What did you do to your Trike this week?

Thank you very much! Been looking at Superbright LEDs truck side markers which are about 6" long and they should fit, with a plastic chrome vessel. I used them on my Freedom trailer for more lights in the rear.

One of our members used them years ago on his trike, so I know they will fit. He since then has gotten and new trike.

Again Thank You.

Rosy

Thank you very much! Been looking at Superbright LEDs truck side markers which are about 6" long and they should fit, with a plastic chrome vessel. I used them on my Freedom trailer for more lights in the rear.

One of our members used them years ago on his trike, so I know they will fit. He since then has gotten and new trike.

Again Thank You.

Rosy

The top ones say they are 3.6" in the description, but looking at the picture they look longer if you count the chrome surround.

side marker lights.jpg

Again Thank You.

Rosy

I would like to have both front and rear lights the same, but need to get a light and see if it can mounted towards the rear.

I believe, there should be amber towards the front and red in the rear, and yes, it would be great to have them used as turn signals if possible. It will require more wiring than a simple on & off, but it will help with visibility.

My concern is the 6" light may be too long for the rear application.

Rosy

Earlier in the week I abused the heck out of it. Let is set for over a week waiting for Mother Nature to give me a break.

It was sort of chilly (18 Degrees) this morning but the roads were finally dry so a friend and I DID COMPLETE our traditional New Years Day Lunch Ride. Got all the way up to 21 degrees as I was rolling back into the "Wing Room." I was beginning to wonder if that would happen.. We've only missed one year since I started riding with the GEEZERS (I'm he youngest). I have hung out with these guys for the past 19 years now.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE !!!!

No riding here in Florida. Torrential downpours and snow in the upper part of the state. We are not suppose to get snow in Florida! ❄️⛄

Even the rocket launch has been put off a day longer! Is the world coming to an end, poor Pete, you are going to get it bad, from what I heard! Good luck! Well, maybe not as bad as Erie with their 64" of snow!

Need advise, bought new locks for the trailer's doors, well the salt air here in Florida caused them to start rusting, even after I put a coating of wax on them. They are chrome, so, any suggestions on what to use? & and where may I purchase it?

Thanks!

You guys in this cold snap and snow, please be careful!

Rosy

No riding here in Florida. Torrential downpours and snow in the upper part of the state. We are not suppose to get snow in Florida! ❄️⛄

Even the rocket launch has been put off a day longer! Is the world coming to an end, poor Pete, you are going to get it bad, from what I heard! Good luck! Well, maybe not as bad as Erie with their 64" of snow!

Need advise, bought new locks for the trailer's doors, well the salt air here in Florida caused them to start rusting, even after I put a coating of wax on them. They are chrome, so, any suggestions on what to use? & and where may I purchase it?

Thanks!

Rosy

On the locks i use PB Blaster spray. [Auto Zone]..My lock sits outside on the trailer 24/7/365......

:xzqxz::xzqxz:

Thanks!

Rosy

You didn’t have to go all that distance to get salt air ? Could of stayed at home, I hear they put it on the roads just to give ya that southern beaches feeling . Plus it’s free :xzqxz:

Rosy, there is ALWAYS salt and sand in the air here in FLA

I am 28 miles inland, I can feel the salt and smell it in the air

I would wipe the lock down with some WD 40 then wax the heck out of it

BRRRRR cold here today:p

IMG_3777.jpg

Yes, NH & Florida have free salt! One on the roads, the other in the air!

I am staying one block from the Atlantic Ocean, at night we can hear the surf & in the morning the whole world is covered with a heavy salty dew!

I put a heavy coat of wax and polish on the locks, before we came down to Florida, now look at them! & I thought I did good, not so much!

Chrome cleaner and then a good paste wax, do you think that may work? Let me know!

Pete, something I never heard, you are going to get a Bomb Cyclone of snow! Good luck my friend!

Rosy

Here's what you need on that lock, Rosy...

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/other-products/cleaners-and-protectants/mp-metal-protector/https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-prod...s-and-protectants/heavy-duty-metal-protector/

^...I swear by, (not at), this stuff. It goes on light and penetrates pretty well, and "cures" to a waxy, Cosmolene like texture. I spray it on all metal objects that stay outside, and on those that are in long term storage in the shop. It's not recommended for guns, as the waxy property it turns to could jam a weapon with tight tolerances.

On the bright side, we're looking at a predicted 4~8" of that four letter word: snow for tomorrow, or worst case in your area up here Rosy, a likely 8~14". Bet you're not getting that in sunny Florida tomorrow!

Here's what you need on that lock, Rosy...

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/other-products/cleaners-and-protectants/mp-metal-protector/

^...I swear by, (not at), this stuff. It goes on light and penetrates pretty well, and "cures" to a waxy, Cosmolene like texture. I spray it on all metal objects that stay outside, and on those that are in long term storage in the shop.

Pete, if I used this on my woodworking tools, table saw, band saw etc. would it come off onto the wood?

Pete, if I used this on my woodworking tools, table saw, band saw etc. would it come off onto the wood?

I'm guessing it might Bill, but I've never actually tried it on woodworking equipment/tooling. It seems to rub off metallic surfaces with minimal effort, but whether or not it would do the same on wood is anyone's guess.

However I would not hesitate to use it on such equipment if it wasn't going to be used for awhile, and a shop rag soaked in carb cleaner wipes it off without much elbow grease effort.

Still running my rear Michelin Pilot Activ with 25,000 miles and more to go:

41 psi

ceramic beads balanced

reverse mounted

Yes, not as soft as the Avon, but so far, can't beat the longevity of this tire.

Haven't heard too much about the new Avon front for mileage as of yet. 🙉🙊

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png