Likes Likes:  1
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 2003 Lehman Monarch II

  1. #1
    60+ Posts CyberVet65's Avatar
    User ID
    16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    65

    Default 2003 Lehman Monarch II

    Need brakes? Where to get parts? I have tried Lehman and no luck. Help!

  2. #2
    150+ Posts
    User ID
    16356
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Harrison,Ohio
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: 2003 Lehman Monarch II

    Cyber I had a part number written down somewhere. Don't think they can be had from Lehman. So I had a cross ref number done and located. Believe my Honda dealer actually carried them. If I can find the darn thing I will post it here. I have 05 Monnarch II..Just haven't needed brakes yet. Maybe somebody know in the mean time..Dogman

  3. #3
    150+ Posts
    User ID
    16356
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Harrison,Ohio
    Posts
    177

    Default Re: 2003 Lehman Monarch II

    cyber looking thru lehman paperwork, I see Lehman Dealer in Salt lake, if still there...Wasatch Trike
    801-898-7453, wasatchtrikes.com...Maybe help there? Dogman

  4. #4
    50+ Posts crackercap's Avatar
    User ID
    15000
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    waynesboro, va
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: 2003 Lehman Monarch II

    cyber, I got on line and searched for dealer located in Va and near me, contacted him, ordered new pads(about$70) and now good to go. Should be same for your area.

  5. #5
    10+ Posts mightymousesr's Avatar
    User ID
    18044
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    San Tan Valley, Az
    Posts
    18

    Default 2010 GL1800/Lehman Brake pads

    After searching for rear brake pads for my Monarch II, I finally had to get them from Champion sidecars out of California. The year is a must as they used a couple of different calipers on the solid axle over the years. then get the credit card out lighten it to the tune of $150.00 yep you read right $135.00 +tax + shipping = $150.00. Champion told me trikes use small calipers to keep the size of the braking system down, automotive calipers would require an automotive master in order to operate the calipers (fluid volume). The only exception would be the trikes that still use the original G/W rear end as part of the kit then you could get pads from a bike shop. I'm keeping an eye on mine I'd hate to see what a rotor would cost!
    Those that think "Old means Slow" have never ridden a V65 Magna!

  6. #6
    5500+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Gold Club Member
    Lee H. Mann's Avatar
    User ID
    4486
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    5,663

    Default Lehman Brakes

    Quote Originally Posted by mightymousesr View Post
    After searching for rear brake pads for my Monarch II, I finally had to get them from Champion sidecars out of California. The year is a must as they used a couple of different calipers on the solid axle over the years. then get the credit card out lighten it to the tune of $150.00 yep you read right $135.00 +tax + shipping = $150.00. Champion told me trikes use small calipers to keep the size of the braking system down, automotive calipers would require an automotive master in order to operate the calipers (fluid volume). The only exception would be the trikes that still use the original G/W rear end as part of the kit then you could get pads from a bike shop. I'm keeping an eye on mine I'd hate to see what a rotor would cost!
    http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threa...-II-Brake-pads

    Rotors are $199.00 each plus shipping.
    Jim Murphy
    EX-Lehman & Champion Dealer Owner Operator
    Iron Butt Rider 2001

    WHEN HELP IS OFFERED, A SIMPLE "THANK YOU" IS APPRECIATED.

  7. #7
    1250+ Posts cavie's Avatar
    User ID
    13988
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Port Charlotte fl/Hinsdale MA
    Posts
    1,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mightymousesr View Post
    After searching for rear brake pads for my Monarch II, I finally had to get them from Champion sidecars out of California. The year is a must as they used a couple of different calipers on the solid axle over the years. then get the credit card out lighten it to the tune of $150.00 yep you read right $135.00 +tax + shipping = $150.00. Champion told me trikes use small calipers to keep the size of the braking system down, automotive calipers would require an automotive master in order to operate the calipers (fluid volume). The only exception would be the trikes that still use the original G/W rear end as part of the kit then you could get pads from a bike shop. I'm keeping an eye on mine I'd hate to see what a rotor would cost!
    Don't beleive everything you hear. I have Champion SA on my VTX. OEM Honda master cylinder with VW disc brakes on a Suzuki rearend.
    Ridin' three and free. Ain't never goin' back


    '05 Honda VTX 1300 R Champion. Northeast Region Trike Riders on F B.

  8. #8
    300+ Posts alienwulf's Avatar
    User ID
    20716
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Menifee Ca.
    Posts
    340

    Default

    I asked Champion what my rear is and what the make of brake pads are the only answer I got was this.
    "The rear end is our own----you can purchase anything you need directly from us



    brake pads run $116.76 for a complete set (both sides)" Nice to know I can get pads there but would be nice to shop around. Whats with the mystery some of the makers have?

  9. #9
    5500+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Gold Club Member
    Lee H. Mann's Avatar
    User ID
    4486
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    5,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alienwulf View Post
    I asked Champion what my rear is and what the make of brake pads are the only answer I got was this.
    "The rear end is our own----you can purchase anything you need directly from us



    brake pads run $116.76 for a complete set (both sides)" Nice to know I can get pads there but would be nice to shop around. Whats with the mystery some of the makers have?
    Disc Brakes
    11” Disc / Dual Piston VW
    Pads - #311 – 698 – 151B (Pads) Bendix #DB15, Federated #D30A, EBC #DP-4105R Yellowstuff Pads
    Calipers - #311 – 615 – 107 & 108 (Calipers)(Beck / Arnley #0770229S, Cardone #19 – 230 & 231

    Thanks to Solidbob
    Last edited by Lee H. Mann; 12-06-2015 at 09:15 AM. Reason: left something out
    Jim Murphy
    EX-Lehman & Champion Dealer Owner Operator
    Iron Butt Rider 2001

    WHEN HELP IS OFFERED, A SIMPLE "THANK YOU" IS APPRECIATED.

  10. #10
    300+ Posts alienwulf's Avatar
    User ID
    20716
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Menifee Ca.
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee H. Mann View Post
    Disc Brakes
    11 Disc / Dual Piston VW
    Pads - #311 698 151B (Pads) Bendix #DB15, Federated #D30A, EBC #DP-4105R Yellowstuff Pads
    Calipers - #311 615 107 & 108 (Calipers)(Beck / Arnley #0770229S, Cardone #19 230 & 231
    Thanks so much set PM thanking you also +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Germany need your help, Lehman Monarch
    By ramon in forum Brand Specific Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 07:47 PM
  2. Lehman Trikes Monarch II
    By cincydude in forum Honda Trikes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 05:16 AM
  3. Lehman Monarch 1 Trailer Hitch
    By DeerWrangler in forum Trailers / Campers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 10:19 PM
  4. Lehman GL1800 Monarch
    By DeerWrangler in forum Honda Trikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2011, 09:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •