LED tail lights

2013 TriGlide. Considering LED brake lights. Radiantz are $139 each and Badasslights are $199. Is there much of a difference between the two. It seems radiantz pulse patterns cannot be adjusted but how about the brightness difference?

Thanks

I will use nothing but Hyper-Lites on my bikes. I had a guy in a car follow me into a Gander Mountain parking lot just to find out where I got them.
And the prices are waaaaay lower then these others lights. My set cost me $69. I'm thinking on installing 2 sets on my new TG.

I recommend them with the highest authority. pepper pepper pepper

A week ago I purchased the H-D LED tail lights because it's too cold to install the Hyper-Lites until spring. I could not find the plugs to plug in the module so I brought it back to the dealer. Service manager said I'll put it on for you(free-believe it or not). He did but he said I didn't need the module on the '14 TG. The only thing different will be the flash indicators will flash faster then the actual tail lights. I said I don't care how fast they flash as long as there is no other problems. He said there will be none.
Well, he was wrong - the indicators do not automatically shut off, so the module must be required.
It's going to be interesting to see how he hooks up the module since, like I said, there is no plugs to plug it into.

GARYD, I put LED front turn signals on my 2014 TriGlide and the LED lights worked great, but the flasher on the dash was very fast. When I installed the Harley LED tail-lights it fixed the flasher and now everything works as normal. Around the same time I installed a battery tender and had to unhook the battery for a few minutes. You may want to try disconnecting the battery because I can't remember if that solved the flasher issue or if installing the LED tails-lights did!!

I will use nothing but Hyper-Lites on my bikes. I had a guy in a car follow me into a Gander Mountain parking lot just to find out where I got them.
And the prices are waaaaay lower then these others lights. My set cost me $69. I'm thinking on installing 2 sets on my new TG.

A week ago I purchased the H-D LED tail lights because it's too cold to install the Hyper-Lites until spring. I could not find the plugs to plug in the module so I brought it back to the dealer. Service manager said I'll put it on for you(free-believe it or not). He did but he said I didn't need the module on the '14 TG. The only thing different will be the flash indicators will flash faster then the actual tail lights. I said I don't care how fast they flash as long as there is no other problems. He said there will be none.
Well, he was wrong - the indicators do not automatically shut off, so the module must be required.
It's going to be interesting to see how he hooks up the module since, like I said, there is no plugs to plug it into.

I believe it messes with the secuirty system thus causing the lights to hyper flash..had the same problem with mine until the load equalizer was installed.

trikermutha, thanks, I'll let my dealer know that. ThumbUp

Jim, did you install the module?

Hey one last thing make sure they plug the module in before the tail light inverter under the seat or they will not work correctly either..

i really not sure about the lights you guys are talking about but i switched out my 1056 tail light bulbs to LED replacements, no rewiring just put them in. i was going thru to many 1056's and since putting the LED's in i have not replaced one since. i bought them on e-bay for about $5.00 each and i think they were 18 leds each and are brighter than the originals.

Now there's a decision. Some people say they had to install a module and some say they didn't.
They are all LED's so shouldn't it be the same type of install???

I've always heard that LED's needed some kind of module in order to replace a standard light.

Need some professional enlightenment here. ThumbUp :D

captdanwh, do you ride with the brakes on??? :laugh:
I think in 40 years of riding - cars and bikes, I maybe have replaced 5 light bulbs. I can't believe I'm that lucky.

Now there's a decision. Some people say they had to install a module and some say they didn't.

I've always heard that LED's needed some kind of module in order to replace a standard light.

I think in 40 years of riding - cars and bikes, I maybe have replaced 5 light bulbs. I can't believe I'm that lucky.

It is weird Gary...Every light on my TG is LED, plus several additional lights added beyond stock, with no module installed, and everything works perfectly. I asked my favorite tech about the modules, and he said he has never installed one in any bike that he did electrical mods on and has never seen or heard a problem.

The module is for the turn signal flasher when LEDs lights are installed in place of the filament bulbs. The module is a resistor to keep the turn signal flasher working at the required interval flash correctly

Have LED turn signals and taillights from Ride Time Tech. Also have tour pac turn signals and brake lights and LEDs in the tour pac lights. Didn't need any modules.

LED tail light kit install,

I have the same problem, I've spent a least 3 hrs. looking for those plugs, just wondering if your dealer found a solution.

Dealer said "Canbus (2014/15) will learn LEDs and adjust flash rate. Just install, hook-up battery tender, and put on the emergency flashers for 5 minutes or so." Looking at doing the custom dynamics front turn signals on mine. My plug & play rear Radiantz LED strobe tail lamps worked perfectly out of the box.

Bob :Dorag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png