder and throughout the barrel. Seemed a little steep for me.
I'm still looking for one I can buy from an individual. The way things are going, I sure don't want it to be registered:mad:
Once again, I am not a criminal and have no warrants out for me, that I know of;)

Bryan thats not what my computer check on you says.

My whole suguestion of the .32 rev was that I have over the years seen men put way too much firepower in their wife's hands and after the first shot they were "gun shy". Not enjoying learning to shoot and honeing their skills.

The .32 rev. allowes you to fire very light loads when just fooling around and learning how to handle a firearm.
Then it can be loaded with pretty good fire power when on standby.

Wife and I both carry Glock 40cal. mine is fullsize LE type. hers is a model 27. she likes the small frame but it is a hand full when shooting. recently I purchased two Ruger LCP380 pistols. We both love them for carry. easy to shoot and easy to carry. I'll never give up my Glocks. I think my wife already has.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png