Gander Mountain

Papa Zook

Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
We just had a Gander Mountain open here and I'm not believing the guns and ammo inventory they have!
Its about 5X what Academy stocks and 10X what Dick's stocks.

I go to Gander Mountain in Terre Haute, In. and Evansville, In. Yes they have a lot of ammo, but I still can't get any .22's. They never have any in stock when I'm there.:gah:

• Admin
I go to Gander Mountain in Terre Haute, In. and Evansville, In. Yes they have a lot of ammo, but I still can't get any .22's. They never have any in stock when I'm there.:gah:

Same thing here. The ammo scalpers buy them all up and resell them on one of a dozen area Facebook gun & ammo groups. Gander Mountain had a sale on buckets of 1400pc 22cal bullets this past Saturday and there was a line at the door at 4:00 AM I'm told. Two buckets per customer limit and the 80 buckets they had sold out as soon as the doors opened at 6AM.

Midway USA currently has pre-panic prices on 1400 count buckets of Remington 22 long rifle hollowpoints, but you have to order it off their website on back-order status. They will guarantee to fill your order at the $62.99 price.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?newcategorydimensionid=10115&cm_vc=653PopCat

Gander does have a pretty good selection, just bought a Savage chambered in 17 HMR, was happy they had ammo for it also.

Was in Frisco over the weekend. Went to Gander Mountain in Lewisville, huge store, they had lots of ammo and a lot of 22 ammo, first I have seen in a long time. They had the bucket of 1400 rounds on sale Sat but it was all gone in 10 minutes, we didn't get any of it. I wouldn't stand in line 4 hours for a whole pickup load of it. We got some in Frisco at Academy, 100 Winchester for 6.99 and 100 CCI for 7.49 and we got about 800 rounds. Also went to Cabela's in Allen, now that is a huge store too, great selection of guns. Got my grandson a Marlin model 60 to learn with, was he ever excited. New indoor shooting range in Frisco, can't hardly wait to go back now.

Sorry, didn't have time to go to Gander Mountain. Had to buy wife a Christmas present. You know what comes first. But I did stop at a small gun shop on the way home. Didn't have any .22's (should have come yesterday). I did pick up a box of Hornaday Zombie .45's.

I agree that GM's prices are generally higher unless it is having a sale on the item you want to buy. I.E. I wanted a Liberty Fat Boy Jr. 48-gun safe also sold by GM as GM Fat Boy Jr. 48-gun safe.

Liberty dealer regular price $1100.00 plus sales tax delivered and installed (bolted to floor) at my home and price included a light kit

GM regular price $1299.99 plus tax and $125.00 plus tax for delivery and $25.00 plus tax to install (bolt to floor) and $12.95 plus tax for light kit.

Note: GM is now selling the safe under the Liberty name.

I bought from the Liberty dealer.

We have Gander Mountain,Dick's,Acadamedy in Opelika.To get any 22 amo I think you have to help unload the truck.

I think I only bought 1 gun from Gander Mt. I've bought all my other guns/ammo at Cabelas - far better prices then GM, Dicks, BassPro.
Indys have good prices on 223 but they are steel case and none of the ranges around here will let you use them.

We just had a GM open recently. I couldn't wait to go check them out. The inventory on guns is rather large but the prices are ridiculous! A Dan Wesson Valor $2500 and you can buy on line for $1700. I left quickly and haven't been back. The rest of the store had either low inventory or it was way over built.

We have a Cabelas opening here on the 21st this mo. Guess it will be first come first severed. Only about 7 miles from me, maybe I'll get lucky. :Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png