Can't keep up

Jan 3, 2009
United States
Went on a group ride this past weekend. Couple hundred miles though the N. Georgia mountains. Leaves were turning, cool but comfortable weather and plenty of sunshine.

We had several bikes/friends that went but it seems that I'm the only one besides a GPS that know the roads from about any angle to get to different points of interest so I get to take the POSE out front of the herd.

One of our closest friends didn't have his passenger's back rest so his wife rode with me, all planned so that's fine. I've been a road captain many times so I know the rules and let everyone understand the most important rule. If you don't see headlights behind you then slow down and wait on them. The front riders will do the same. It's a simple rule but a safe one and the sweep rider will send a txt to the captain if there's trouble so we don't get far away.

The only problem is that in the mountain twisties the trike was leaving everyone behind. I've known these guys for years and some of them can out ride me without breaking a sweat. I wasn't going fast but kept it steady.

Never more than 5 or 10 over the posted speed limit, again the key word.. "steady".

My passenger kept asking me why I kept slowing down, she was having a blast. It was a simple answer... two wheels can't keep up!!

Yes.. yes.. bashing two wheels can be great fun sometimes, paying the price later with your friends can be brutal though. :D:D

Just thought I would share.

Last edited:
i know what u mean when i lead that same thing happens i go a steady speed and the 2 wheelers even some of the three wheelers :blush:are way behind they bitch at me because they think i'm speeding but i'm not
and these guys can out ride me any day of the week!

Great story, Wizard! I'll bet your buddy got teased by his wife (your passenger) later too. You are going to be very popular :D LOL!

But doesn't that just sound like a beautiful route!!! What a wonderful weekend you had.

Going to have a new video up on our Video area. The 17 bikes I road with. Some how my computer wont take the camera footage thru the USB . one guy mad a comment . " never so so may trikes in one spot. 100 bikes 3 trikes. I had a guy run over to me and say he just got his endorsement and wants to get one of these . Wait till he gets the $$ amount . Everyone thinks they are like $6,000 .....:p

I had to listen to all the comments on our ride out west. I had to stop every few miles to make sure nobody had broke down. My wife kept asking me why everyone is going so slow? I was trying to maintain a steady pace through the mountains but had to stop every 5 miles. I felt like I was going to slow to start with.

I listened to the excuses like: We could have a rock slide. Or a Buffalo might run out in front of us. A crotch rocket might want to pass. We had a great time but I was always about 10 mph slower than I like to ride:(

I guess they thought that since I was the oldest and on a trike, we had to putt? They were sadly mistaken:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jersey Mike

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jersey Mike
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png