What did you do to your Trike this week?

Will the lift kit help the ride for you and the passenger? More travel before it "bottoms out", by raising the shock? I also did that on my trike, had the shocks made stiffer so it wouldn't bottom out. It sure helped the ride.

Rosy

Last week, had the rear suspension clocked up a notch to stiffen it up and make the ride more palletable when carrying a passenger. The change also improved the cornering, which was an unexpected benefit.

This week, after riding the guts out of her last weekend, I adjusted the valves, set the points and put in a new speedo clutch.

Now it will stop on a dime, correct!
Time to head home from NM and do PM on my Donkey Trailer to get it ready for the NETT Rally in two weeks. I am going to pack the bearings, try and do that every couple of years. It sits all winter long, so it isn't hard to pack them, that way it will be ready.
Also, while the "rug" and the backrest are off the seat, take the seat off and check my radio's output to see if I have one of the good ones which do not require AMP upgrade. If so, then I will put new front speakers to the winter time list to do, if I have a bad radio, then use the OEM speakers. If good, then a set of Polk 501s will get installed.
Hope you are having a great weekend, ride safe!

Rosy

installing a AIM 480Lb clutch spring. Will I need more air in the shocks ? (just kidding) been having a slipping problem about 3000 rpm . if Im running about 3000 rpm and get physical with it ,it slips. should finish this afternoon , and give it a try.

got it done . clutch still easy enough to pull. it rained just before I finished so really testing it was out. but I did all I could with wet roads to get it to slip and couldn't . we have a bug spot ride this week end. I will know more after that.

BIG CAUTION!
the bolts on the retaining ring in a harley torque at 8 ft lbs. I broke one off and was lucky enough to be able to get it out with out much trouble.

got it done . clutch still easy enough to pull. it rained just before I finished so really testing it was out. but I did all I could with wet roads to get it to slip and couldn't . we have a bug spot ride this week end. I will know more after that.

BIG CAUTION!
the bolts on the retaining ring in a harley torque at 8 ft lbs. I broke one off and was lucky enough to be able to get it out with out much trouble.

You have to watch the torque on those bolts, I had one strip on me at 100 in/lbs which is still short of the max torque on my 06 Ultra. I ended up replacing the inner clutch hub, which I then decided to change the clutch basket and primary gearing while I was at it.

Well, made it back to NH from NM, 5000+ miles in our car today. Went to see how my baby is coming along and here is what I found! Hope the picture goes through.

Rosy

- - - Updated - - -

More pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 118
Here she is back together again. Need to order a new tail light assembly, corner cracked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 115
Had to fight for the color match, but, just like a down pillow, it is comfy! LOL
I do have a sheep skin from one of my old wings that was brown, maybe I'll try that, but I will have to do it while Janice isn't looking or else, KAAPOW, on the side of the head, or that funny look, like what is wrong with you! Naw..I will leave the one that's on it right now! LOL

Rosy

The Donkey trailer's bearings are ready to roll to the NETT Rally in West Dover, VT. Pictures below show the start to finish. Painted the rims also.

Rosy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Good job I should do mine too. Bike looks fantastic. I can barely see the chip in the light. See you soon.

BIG CAUTION!

well, it is better . still wants to slip about 4300 when I hit it hard. may just be time for clutch plates. I don't normally ride that hard any way. the changing the fluids was a good idea . shifts a little harder but it is quiet and feels a lot better.

Warren, I am a good teacher, so, I will sit on the cooler and give you hints as to how to repackage your bearings on your trailer! LOL
What do you say?
I tell you what, let me know if you want me to bring you some clean rags so you can wipe your greasy hands!
See, we can have lots of fun at the Rally!

Rosy

image.jpgimage.jpgGot it back together. Could not imagine driving all the way to VT with a 96db air horn blaring or with out a horn at all . The relay was buried under the front fairing. So far we are still coming. Looks like it might rain any min. now should be past us by Thurs afternoon.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png