Tablet for "Flight Recorder"

Aug 3, 2013
CedarRapids,Iowa USA
I did a TTS tuner on my 110 Trike a couple weeks ago and am awaiting spring to take advantage of the "Flight Recorder". In the spring I am planning on a trip to D. C. and was figuring on purchasing a tablet so I don't need to drag my lap top along. I read through a bunch of posts from guys that used a tablet for Flight Recorder rather than a lap top. Figured I might as well buy something that will work with TTS. Does it need to be Windows based and I am guessing it will need a USB port? How many days until spring? Thanks, Bear

yes it will need to be windows based and have a USB.. I thought the flight recorder will do away with the laptop/tablet unless you want to see things while you are driving.. I used a Dell tablet from there business outet store and worked fine..

yes it will need to be windows based and have a USB.. I thought the flight recorder will do away with the laptop/tablet unless you want to see things while you are driving.. I used a Dell tablet from there business outet store and worked fine..

During football games on Thursday, I drug out the hundred and some pages I printed off for the TTS manual and reread everything. I am a lot clearer on some stuff including flight recorder. I received a "heads up" from a friend from work that knew I was wanting to buy a Windows tablet and let me know he was buying a Microsoft Surface from the Microsoft Store on sale. I went ahead and ordered me one also. Even if I don't need it for TTS, I won't need to haul my 17" Dell laptop on vacation next year.

You won't be able to use flight recorder and monitor the info on a tablet (at the same time). I am contemplating mounting my iPad to the bars so I can actually monitor while riding as I want to.

Re: Tablet for "Flight Recorder"

You won't be able to use flight recorder and monitor the info on a tablet (at the same time). I am contemplating mounting my iPad to the bars so I can actually monitor while riding as I want to.

I mounted on the handlerbars..Hope your tablet locks the screen..Also unless you it pretty hard to see in the day light ..It canbe seen but a bit challenged.

- - - Updated - - -

During football games on Thursday, I drug out the hundred and some pages I printed off for the TTS manual and reread everything. I am a lot clearer on some stuff including flight recorder. I received a "heads up" from a friend from work that knew I was wanting to buy a Windows tablet and let me know he was buying a Microsoft Surface from the Microsoft Store on sale. I went ahead and ordered me one also. Even if I don't need it for TTS, I won't need to haul my 17" Dell laptop on vacation next year.

its nice not having to lug the laptop around..I did that too..just left the lpatop in the truck and turned off all the screen saver setting etc..That option worked fine too..Hope you tablet has a USB??And a way to lock the screen.

I mounted on the handlerbars..Hope your tablet locks the screen..Also unless you it pretty hard to see in the day light ..It canbe seen but a bit challenged.

- - - Updated - - -

its nice not having to lug the laptop around..I did that too..just left the lpatop in the truck and turned off all the screen saver setting etc..That option worked fine too..Hope you tablet has a USB??And a way to lock the screen.
Yes on the USB port (one reason why I ordered it), not sure on locking the screen, haven't got my mitts on yet. UPS web site says Friday.

Yes on the USB port (one reason why I ordered it), not sure on locking the screen, haven't got my mitts on yet. UPS web site says Friday.

well good luck..have you found a tablet holder with the handlebar mount yet?? or you waiting for the tablet to arrive?

well good luck..have you found a tablet holder with the handlebar mount yet?? or you waiting for the tablet to arrive?

UPS website says it won't deliver until Friday. Got the day off for a doctor appointment so I will be staring out the window all day waiting for the big brown truck (same color as the 110th ?).

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png