Affordable Bike Act

Fusionfool

Rider
Jun 17, 2013
West Central WI
I found this on another site and had to share.

Without further ado, I forward to you the" Affordable Bike (MX) Act":

The U.S. government has just passed a new law called: "The Affordable Bike Act" declaring that every citizen MUST purchase a new motocross bike, by April 2014. These "affordable" bikes will cost an average of $10,000-$15,000 each. (Mini’s from 50cc-105cc will be charged the same price as the 125cc-200cc bikes) This does not include taxes, trailers, assembly fees, licensing and registration fees, fuel, riding gear and track fees, maintenance or repair costs.

This law has been passed, because until now, typically only wealthy and financially responsible people have been able to purchase motocross bikes. This new law ensures that every American can now have an "affordable" bike of their own, because everyone is entitled to a new bike. If you purchase your bike before the end of the year, you will receive a "free" helmet and riding gear; not including monthly usage fees.

In order to make sure everyone purchases an affordable bike, the costs of owning a bike will increase on average of 250-400% per year. This way, wealthy people will pay more for something that other people don't want or can't afford to maintain. But to be fair, people who can't afford to maintain their bike will be regularly fined, and children (under the age of 26) can use their parent's bikes to race or ride on until they turn 27; then must purchase their own bike.

If you already have a bike, you can keep yours (just kidding; no you can't). If you don't want or don't need a bike, you are required to buy one anyhow. If you refuse to buy one or can't afford one, you will be regularly fined $800 until you purchase one. Fine can be withheld from your tax returns.

Failure to use your new bike will also result in fines. People living in the desert, ghettos, inner cities or areas with no access to motocross tracks or trails are not exempt. Age, motion sickness, experience, knowledge, nor lack of desire are not acceptable excuses for not using your bike.

A government review board (that doesn't know the difference between a CRF450R, XR650R, YingLing or TRX ) will decide everything, including; when, where, how often and for what purposes you can use your bike along with how many people can ride your bike when your not, and determine if one is too old or smart enough to be able to use their bike. They will also decide if your bike has outlived its usefulness, or if you must purchase specific accessories (like a $1500.00 titanium exhaust), or a newer and more expensive bike. Those who can afford full on race bikes from reputable performance shops like; Pro Circuit, JGR or FMF will be required to do so...it's only fair. The government will also decide where and when you will be allowed to race your bike. Failure to comply with these rules will result in fines and possible imprisonment. Government officials are exempt from this new law. If they want a bike, they and their families can obtain bikes free, at the expense of taxpayers. Unions, bankers and mega companies with large political affiliations are also exempt at this time.

* Affordable bike act bill # c71.1157 amendment.
- It has come to our attention that 2 stroke motocross bike are less expensive and simpler to run and maintain. For this above reason 2 stroke bike will NOT qualify for the affordable bike act bill.

I'll follow that law, as long as they make one amendment. They "must" add to the list of qualified bikes the new 2014 Indian Chiefs and state that all roads can now be under the Motocross category, lol. ;)

,,,and lets not forget that it will cost the government an estimated one trillion two hundred million dollars over five years , can you imagine how many bikes have to be sold to justify that many zeros ,,,what a crock of s&&t we have making these decisions ..:Shrug::Shrug:

,,,and lets not forget that it will cost the government an estimated one trillion two hundred million dollars over five years , can you imagine how many bikes have to be sold to justify that many zeros ,,,what a crock of s&&t we have making these decisions ..:Shrug::Shrug:

I wondered where all those gov dollars came from... :Shrug: (duh) ;)

Hmmmm I don't see where this Affordable Bike Act pays for my contraceptives..!!! That is not good...!! Since I had a vasectomy 35 years ago, and I am 59 and Wife is 53, and got the no more babies operation 35 years ago, we need someone to pay for our contraceptives!!! This is discrimination!!! Period!!!! :)

You must like it better the way it is now. Everytime some one without a bike goes to the ER (Emergency Ride), YOU get to pay their bill. They NEVER pay anything towards their bike. You get to pay THEIR riding expenses AND yours.

Sounds good to me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png