What did you do to your Trike this week?

Just dusted mine off this week,,,. She's been sitting way too long. :cxtv:

Hopefully this weekend, I'll take her out for a ride around the neighborhood to stretch her legs/wheels, lol. ;)
Don't tell my wife but I use her swiffer with the short wand to dust the trike. It works like a charm, specially on a black trike! :pepper:
Then I take the Honda cleaner and finish her off with a nice polish, while she is still in the cellar.

Rosy

Cleaned the love bugs off, Polished her with Pledge and putting it up on the jack tomorrow and changing the shocks.
New floorboards and grips next weekend

New shocks, how many miles do you have on her? What type of trike do you have?
Grips and floor boards, post pictures if you can of your work. Are you putting on heel and toe shifter at the same time?
Good luck on the work!

Rosy

New shocks, how many miles do you have on her? What type of trike do you have?
Grips and floor boards, post pictures if you can of your work. Are you putting on heel and toe shifter at the same time?
Good luck on the work!

Rosy
2004 HD Electra Glide outrigger trike, 80k miles.
Already has a heel-toe shifter
I didnt take pictures of the work.. 20 min and 4 bolts and it was done.

WOW, fast worker! So, how do you like the new setup? I bet it is better than the old.
80k, that's riding some! How many front tires have you had to put on?
Good luck on your rides and be safe!

Rosy

Maybe somebody here has had the same problem, what is going on? Are you working with shoes or disk? Any pictures if you got them could help.
Old story from years ago. My Father-in-law put breaks on my wife's 1964 1/2 Mustang convertible. Wife took the car for a ride and almost hit a tree and a bridge railing. He had put the two large pads on one side and the small pads on the other, guess what at a higher speed when she put the break on, it pulled the car off the road, Yikes!

Rosy

Rosy - Running standard Champion setup for the Road Star, dual disc w/3lb residual valve to help with pressure - so far I've replaced the valve that came with the kit, rebuild the MC (don't think it really needed it) with no luck - I'm thinking the pistons in the calipers aren't working right - will know for sure after I get the brakes "professionally" bled - it isn't much fun running around with only the gear box and front brakes to slow/stop with (only doing that when necessary).

Your right about let the pros at it. I know, I have been told when you bleed the brakes on a Wing, they can be very tricky, something about bleeding the fronts at the same time, I think.
That's why this spring I spent the extra to get the fluids replaced at the shop, rather than trying it myself. Getting to old to worry about, did I do it correctly, besides, I don't have the proper equipment to bleed brakes.
Hope they can straighten your problem out so you can enjoy your rides, instead of worrying about slowing down way ahead, so you can stop.

Rosy

Hey Calgary, nice new jack and stands. I see you use Rotella oil in your Wing. What brand of filter do you use?
Wow, you have the whole front end off, what are you doing, more than an oil change?
Do you use a piece of wood or pad between your jack and motor?
Boy, you have lots of room to work, mine is small and cramped compare to you!
Good luck.

Rosy

I put on the MBL risers and a full set of Baker wings. Now I'm more comfortable and the wife really likes being out of the wind! The only problem is now she can talk to me while riding. Darn! ;)

Finally got around to doing the front brakes. Couldve gone a little while longer but its always better to be safe than sorry and with our luck need the trike and have it layed up. The part thats always frustrating though is it takes longer to take off and unhook the farkles than it takes to do the brake job.. But the good part is we're good to go for quite awhile.

Your are correct, why wait till they start screaming, get it done and out of the way.
Had mine done when they were working on plugs and valves, front only. Jim said they wear out a lot faster than the rears. The rears look like they are brand new, but they disc brakes anyway.
So, most of things needed to be done for a while have been done, good to go!

Rosy

TURNED OVER 20,000 MILES ! Did my service and got the atf out of the primary. syn 3 in it now. My buddy and i took his new street glide for its 5000 mile service . Cost him $240. I Did mine for $70. Kind of like a senior trike discount.

Had a busy week, changed the front hiems on the ladder bars, Replaced the rear u joint, Changed the oil and filter and had the rear tires balanced and put dyna beads in the front tire. Now I should be ready to ride.

Did the work help the vibration? I know some u-joints don't come with zerks, but they do have the ports to put one in, strange for a few pennies more they could be included.
Hoped it helped!

Rosy

Did the work help the vibration? I know some u-joints don't come with zerks, but they do have the ports to put one in, strange for a few pennies more they could be included.
Hoped it helped!

Rosy

After all that work Rosy the vibration is gone, It was one of those things that you cant put a finger on the sole problem. Seems like everything I done improved it. I am just glad its gone.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png