Howdy from Turkey!

Oct 26, 2009
Currently stationed in Turkey, working at the US Embassy in Ankara. Don't currently have a trike, but I'm planning on building one.

I've found that the streets here are very slick - even when bone dry (I can easily do a burnout - on my bicycle.... :eek: ). With this in mind, I'm very hesitant to ride two-wheelers here (have seen several accidents already).

I'll start a new thread with my musings and concept drawings in the "Other Trikes" section, but figured I should say hi first.

Hi!

:D

Re: Howdy fron Turkey!

Hey there Michael, Welcome to our fun triker family!!!!! And thank you so much for your service in Turkey and wherever else you have been on our behalf! You will love a trike. The steering is different than on two wheels--not worse once you are used to it, but different. Most of us have found that everything else about three wheels is SUCH a bonus, and you already figured out one big area is that you don't have to worry about the road surface nearly as much. Moisture, gravel, uneven surfaces....no problem. Do keep us posted on your progress (pictures too).

Welcome Michael! Work at the American Embassy huh? That sounds like an interesting job. Do the Turks hate us now too??

Thanks all! The Turks don't necessarily hate us, though they really don't want to work with us much any more. The current administration here is somewhat anti-secular, so the general atmosphere is moving back towards fundamentalism - not a good thing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png