My new wheels

Hi Guys;

Just wanted to let you know of my first experience with Triketalk; I posted a request for some information on buying some new rear wheels for my Champion FLHTCUI trike which I ride back home in England. Within a few hours of posting my first thread I had a response from Nana; aka Lesley offering me her own wheels - brand new and unused for the princley sum of $0. This has got to be a wind up thought I; nobody can be that friendly and generous. Over the past few weeks I've spoken to Lesley by email several times and I feel like I've gotten to know her well even though I've never met her.

I'm currently over in the US; in Northport, Florida at my vacation home for a month and loving every second of it. I come over twice a year and normally manage to get my vacation to coincide with the Daytona bike weeks. I've just returned from a magnificent few days at Biketoberfest where I drooled at the wonderful creations which were on display; how I longed for my own trike to ride up and down Main Street on - alas it's 4,000 miles away in my garage. For all those bikers and trikers who managed to get to Biketoberfest; thanks for making it a great weekend enjoyed by thousands. I'll be there again in March for the big one and looking forward to it already.

Back to my wheels - They arrived by post from Lesley as promised and they are perfect; all I have to do now is to fit them into my suitcases when I have to return across the Atlantic in November. I have a new front wheel and various other pieces of Harley Davidson to fit in as well which I bought whilst over here. No doubt the UK Customs will demand a few answers when I get back to Manchester.

To Lesley - I thank you so much; you are a diamond lady and one to be treasured. I look forward to meeting you in person one day. To the rest of Triketalk - What a great forum this is; I'm so pleased I found it.

Kind regards
Gareth Edwards

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
Oh my goodness! I don't know what to say!!! Thank you, Gareth, for your kind words.

Oh now U have done it... She is going to be very hard to get along with now..;) and I really don't know how she is going to ride that trike and keep the halo on????? Good thing her Mini cooper is not a convertiable :D
I guess we need to enlarge the picture at the top of the page now!!!!
But that is our "Nana"

Hey guys - I'm gettin a bit overwhelmed with US generosity and spares - Barbara; one of the things I just bought this trip was a new 7" windshield; I teated myself to a posh mirrored and engraved one with LED's fitted (D'ya think it's a bit girly) but many thanks anyway; I really appreciate it.

Many thanks to all who responded - Nana certainly has many friends

UK-G

As I read this thread it struck me just how many exceptionally fine people call this board home. Nana's caring and compassionate ways have certainly made this forum what it is. A great one!......OK..group hug over. :Flag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png