TrikeTalk Northeast 2014 Rally Registration

Rte. 100 or most any road are not very busy so that you'll be in traffic any length of time. Coming from your area I'd take rte. 22 in NY till I hit rte. 7 turn east at the VT. border you get on rte. 9 east, 25ish miles to Rte. 100 north 5 miles to w. Dover.

We went up Rt 8 all the way to Rt 100 and it wasn't that bad. The only area that is congested is from Dalton/Pittsfield up through Adams and North Adams in spots. If you are coming in from the east on Rt 100, you might run into the paving work as according to the map that is one area where work is being done.

To all who are registered for the NE TT rally:
Could you let me know if you are planning to attend the Sat. dinner at the GGI.
Those who are staying at locations other than the GGI can attend and will be charged for the dinner at their registration.

Carina asked if I could give her an approximate number, this would help her in planning.

Thank you
Tom

Tom, it's not set in stone, but of the 71 registered, 64 indicated they would be attending the group meal.

To all who are registered for the NE TT rally:
Could you let me know if you are planning to attend the Sat. dinner at the GGI.
Those who are staying at locations other than the GGI can attend and will be charged for the dinner at their registration.

Carina asked if I could give her an approximate number, this would help her in planning.

Thank you
Tom

Tom - we are at an "unrelated" place a mile or so south. I had been planning to visit the GGI desk and pay up, during one of our "schmoozing" visits with all the folks at GGI. There will be (2) of us - although I "lose" on the deal since my eating ability is about $2 worth... :D :laugh: Perhaps Barbara's "ability" will make up the difference... :Shrug: :D :laugh:

If you remember the breakfast area was were it was because 2 young boys decided to set off the sprinkler and destroyed the real breakfast are. This can happen at any venue. The pool area ( indoor pool area ) could have been used and there is a banquet room at that motel as well. Sorry no one was pleased with the area. I tried. I am sure we will do better this year.
We had a great time last year John. Not having that room available was a small inconvenience. It's all about the people. We were meeting everyone for the first time and they treated us like we were old friends. You did a great job and the rides were fantastic. As a brand new trike driver at the time, you kept the pace easy to follow. After going on many benefit rides this year and seeing how crazy most rides are, I can appreciate it even more. Great job.

Thanks Brian I appreciate that. I don't know who is leading any of the rides this year?

As far as group rides go, I don't think a group ride with everyone is a good idea. There is too much of a difference in riding styles, abilities , when and at what time they want to leave, how far to go, of the people coming to our ralley. last year I saw 3 cases where people trying to stay caught up with the pack make wide corners that if cars were in the other lane would have resulted in a accident. Smaller groups would make things easier. The roads we'll be on are country road, narrow to say the least, no place for pulling over if the group gets separated. I've got 25 maps that I'll give out and will answer any ??? on the area. Its a great riding area to just wander around.

Make up your own groups are the way to go, and GGI has maps for different rides you could choose from. I attached one here that may help.View attachment 21617

Ok Tom, what is all this talk about food? Are you keeping secrets from me again? Or did you tell me and I forgot? Anyway, if I can get any info from Tom, Sherry and I will attend, whatever is on the menu, hopefully there will be good choices like ground hog and skunk.

See y'all soon!

Bill, I did not tell you anything because you would probably forget or get lost and make a "U" turn. The Sat. dinner is a BBQ, ribs, chicken etc. I will put in a request special for you skunk, raccoon, otter, rattlesnake, weeds etc.
You will be happy one of the rides visits a Harley dealer and breweries.
Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Back up to 71 people, can I hear 75.
2 days to go.
Tom

GGI Room Now Available

Some issues have come up and Letty and I won't be able to attend the rally this year. I just called Karina and cancelled my room reservation so there should be an open room unless GGI keeps a waiting list.

We had a great tie last year with plans to attend this year but life has a way of changing your plans for you. As far as I know now, no one from our club will be attending this year due to relocations for various reasons, broken trikes, health reasons, etc. We do hope y'all have a great time. Maybe next year. Ken.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png