AUX fuel tank..

My aux tank was installed during conversion of my Road Smithy. Could be costly for an install after the conversion and could be determining factor in your decision. Having said that, I sure appreciate my aux tank.

I also had a 3.4 gallon auxillary tank installed at the time of conversion, giving a total of ten gallons. The big plus is that I can continue to ride with my Gl1800 two wheel friends without having to stop and fuel before they need fuel. We usually fuel at around the 240 mile point, of course all dependent on where fuel is available.
:10::10::10:

3.4 gallon tank? That sounds like a good number, my Road Smith was a 5 gallon install, with no other options offered, but then, doesn't matter that much. Couldn't tell from your profile or avatar what brand trike you ride.

Bikerbillone

Goldwing 1800 with 2013 CSC Viper

If you go to the CSC site there's a PDF showing the specifically moulded tank that fits within the frame during the course of the installation. The CSC fuel system is gravity fed, others on the market utilize a fuel pump. My research at the time revealed some folks were experiencing fuel pump problems which created a rather costly repair.

Auxillary tanks are pricey enough on their own without contemplating some potential for service costs down the road.

Oh yes, from what I understood when doing my research, others had two tanks to fill, where the CSC ties into the GL 1800 main tank. The fuel gauge functions normally, and considers the added fuel volume.

If there's a downside, it takes a little longer to fill the tank as it siphons fuel between the two tanks.

:GL1800::GL1800::GL1800::10::10::10:

While a little late in joining in on this discussion, I will also sing the benefits of having had the Aux tank installed on my Hannigan. On my '01' Motor Trike, I did not have that, and while out west back in 2011 I was running on fumes a couple of times. I have really enjoyed this feature a great deal now with the new Trike. Happy I went with it.

Re: AUX fuel tank

Wheels. This is off the subject but were looking for the builder of your wheel chair lift. Where did you get it.
While a little late in joining in on this discussion, I will also sing the benefits of having had the Aux tank installed on my Hannigan. On my '01' Motor Trike, I did not have that, and while out west back in 2011 I was running on fumes a couple of times. I have really enjoyed this feature a great deal now with the new Trike. Happy I went with it.

Hi all, just a note... Roadsmith offers a 5-gallon auxiliary fuel tank for GL1500 and GL1800 Gold Wings (no Harley-Davidsons at this time). The tank sits under the body of the trike, fills from a separate opening on the left fender and pumps fuel into the main tank on demand with a dash mounted switch. It can be used while underway and provides the ultimate peace of mind during those long stretches of highway, especially out west!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png