Bypass the GPS Speed Sensor

Dec 16, 2012
Lawton , OK, US
I recently read a thread in a GW Forum about being able to Bypass the GPS Speed Sensor, so you don't have to stop just to turn on the GPS if you forgot to. I completed this mod on my Trike (GW) and it worked like a charm. Not only was I able to turn on the GPS while moving I was able to put in a destination and activate the route with out stopping. Now I know that it is not smart to be typing in an address as you move, but it is simple to select pre loaded address that you have saved.
16.jpgpic5.jpg
I used a different switch (push on push off) and put it in my lock box directly above my GPS Controls. Beating the man at his own game...

Last edited:
If you forget to turn on the GPS, Get into any gear going down the highway and turn the ignition key to accessory,
hit the start button for GPS then move the ignition key to run.

:AGGHH: Are you turning off your engine while rolling down the road, I tried your suggestion to see what was easier and when I turned my key to the accessories position the engine turned off. I still had to pull in the clutch as to maintain speed, push the display button and then turn on GPS, then turn the key back to the on position and either restart the bike or pop out the clutch and restart the engine. Did I miss a step here? :confused: Not to mention my lights turned off and it was dark...

:AGGHH: Are you turning off your engine while rolling down the road, I tried your suggestion to see what was easier and when I turned my key to the accessories position the engine turned off. I still had to pull in the clutch as to maintain speed, push the display button and then turn on GPS, then turn the key back to the on position and either restart the bike or pop out the clutch and restart the engine. Did I miss a step here? :confused: Not to mention my lights turned off and it was dark...

After you do it a couple times, it does not take very long.:laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png