How to bleed the brakes?

There is one bleed port on each rear wheel and two on each side on the front. If you have a mighty vac, it is a one man operation, otherwise have someone pump the brakes while you bleed. Same as you would on a car.

There is one bleed port on each rear wheel and two on each side on the front. If you have a mighty vac, it is a one man operation,

In my personal opinion, a mighty vac, vacula, or etc are good for doing your initial bleed. BUT, from personal experience, it's ALWAYS best to do a final bleed manually (someone pushing down on the pedal while you open the bleeder to force air from the system). Power assisted bleeders can pull air from around the threads of the bleeder and not fully escape air from the actual braking system. I've had this happen myself, and seen it happen countless times. Brakes are one place where in my opinion, it's simply not worth taking any chances on.

Location of bleed ports: On the front, if you look at the caliper from the side, you will see two small hex fittings, one pointing down, one pointing up. Same on both sides. On the rear, it needs to be on ramps to see them. Look on the back of each caliper, there is one bleed port on each one, they are larger ports than the front, about 5/16 I think. When I get to my PC later I will send a picture.

Location of bleed ports: On the front, if you look at the caliper from the side, you will see two small hex fittings, one pointing down, one pointing up. Same on both sides. On the rear, it needs to be on ramps to see them. Look on the back of each caliper, there is one bleed port on each one, they are larger ports than the front, about 5/16 I think. When I get to my PC later I will send a picture.

Thanks again trikervet. That would be awesome.

Felt like I should add to this. There are 2 bleeders on each of the front calipers; HOWEVER, you ONLY BLEED the one in the top position. TBMS uses a caliper that's "universal" to each side; that's why it has 2 bleeders, so the air is always at the top for bleeding purposes. If you bleed the lower bleeder screw, you will probably suck air into the caliper instead of expelling the air.

Can someone here please tell me where the stupid battery is located on my 2008 stallion, I haven't started it all winter because of medical problems and went down to tried to start it this morning after getting to feeling a little better and nothing happened turn the key and there were nothing no noise or anything, and no lights at all so now I'm going to have to try and get it out and charge it some how. Thanks In Advance.

William

It's just in front of the left rear wheel under the body panel. Easiest way to get to it to replace is by removing the wheel. If you're just trying to get a charger on it, you could probably reach it without removing the wheel. I've replaced batteries in worse places before, but not exactly "easy access" either. This is probably why so many of them have remote terminals installed.

Thank you, what is a remote terminal and how do I install it?

Thanks!
William

It's just in front of the left rear wheel under the body panel. Easiest way to get to it to replace is by removing the wheel. If you're just trying to get a charger on it, you could probably reach it without removing the wheel. I've replaced batteries in worse places before, but not exactly "easy access" either. This is probably why so many of them have remote terminals installed.

William there is a posting on a HOW to do on that subject in the Stallion Forum. Might have to search a little. It just running some cables off the battery to the trunk area so you can charge or jump by opening the trunk instead of having to go to the battery.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png