If Honda was to build a trike

One of the technologies I think Honda might incorporate into the trike would be the magnetorheological shock absorber for better ride control. Much like the Cadillac and Audi have.

Our "Hondabago"trike already has those items,so it would have to be something new.Maybe an extending porch or similar.hehe

How about making it double as a bass boat?ThumbUp

- - - Updated - - -

One of the technologies I think Honda might incorporate into the trike would be the magnetorheological shock absorber for better ride control. Much like the Cadillac and Audi have.

jungle book- mowglee and banna.jpg HUH?

I think Honda would start off with one of their smaller bikes, To keep the cost down and get new people in with a sport type bike and then if they sell 'then go to larger bike's.. That's how Can-Am did it, Worked for them...

If Honda were to build a trike I would like to see the following improvements or additions:
1). Love the engine not the transmission. Have as an option a 6 speed DCT transmission with an actual mechanical reverse We'll call it "The Gold Wingmatic Transmission."
2). Wider front tire that wont wear out after 5k miles.
3). 10 gallon fuel tank.
4). Linked braking system w/ABS, VSC and so on.
5). Powered window, better NAV and stereo, Digital dash combined with analog gages. Look at BMW 1600 bike.
6). Last but least, 5 year unlimited mileage factory warranty.

Feb. 5, 2014

I don't think Honda will be building a GW trike in the near future. They would have to see a large market for trikes before they would do so. I don't know how many trikes are out there and what percentage of the motorcycle market belongs to the trikes. I had a 2011 CanAm RTS/SE5 and loved it. If Honda wanted to give a choice of auto or manual shift, the Techtronic system that CanAm uses was excellent. A real reverse gear like the CanAm would also be great. An electric windshield would also add to the goodies list. As far as a 6th gear goes, I am sure it would be useful and couldn't hurt. Anything that drops the RPM's is good.
As far as the price for this trike goes, I couldn't imagine how much that would be. If you consider the Harley Tri-Glide which can run about $35,000-$40,000, I am sure the Honda would be right up there and possibly more. Who knows. As for now it seems as though everyone has to upgrade their cycles to trikes with the aftermarket. I do know that Suzuki makes some trikes with Lehman and they come already set up. Another thing to consider is who will warranty the cycle part and who will warranty the trike section. Obviously if it comes from the factory, the company will warranty everything.

Gordon

Attachments

• 100_3502.jpg
    100_3502.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Actually I am surprised that Honda hasn't offered a trike yet on a Goldwing platform. If there are enough buyers for Harley and Bombardier to jump in why not Honda. They have taken bigger risks in the past. I would like to see traction control,ABS brakes and a much better front fork design if they stick with the two wheel rear config. I would think that they would as they could get a rear end cheap from the car division. I think the Goldwing transmission sucks. Improve the standard and offer an automatic. As pointed out in another thread there are already excellent automatic clutches available so why not for the GW. 6 gears would be nice.

Cost, well the Spyder is under $30,000 for 2014 even with the engine/transmission upgrades. I feel that both the Harley and the Goldwing are overpriced and that a reasonably equipped trike should be able to be brought in for around $30,000.

I'd love to see a wing "reverse trike" (2 up front) set up like an MP-3 ao you could actually lean through the curves! One of the 400 or 500 cc MP-3's will give a sportbike running Fits on a curvy road-how cool would it be to have an 1800 Wing with that kind of traction/cornering??

I personally think the reason Honda will never build a trike is that they would have a really hard time competing with all the great looking kits out there. they would have to have something totally different and i do not think that is possible and keep it within a bikers budget. the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't try to fix it, so why should they even try if they are doing well now.

Actually I am surprised that Honda hasn't offered a trike yet on a Goldwing platform. If there are enough buyers for Harley and Bombardier to jump in why not Honda.

It would be nice to see one, but I think Mother Honda is still licking her wounds from the last time they made a Trike...

Have to agree! Too bad as I would love to see them make a factory reversed trike!

I personally think Honda is missing the trike market as the baby boomers are buying a lot of trikes now
and would love a factory trike.
The wife and I are now on our 3dr trike and maybe next year will add one more to the stable. Can AM has
really listened to their customers and came up with a real winner for 2014 with the RTS.
They are starting to sell like crazy and reaching a lot of new riders, also Harley is making big improvements
with the tri glide and from what I've seen they are selling good. The big problem we ran into when we were
looking for a new trike was with the Honda Goldwing you had to buy the bike then find someone to install
the trike kit or find a dealer that did both, in either case it was very expensive and then the warranty issue
with a built trike verses a factory built trike. That's why we went with the Spyder, $28,000.00 out the door
with 4 year warranty!
Wow, they are great trikes!
Toby

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png