anyone here know anything about mini cooper s

Aug 30, 2012
Brisbane Australia
i often look at cars for sale in the USA, and as an ex collector of old school minis, have a look to see whats on offer... the funny thing is there are always so called mini cooper s for sale, and all of them are fake. some go to huge detail to prove theirs is a cooper s when clearly to a trained eye they are not even good tributes. they are asking top dollar for average fakes. i have yet to see a single cooper s that is a cooper s. note i am not talking about the new mini owned by BMW. i mean the old round nose type that was made from 1959 to about 2003.

Why fake it?? Well if you ever drove a true "S" you would understand. Kind of like driving a great handling 2 seater roadster but it's still in it's box! They were very quick and nimble...

My mistake, it's an 02 not an 03. Anyway, the battery died so yesterday after it finally warmed above zero I decided to put in a new one. Why would anyone design a car with electric locks and no other way to open the hatch? The manual says there is a pull cord under the rear seat but we could find none. I was just about to bust out the rear window when the wife was able to crawl in the back to get the battery out. And you fault me for calling it a POS? :gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png