What did you do to your Trike this week?

What are you going to be doing to your trike, while it is sleeping for the winter...Yes, I know, some never put it up for the winter, others, Downunder, riding season has just started..But, Sadly, us in the Frozen tundra areas have to put them to sleep for the winter!
So, what are you doing?

Rosy

How was the weather? I heard you are a little chilly in God's country! But, I guess it was a good ride.
Glad to hear people are still riding, as we are cold and the city has spread salt on the roads, so trike is in for the winter.

Rosy

No snow yet... Getting new tire for front, getting LED fogs. Replacing halogen ones. They use too much power. Battery drops to 11.5 with them on.

Hey John, that's great! Please post pictures of the setup and info on what you bought in case others want to go that route..Also, give us your evaluation on the difference between the two.
Thanks

Rosy

Lucky, are you running synthetic in your trike? 10,000+ miles before oil changes.
But, I never run that long. My Mini says every 15,000 between oil changes with Mobil 1.

Rosy

Lucky, are you running synthetic in your trike? 10,000+ miles before oil changes.
But, I never run that long. My Mini says every 15,000 between oil changes with Mobil 1.

Rosy
Rosy
No I do not run synthetic in anything. Never have. That is not to say That there is anything is wrong with it just that I do not use it. Just old school and hard headed I guess. I still do the 3000 mile deal.

Dessert classic,
Been to your area, when visiting relatives. I see at some points this winter you have been colder than the Frozen Tundra in NH! LOL
So, did it improve your sound and speed on your trike, how about you MPG, did it go up or down?
How many miles do you have on the trike for your fluid tuneup? I believe Honda says 30,000 for fluid tuneup.
Ride till the pavement stops!

Rosy

Put the trike in the trailer and tied it down for the trip to Florida this February.
Put gas stabilizer in the 88 800 Shadow, filled the tank and took it for a ride. Put it in the cellar for the winter.
Phew, way too much work!
Rosy

What kind of trailer do you have Rosy?

My trike conversion is supposed to be done by Dec 5. Wanted to ride it to FL, leave it there for the winter and fly back to Mi to button up some business before we drive the truck back down. If the weather is bad, I'd put the trike in a trailer and pull it down but U Haul said they don't have trailers (open or enclosed) that will accommodate a trike and I don't know other national rental firms that do. Hate to buy a trailer since storing it in MI and FL is a problem. I don't seem to have good options besides leaving it in my MI garage while we're gone and that is so distasteful. I seem to have an enigma wrapped up in a conundrum.

Suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

It's a Freedom trailer 7x12, dual axel.
here are a couple of pictures.

Rosy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 177
Rosy, it has been cool here this winter. Last weekend I rode to Albq on sat then on Sunday morning we had rain, sleet, snow and heavy wind. Made for a 220 mile trip interesting.

I only have 1K on the trike. Harley wants a 1K service to make sure it is ok. Break in goes like this: first 50 miles no more than 3k rpm and no more than 50 mph. Then until 500 miles no more than 3k rpm, no speed restriction. Over 500 no restrictions. 1st service at 1k, second at 5k then 5k increments.

This is my second new Harley. My last was an Ultra Classic with a modified 103 cubic inch. Had lots of umph. This big guy was a little under the gun. Weight with me is about 1300 lbs and it has a high output 103 cubic inch with water cooled heads. Taking off and high end lacked the punch I thought I needed. Not looking to get run over because of lack of power. I had a stage 1 installed which included Rinehart high flow mufflers, screaming eagle high flow breather and a fuel management download. Not sure about MPH yet, but this trike sure has the torque now. I am impressed with the sound, no longer the sewing machine.

I did go to Harley syn3 oil in all locations. I used amsoil in the last bike and it cooled the engine down by 20 degrees. I am sure I will change to amsoil at the 5k service. Jim

Desert classic,
WOW, that's impressive work. I thought the 20 degrees difference was very noteworthy. Did your back cylinder ever cut out because it overheated? Last year at the Laconia bike week, we had a huge line of traffic and a few of the Harleys had to be pushed off the road because of overheating.

Rosy

I use ward's fans for my HD's. Really helps a bunch. Got caught in stop and go traffic getting home from OK.... 22 miles of red light every block. Got caught at them close to 70% of the time. Took 2 hours to get through it. Never hit heat mode or did the heat cause me any discomfort. I was shocked. My wife did not complain, which was the shock.

I haven't done anything to the goldwing lately, still riding it for now. It doesn't get serviced for storage because it is never put in storage for winter.
Been busy doing work others bikes and got to get started on my VTX due to a short in the wiring. It never ends you know.

I rode my trike to the local dealer this frigid morning and had all the fluids changed out for a complete Red line change. I had some noise in both the top end and transmission. I also didn't believe the purchasing dealer had changed the fluids as they said. Now the noise is gone and the transmission shifts much better.
Also glad I had the heated jacket liner to wear. I had that thing almost fully on and I was still cold at 70mph.

WindyOne,
You got to get the rest of the heated gear, like the gloves, socks, and pants, then you wouldn't feel the cold.
Did you buy the trike used? I believe some people are not honest enough now days. To save a couple of dollars, they may loose a sale because you didn't trust them. I know if a dealer is shady, I would tell my friends to watch out for them.
Glad to hear the fluids cured your problem.

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png