Front tire

I got about 30k out of a stock Road King rear tire mounted to rotate backwards. No handling issues

On my previous trike, HD UC with Roadsmith kit, I mounted a rear tire in reverse. Great performance. I traded it after many miles and the tire looked like new. I now have a 2012 TG with less than 10K miles, the tire doesn't look so good. I guess I'll do that rear tire thing again.

I am using a rear tire (Dunlop 491 elite ll MU90B16). I got tired of changing the front tire every 10-12000 miles so I tried using a tire I had left over from one of my old Harleys. The tire had some wear on it so I don't really know what the final mileage will be but right now I have 12K miles on it and it still looks new. I figure at least another 10 to 15K miles. Very pleased so far.pepper My local Harley dealer:qpnmt: sure doesn't like the idea of running a rear tire on the front.......

Gary------ride safe

What is the actual size of the 16" Tri Glide Front Tire. Would be nice to find a Car Tire that would fit the rim. It's not like we need the radius sidewall for leaning over the trike.

When I had my Electra Glide I ran on the dark side with a Car Tire on the rear. There wasn't any appreciable difference in how the bike handled other that it had much better stopping power and better road grip. Frankly, there was a wide contact patch with the Car Tire.

I am using a rear tire (Dunlop 491 elite ll MU90B16). I got tired of changing the front tire every 10-12000 miles so I tried using a tire I had left over from one of my old Harleys. The tire had some wear on it so I don't really know what the final mileage will be but right now I have 12K miles on it and it still looks new. I figure at least another 10 to 15K miles. Very pleased so far.pepper My local Harley dealer:qpnmt: sure doesn't like the idea of running a rear tire on the front.......

Gary------ride safe

You didn't have a rubbing problem using the MU(140)90/16. The stock front tire is a MT(130)90/16?

One thing I am curious about is the rain water groves cut into the tires. On Motorcycle tires these groves are angled from center to outside with the tire rotating in the proper direction. When you reverse the rear tire these rain groves are now channeling the water back to the center of the tire. How's that been affecting the handling of the tire on wet pavement?

I am running my fifth Avon Safety Master II between two trikes in the forward direction. The size is the same as stock Dunlop. The last one got 37,500 miles on my 2011 TG. I was only getting 10,000 to 12,000 miles with the Dumlops!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png