Finally Got the Trunk Lid Replaced

lgjhn

200+ Posts
Jun 15, 2013
SW Louisiana
I triked my '06 Wing back in August of this year utilizing a Roadsmith conversion.
My wife and I haven't been on it all that much but have managed about 800 miles since the conversion was done. Back in October, we finished about about a 150-mile ride and I raced into the house to use the bathroom while my wife emptied out the trunk of our jackets and stuff as it was pretty cool when we left out in that morning. When I came out to help, she looked shocked and white-faced. She said, the trunk lid is about to fall off the trike!!! I went out and looked. Sure enough, the left-side hinge was completely broken out of the trunk lid bottom lip. I could see where there had been an old crack and a feeble attempt to repair it with some epoxy and a thin piece of rusted steel. I took some pics of it all and shot them off to the conversion shop. They got me a new lid and painted it to match. Over the Thanksgiving weekend, they swapped it out for me. It looked like someone at the factory had done this repair and it didn't hold up. Anyway, they swapped it out and all is good....so far. I guess they sent the old lid went back to Roadsmith.

So someone (factory or installer) screwed up the hinge, tried to fix it then hide it from the customer. Not my idea of taking care of him.

I guess I'll split the hair: I'm gratified that the problem was taken care of by the conversion shop and Roadsmith. How's that? Better? :Shrug:

I guess I'll split the hair: I'm gratified that the problem was taken care of by the conversion shop and Roadsmith. How's that? Better? :Shrug:
Yes the problem was taken care of. But we disagree on splitting hairs. My Roadsmith conversion cost me $16K and I sure don't want a repaired hinge on my brand new trike. To me it was underhanded the way it was handled at first. They should have done the right thing up front and not made the customer get his brand new trike fixed.:NoJoke:

The Captain, I have not been referring to the original problem, only expressing my pleasure in the OP getting the trouble taken care of. I agree, it sucks that this even happened, and should not have been passed on to the customer in the first place. Are we OK, now? :gah:

Rick, appears to me that YOU are quite OK.
Seemed pretty obvious what you said and intended. To me anyways :Shrug:

Cap'n,,, Is YOUR Hinge/Lid "messed up"???

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png