tank lift kit

Mar 5, 2013
Hutchinson KS
Has any one installed a tank lift kit on there trike.
I just ordered the 2 1/2" with a 1/2" kit today.
Any feed back be great and i let ever one know how mine looks fits and how the install went

Big Red and Chris

Hi Big Red,
I installed one on on my TG last Spring. Very easy to install and looks good.:D I made my own by using a 3/4" hard rubber bushing from lowes on the rear of the tank and making a 1 1/2" link for the front from a pice of aluminum that I had in the shop.

It makes it a lot easier to clean the rear cylinder and by theory it should cool things down a lot.
pepper
Gary
054 (480x640).jpg055 (480x640).jpg057 (480x640).jpg060 (480x640).jpg

Last edited:
Bought the two inch lift and deluxe option. Looks good shows a lot more of the rockers. Not really sure of the cost though, seemed kinda high. Almost fifty bucks for a few bolts and nuts, and two extenders and spacers, didn't need to use the fuel line. I'll get a better feel for them when it gets warmer and I can get out for a ride, and see how the seat conforms to me. I've got 12 inch handlebars and found no clearance issues at all. Curious to see how the fuel guage difference will affect me.

What drink holders do you use - if any?? The one I have just barely misses the stock height tank when turned all the way over. Does it effect the front tang on the seat?
I haven't heard about this before and was wondering the purpose.

Just installed a 1 1/2 inch kit with rear deluxe option last night. High as I dared go with my bars. Subtle, but very nice change/look with the mild lift. Got out for a ride and I thought the bike "felt" better under me. Probably because I am 6'5 and the tank was in a better position between my long legs. BTW its a Gladiator kit on a FLH Police, but maybe the pic helps.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texoak51

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texoak51
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png