As we used to say when I lived in the UP...

Feb 18, 2008
Anderson, Missouri
Hyvää Joulua!

No, not a cat on the keyboard, that is Merry Christmas in Finnish. Lots of Finnish can be heard in the UP, especially in the Copper Country. Now if only I had a pasty and a sauna...

Merry Christmas to you & yours Ozarkryder ThumbUp
Silent Night here in W. KY too. Kids and Momma all snug in their beds.
Me,,, lost a filling out of upper right Molar and Dentist closed till Friday.
Maybe Santa will bring Novocain and Home Root Canal Kit :D

Ho Ho OUCH! ;)

Merry Christmas to you & yours Ozarkryder ThumbUp
Silent Night here in W. KY too. Kids and Momma all snug in their beds.
Me,,, lost a filling out of upper right Molar and Dentist closed till Friday.
Maybe Santa will bring Novocain and Home Root Canal Kit :D

Ho Ho OUCH! ;)

I know the feeling, sucks to lose a filling. Last time I did I found one of those temp filling kits at the drug store and resorted to self help until I could get into the dentist. He sure was pissed when he had to clean it out, his tough luck for making me wait to get in.

Definitely a Bummer but hey,,, It's Christmas and could be a ton worse. Sharing a Wonderful Day with Family. That and Benzocane countering the pain fine.
No NovaCare or Home Root Canal kit from Santa though... ;)
No Coal either so all Cool :D

Merry Christmas Mike ThumbUp

Hyvää Joulua!

No, not a cat on the keyboard, that is Merry Christmas in Finnish. Lots of Finnish can be heard in the UP, especially in the Copper Country. Now if only I had a pasty and a sauna...

Hyvää Joulua to you too.

What and/or where is "UP", I Google mapped it and all I got was locations of auto repair shops!?:xzqxz:
Also, Copper Country is a store is Tucson, AZ?!

Hyvää Joulua to you too.

What and/or where is "UP", I Google mapped it and all I got was locations of auto repair shops!?
Also, Copper Country is a store is Tucson, AZ?!

My guess is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

We have family in the UPPER pronounced "You per" kind of make it sound like one word, for those who have never been there. We get up there yearly and see a couple of the cutest little girls you will ever see. My two granddaughters of course Olivia 8 and Rachael 3.
Merry Christmas and s Happy New Year to all on the forum.
Kent

It's kind of like the Netherlands, Holland and Dutch. The upper penninsula is part of the state of Michigan, it is called the U.P. , and the people are Yoopers. Where I was living they called tourists from the south "Trolls" because they lived below the bridge. "Northeren Michigan" referres to the northern 1/4 or so of the lower penninsula, unless a person is referring to Northern Michigan University in Marquette, which is not in "Northern Michigan", it is in the U.P. Oh, to muddy things up even more, there is a band from the UP called "Da Yoopers" that sometimes go south to play in northern Michigan.

Holy Wah, dat's enuff a dat. Hope you'se had a good Crissmas and have a Happy Noo Year, eh!

Yoopers. Some of the friendliest people I have run across in my travels. Taking the scenic route to Sturgis one year through Canada. Back in to US in UP. Problems with old HD. Found a part time shop to fix. Problems with ol' lady.lets say involving me doing CPR on empty roadside until a sheriff passed by. After hospital, mechanic put us up for night.
As far as novacaine, tequila is a good substitute.

We ride the U.P. summer on the trike and winter on the snowmobiles.
You can't be seen up there without your Cromer and Swampers.
We ride out of Munising and Mohawk.
Been snowmobiling out of Mohawk since 1978-79 (Year of the Big Snow as proven by the totem pole in Calumet).
I have the Da Yoopers cd's and always play "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer" every Christmas for our grandkids.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png