Fuel Moto 107 Decisions????

Mar 22, 2012
Manchester, NH
It's that time of year again when cabin fever is starting to get to me and I find myself contemplating new mods. I told myself when I got the trike that I would no longer be concerned with performance, that I got it just to enjoy cruising around.

I've been thinking of the following choices:

1. Level B heads and TW555 cams.

2. 107 full bore kit and using stock heads.

3. Both choices 1 and 2.

4. Considering the TW222 cam as well.

Just trying to figure out the best bang for the buck. I know there is no replacement for displacement. To my untrained eye there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in the dyno charts between my choices. I very rarely ride over 3500 and usually use 4000 as my shift point.

Let the debate begin......

You know..... If you only go with step #1, you will always wonder if you should have gone all the way.

If you already have it opened up to do the cams and heads, you're 3/4 of the way there.

I enjoy the feel of acceleration. Once at speed on the highway I settle down to around 3000 rpm. On the back roads, generally around 2500-2800.

I wouldn't do a 107" for the cylinder walls are bored very thin and you will not get the longevity out of the engine you expect. If your gonna pop the heads and do a larger bore, I would suggest going to a 113" or 117" and get the full engine treatment. Or buy a S&S 124LC engine and sell off the 103" to recoup some funds.

If your gonna keep the engine work to just the FM type setup I would suggest the S&S has a 106" kit that I think has better cylinders and pistons with the 551C cams.

Another suggestion would be to go .10 or .20 over on your current 103" cylinders with new forged pistons and some head work to improve the flow along with a cam set that pulls a 2 wheel bike into the 110-113 torque range and call it a day.

Although I have a 2013 Trike w/120r Crate motor with some additional minor upgrades from the OEM 120r and am extremely happy with the performance, a good riding buddy has a 2013 Anniversary Trike and he went with the Fuel Moto upgrades which included the TW222 cams, ceramic power duals, Reinhardt Slip-ons, Fuel Moto high performance A/C, SE Adj Push Rods, and the Dynojet Power Vision Tuner with the Auto Tune module. The bike dynoed out at 95hp and 112tq with these mods. Very good performance down low, as the intake valve closes at 34 degrees (I believe) which makes this a low to mid-range cam. The advantage is that he was able to stay with the OEM valve springs and not messing with the OEM compression ratio.

I would highly recommend contacting either Bryon or Jamie at Fuel Moto and discuss you riding habits and see what they have to say as a package deal. Great people to work with. If I am not mistaken, Jamie (Owner) worked with Bob Woods to develop the TW222 cams specifically for the TriGlide in order to get the heavy bike moving off the line.

Take care, ride safe, and good luck with whatever you decide to do!!

Roger

FLTR2008TRIKE,

Do you have a good link to S&S? I want to read more about the S&S 124LC but when I try, there site is all messed up for me?

I am thinkin about some different ideas, (wife don't agree) but......

eighty80.

If you really want the 107 take a look at TMAN Performance, talk to them. Web site is user friendly.

tmanperformance.com

The 107 Nikasil cylinders are not bored, they were born as a 107 and TMAN has some very strong mods.

I have the 107 Nikasil cylinders with 10.5 to 1 , stage 3 heads, 55TB and 625 cams in my deluxe.....yes it is an animal! Honestly it is overkill.

If I do the trike, it will be A/C, Exhaust and Cams for low end performance. It's all about TQ.

FLTR2008TRIKE,

Do you have a good link to S&S? I want to read more about the S&S 124LC but when I try, there site is all messed up for me?

eighty80.

You poor man, you've been bitten by the bug bad:laugh:.

FLTR2008TRIKE,

eighty80.

Download their catalog & most of the information is in it. If you want more info give them a call. I would look somewhere around the 113"HD, or the 117" unless You are thinking about going a whole engine complete . The catalog gives ya numbers & costs to work with a bit. & also phone numbers......
http://www.sscycle.com/catalogs
JMHO

You poor man, you've been bitten by the bug bad:laugh:.

Yea, I know... bad isn't it?

Had the open heart Oct. 15th, between that and the cold winter, I've been in this house ever since.

Doc says, "a good 4 months". That will be Feb, 15th. Then we will see....

Later, eighty80.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png