Triking trike kit & new to this site

Nov 13, 2013
kearney mo usa
Just bought this Honda trike last November and wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their "TRIKING" kit having too low ground clearance. I already put progressive springs in and that helped but still would like a little more clearance. I heard about raked front ends with extensions and would like to get tallest to gain the clearance. Does anyone have any advice. Thanks

Welcome to Trike Talk from SE Missouri. Glad you found us and post often. What kind of trike kit do you have? Is it the body of the trike that is too low or the exhaust giving you trouble?

Hello Ed and welcome to the website from theU.P. of Michigan. This is the first time I have seen anyone have a problem with clearance. I know that I have never hit anything with the underside of my trike, including speed bumps. Is this something that the new trikes are having trouble with?

Welcome to TT from SW Nevada. I also am new to TT, (joined the other day)
My wife recently purchased a TriKing converted '98 GW 1500. She has never been on a trike before, but wanted more stability over a 2 wheeler. I also am looking at the low ground clearance, but from the exhaust pipe's to the tail pipe's !!!! The rest of the frame lifts adequately when the key is turned on and the air bags fill. I have been emailing the TriKing home website in Florida,(the distributor listed in Colorado is no longer active). They have been giving me limited info and I am frustrated with talking to them.
The TriKing does not come with a rake kit, hers doesn't anyway. My research shows that a rake kit will not lift the bike, but will improve the steering and handling enormously. (She does not have much upper body strength, and she has given up on fighting/riding the trike until that improves) So I am investing in a 4.5 degree rake kit. (from Zooks...naturally...:)....)
Good luck. Please advise what you find out about your TriKing kit)
Pelican

I am still waiting for my trike kit so don't know a whole lot about trikes. My dealer that will be building the trike said that if you get the "Ground effects" package, that it will take an inch or two from my ground clearance. So if you have that package on the trike, you might see if that will help by taking it off. I think it all will depend on the kit manufacture and your air ride level.
But what do I know??? I don't even have my trike yet!!! I can't wait!!!

Just bought this Honda trike last November and wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their "TRIKING" kit having too low ground clearance. I already put progressive springs in and that helped but still would like a little more clearance. I heard about raked front ends with extensions and would like to get tallest to gain the clearance. Does anyone have any advice. Thanks

Welcome to the Forum
I have a TriKing kit installed on a 1990 Goldwing SE. I am saving my money so I can put Zook's rake kit on it. My conversion was done in Illinois back in 2006. It has about 35K on it since it was converted.The only problem I have had was the axel seals in the rear end going out and TriKing didn't have records from then as to which rear axel they used. TIP find out what axel they are using and make a note of it.
As to the ride height the previous owner said they got it a little higher by changing the ALS sensing system, but he didn't say how as he had a trike shop in Salt Lake City do it. It is higher now but I still can't get my Harbour Frieght lift under it so I lift the rear end with a floor jack 1st then slip the HF jack under to lift the whole thing.

Rake kit like the one Zook sells will take care of your wife's upper body problem. See if you can find one of our members in your area whose trike is raked. If they will allow it she can test it and feel the difference.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png