rim fire anyone?

Sep 24, 2012
Mico, TX.
The ammo shortage has made folks horders and price gougers here in Texas. Or is it the other way around? Anyway, I have grown fond of shooting rimfire. I have a 22LR Remington 597 in an AR15 costume that is fun to shoot but the 22LR isn't really all that accurate... I found the 17HMR. My first one was a Savage with laminated thumbhole stock and then I got the jones for a CZ455 with laminated thumbhole stock. The 17HMR can do sub 1" groups at 100 yards. I have an inexpensive Barska 6.5-20x50 as the eyes are not what they used to be and I don't need a spotting scope at 100 yards. Loads of fun to shoot as the round is still flat at 100 yards and wind doesn't seem to drift it much. The 17HMR is a lot more fun to target shoot than a 22LR round. My rifle has a short bull barrel and I eventually would like to replace it with long barrel for better accuracy.CZ455.jpg

Yeah the humble .22lr is a lot of fun for a no fuss cheap option :D

I have a 1986 BRNO Mod 2 and a Rem 597, the semi gets used more for busting bunnies and possums but the BRNO is just an awesome .22

Nice One George ThumbUp
Looks to be Suppressor threaded? Put the Cash into one of those instead of longer Bull-Barrel and get double the Fun.

real nice looking rifle. in Fl.you can buy almost any caliber ammo except 22lr and certain handgun calibers. i do not know what the problem is or how to fix it as this is just another way for our gov't officials to get back at us for wanting to defend ourselves and not depend on them doing it for us.

Thats a nice looking rifle.
I picked up a Savage 93 in 17 hmr, haven't had chance to get it sighted in yet. I'm looking forward to punching some paper, squirrels, crows, ground hog, coyotes, skunks or any other kind of varmint.

.17HMR uses high quality components and isn't as cheap as 22LR. Bullets are all Hornaday regardless of who loads them. Check ammo prices at: http://ammoseek.com/ammo/17hmr - right now about a quarter a round. The 17HMR is well over 3000 fps and feels much different than 22LR shooting.

I had a 93 in 17HMR. The Savage was really accurate but had feed problems. I got rid of it for that reasons and moved to a Savage. The feed problem issue is widely discussed on the rimfire and savage websites and you can fix it fairly easily I guess. I traded a pistol I didn't like at a gunshow and sold it.

leftside.jpg

Not much difference in looks between the 93 and the CZ.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png