New member from Australia.

Welcome to Trike Talk from Central VA.

I'm sure the other BMW members will chime in soon with plenty of information for you. ThumbUp

My trike is a 2009 LT with the Hannigan conversion. I think you'll find that 99% of BMW trikers have this mod on their K1200 bike.

I did meet one triker on the road that had a DFT mod and I think he did the install himself.

Hannigan makes a really solid trike body for a big bike like the LT. It's well balanced, is equipped with IRS, torsion bar suspension, and is a very good looking chassis.

There is a dealer in Japan that could do the conversion for you. Don't know how much of a hassle that would be for you to get it there and back, but other than bringing your bike to the USA for the mod, that's the way to go unless you can buy a Hannigan kit somewhere and do the mod yourself.

Either way, good luck to you and hope you enjoy many miles on one of the best bikes ever built.

Welcome, spitfire. Our friend has a BMW 1200 with a Hannigan conversion and loves it. Looks great, too. Glad you found TrikeTalk - have fun, post often. :wave4:

ThumbUpA huge welcome to trike talk to the member from down under, from a member up over!

ThumbUpThere is a world of info on this forum as well as friendly folks to help you access it.

One thing that may help in your quest for knowledge, there is a box at the top of the forum that allows you type in a subject and pull up different posts and threads,:Shrug:
:cool:They answer allot of questions for you so you can ask more enlightened specific questions if you have them?

wolf8.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png