quiet as a Honda

Oct 22, 2012
Marietta Ga.
I've had my 2013 T/G now for a year, it is so quiet it sounds like a Honda:D.
What is a step up [muffler] that won't get me run out of town but does make a little more noise then these wimp stock ones?...I have heard some very nice ones on the road but have never had a chance to talk to anyone about them, what is their name and how much do they cost to have them installed?
Thanks for any advice.

I left stock mufflers on and put V&H power dual headers on. The V&H do NOT have the catalitic converter, so that adds some more noise. A friend removed his cat and that added some noise.

Others might have a different opinion but I put the V&H "stuff" on my 2013 Tri-Glide because I wanted the extra ground clearance the V&H Tri-Glide deluxe slip on offered. These mufflers are designed exclusively for the Tri-Glide and according to V&H customer service they sound like the Monster Duals. Don't know if they do or not but I like the way they look and sound. Not too loud, but loud enough so it sounds like a Harley. Don't have a lift kit yet on my bike but that is coming.

Vance & Hines Tri-Glide Deluxe Slip On 599.95
Vance & Hines Power Duals 549.95
Vance & Hines Trike Adapter Kit 84.95

Others might have a different opinion but I put the V&H "stuff" on my 2013 Tri-Glide because I wanted the extra ground clearance the V&H Tri-Glide deluxe slip on offered. These mufflers are designed exclusively for the Tri-Glide and according to V&H customer service they sound like the Monster Duals. Don't know if they do or not but I like the way they look and sound. Not too loud, but loud enough so it sounds like a Harley. Don't have a lift kit yet on my bike but that is coming.

I have the same setup on my 11TG. Plus I have the V&H Duke Air Cleaner. It's a great overall setup. Couldn't be happier with the sound and performance of the bike. Well worth the investment

What is a step up [muffler] that won't get me run out of town but does make a little more noise then these wimp stock ones?...I have heard some very nice ones on the road but have never had a chance to talk to anyone about them, what is their name and how much do they cost to have them installed?
Thanks for any advice.

I took out the CAT & put the V&H Monster rounds on. You can't beat the deep note & if they aren't loud enough you can take out the packing around the baffle for a lot more. I still have the fiberglass on the baffle & love the sound ! They get louder from new as the packing burns a little.
The ovals are the same basic muffler, just shaped different. Also the ones that are made for the Trike sound the same. If they aren't loud enough just take the baffle out or modify it to your taste. One thing to consider, if you are going to pull a trailer you don't want something too loud. It will come back at ya !pepper

There's no way in the world you can say a stock Harley is as quiet as a Honda.
The only thing quieter then a Honda is an electric bike or a little kids tricycle. :D

I absolutely love the stock sound of my '14 TG. As long as I can hear it - it's loud enough.
I did instal the H-D Fatshotz slipons on my '12 TG along with A/C and tuner - in order to lower the temps. They were just a little louder then stock and the best looking on the market.
I'm at that age where I want to hear my music and not a boring monotonous exhaust for 6 or 8 hours a day.
Not going to replace the stock '14 pipes. Best sounding "stock" mufflers yet.....in my opinion. ThumbUp

Or take a hammer and a piece of rebar and open up the baffle in the stock mufflers. FREE and the more you open them the louder they get so you can adjust the noise. ThumbUp

May I suggest de-cat your stock headers. Keep the stock mufflers. see if you like that tone. Add a high flow air cleaner and a tuner and you will be good to go. Give it a try. I did my friends that way and he loves it.

Or take a hammer and a piece of rebar and open up the baffle in the stock mufflers. FREE and the more you open them the louder they get so you can adjust the noise. ThumbUp

I put the V&H header on. I had hoped to put a pair of V&H mufflers from a friend on the trike but they were for a softail. I recently had surgery on my foot and the hospital bills keep rolling in. New mufflers are delayed. Before I put the stock mufflers back on, I took my long chisel and opened the <1/16" gaps in the restrictor, to more than 1/4". Haven't had the trike out of the shed yet, but it sounds a little beefier.

Thanks for any advice.

You could never get any harley to be as quiet as a honda Because HARLEYS are made to sound like there going to BLOW UP !!!! piston slap , cam chest with lose rattling parts ,rocker arms & push rods that just dont jive,compesator, primary chain & adjusters that are 111 year old tecnology ???? IM sorry you were talking about the xhaust take a bar & a ax & beat the baffles out of the mufflers THEN YOU CAN NOT HEAR THE MOTOR NOISE :xzqxz:

You could never get any harley to be as quiet as a honda Because HARLEYS are made to sound like there going to BLOW UP !!!! piston slap , cam chest with lose rattling parts ,rocker arms & push rods that just dont jive,compesator, primary chain & adjusters that are 111 year old tecnology ???? IM sorry you were talking about the xhaust take a bar & a ax & beat the baffles out of the mufflers THEN YOU CAN NOT HEAR THE MOTOR NOISE :xzqxz:

Yep and that is why we love them. Always loved the sound of machinery. All that going on is music to ears topped off with a nice set of pipes! These are not machines for people who like to ride vacuum sweepers.:Trike1:

rap47 ThumbUp

but = too loud is still too loud. I don't mind a nice exuberant thumping sound of a Harley - I don't like the sound of straight pipes etc., never have never will.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png