Trike Hauler

Apr 24, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
Here's a nice trailer I put together for under $1,500!

I found a CarryOn 6'x10' high side that I bought from Lowes for about $1,200. The high side (24" with steel mesh) has a bit longer ramp and heavy 2"x6" PT wood plank floor. This model also has an a-frame tongue with 2" hitch and an unusual combination of both leaf springs and TorFlex axle which provides a cushioned ride for the trike.

The inside deck is actually about 74" width and accommodates my HD/CSC, which has a bit wider and longer wheelbase than most.

I bought a 7'x30" sheet of polished diamond plate for $96 and cut filler panels for the front to deflect the road spray and stones and give the trailer a sharp look. I also added a $149 Gorilla Lift system (the yellow tubes on top of the side rails) that allows one-handed lowering and raising of the gate. That 6' gate is very heavy, even for me, and now my wife can put it up and down with ease.

I pulled the trailer from PA to SC and back with the trike loaded and with its 15" wheels, it rides and tracks like a dream at 70-80 mph with no problems.

I do raise the front a bit above level to avoid bottoming when loading, but I don’t have to use blocks or planks and in fact don't even have to disconnect from the truck.

I will eventually switch to a lower profile tire (with chrome wheels, of course) which will lower the bed enough to eliminate the bottoming all together.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png