K1600 GTL Trike Armrests

Dec 30, 2013
Dandridge, TN.
Has anyone installed the BMW armrests on a K1600GTL with a Hannigan trike conversion? Is there sufficient clearance between the armrest fixture and the fiberglass body? Was install difficult?

WOW!!!! Took a look at these arm rests to see if I could answer your question.
Never got further than the ridiculous(IMO) price of $537.00
Then you most also buy arm rest mounting parts @ $20.75 + Armrest Upholstery Set - BMW K1600GTL - by BMW @ $ $57.50 + Passenger Armrest Cover Set - BMW K1600GTL - by BMW @ $103.95
That is unbelievable:xzqxz:

Yes, seems expensive but is less than 1.5% of what this trike has cost so far, and if it makes the wife happy, Would be well worth it to me. Her comfort, and the bikes performance, being the reason I purchased the BMW. Just wanting to be reassured that installing it won't require modifying the fiberglass body in anyway before making the purchase.

Those will work fine on the Trike. Nick's BMW installed some on a K16 GTL Trike they did.
The Trike Owner, goes by BasilFawlty here, can tell you more about it. He posted about putting them on in the "BMW Trike Pics" Thread.

Love that Victory color on your K16. Really "Pops" ThumbUp

Those will work fine on the Trike. Nick's BMW installed some on a K16 GTL Trike they did.
The Trike Owner, goes by BasilFawlty here, can tell you more about it. He posted about putting them on in the "BMW Trike Pics" Thread.

Thanks for your posting, answered all my questions, looks like a go ahead on the armrests.

Glad to help.
Is that one of those Wide Conversion Kits on your Trike?
Yes. Always riding the twisty roads, often in the mountains. Need that wide front footprint to keep us on the road. IMO best option available for any trike that doesn't have a wide footprint up front.
Previously had a Can Am Spyder with 2 up front, stuck like glue, but have sworn off BRP products because of dealers refusal to perform warranty work on it, (manufacturing defect) and BRP not offering any workable solution, so repaired it myself and sold it.
Also just looks much more balanced with those wide rear tires, and much longer front tire life. As far as I know Hannigan is the only trike company to offer this, as well as being the only real conversion made for the K1600.

WOW!!!! Took a look at these arm rests to see if I could answer your question. Never got further than the ridiculous(IMO) price of $537.00
<snipped> That is unbelievable:xzqxz:

Only because you are not familiar with the $130.00 Genuine BMW plastic drink holder that snapped on the bars on the LT.

works perfect, was afraid I had to modify but they fitted just perfect.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png