What did you do to your Trike this week?

I believe 09-13 Tri ‘s are the same. I will be at the glamp at pa this week into the weekend, could meet ya 1/2 way someware if ya want. Jut a excuse to take a ride. I’m at Lords Valley NE. Pa. Off I84.

After looking at the map, your out there farther than I thought. A 6 hr round trip is not considered a day trip for me.
I will get back to you on Friday my week is nuts. Fred

Did ya ever find the problem ?

nope...just working my way through ... one wire at a time checking for abrasion. Tossed some electrical tape on connectors just in case one of those was shorting. Next is to pull rear tires and check in fender well for abrasion to wires. The biggest problem is that sometimes I can ride 1 mile and it pops...the next time 100 miles till it pops, so I never know for sure if I got it right

nope...just working my way through ... one wire at a time checking for abrasion. Tossed some electrical tape on connectors just in case one of those was shorting. Next is to pull rear tires and check in fender well for abrasion to wires. The biggest problem is that sometimes I can ride 1 mile and it pops...the next time 100 miles till it pops, so I never know for sure if I got it right

Short looks to be in the compressor for the air horns

Hello Everybody,

Been away for a while, but everything is fine here, just busy. So, busy, didn't get a chance to ride this past summer with Friends in NH. Sorry Pete, Dennis, will try to do better this summer.

OK, things are not going well, I believe my oil I use in my trike, is being discontinued, Shell T-6. So, now to get info on what other GL-1800s are using. Please, let me know what you use in your trike, and pros and cons with it.

Had to replace my right side caliper because the shop broke the nipple to bleed it. Don't worry, it was my choice to do it or not, I chose to do it, and it broke! My luck! LOL Again, auto company sent wrong one, even when they were given info on part, so, they had to order a new one. Two days in the shop. All is well, but thinking about it, it has been a long time since my brakes have been bled, which is good in a way! System is working well!

49,000 miles on my front tire, when replaced, not for wear, but born date. Put a new Avon trike front, so far, softer ride and corners well, will let you know how mileage goes.

As I told you, my lower cowl tabs are broken. Maybe cost me $500 for a new one! Ouch, that's a lot! So, I asked who had repaired theirs and a friend sent me a video with a plastic that could be use to replace the tabs. It will take me a couple of weeks to do, so, I will tackle it this summer, not while I am in Florida..

Well, Friends, hope all is well.

Rosy

49,000 miles on my front tire, when replaced, not for wear, but born date. Put a new Avon trike front, so far, softer ride and corners well, will let you know how mileage goes.

Good to hear from you again Rosy. I missed last summer riding as well, due to a health issue. Hoping to be riding this summer...:Shrug:

Anyhoo, what was the deal with your front tire born date? Some feel age is a factor in tire replacement, but I haven't heard our state safety inspectors look at the sidewalls mfg. date as of yet?

Before replacement, I go by general overall wear and if there is any sidewall weather cracking...

Born Date

Good to hear from you again Rosy. I missed last summer riding as well, due to a health issue. Hoping to be riding this summer...:Shrug:

Anyhoo, what was the deal with your front tire born date? Some feel age is a factor in tire replacement, but I haven't heard our state safety inspectors look at the sidewalls mfg. date as of yet?

Before replacement, I go by general overall wear and if there is any sidewall weather cracking...

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but I am sure you will be ready to rock & roll this summer.

You know, I never believed in born dates, but my auto garage is looking at born dates on tires, so I figured I would do the same. I look at it this way, with one front tire, if bad, OH BOY, what a mess.

Story:

What made me a believer was, when I went to visit my daughter-in-law's parents in Florida Connie's front tire was coming apart along the sidewalls, the threads look great, like they could go another 30,000 miles. Her husband took it in when we told him about it, it was way over the born date and the tire was starting to delaminates. He replaced all four. She only uses the car to go to church and shopping, and is in the garage most of the time. I would have not dare think of what it would may had happen is she took it down I-10 at 70mph!

I also read and heard that the tire could delaminates from the inside, so you would never see it. I look at this way, why take a chance!

See you this summer!

Rosy

Florida T

I hate to say this, but while I am in Florida, Ride It, Like You Stole It!

I only do minimal work on the trike while we are here. Wash it, check tire pressures, check oil levels, and keep riding!

In the summer, after Florida, she goes in to be serviced, lube, grease the Hannigan suspension, oil-filter change, fluid check or change if needed, per my trike log book for maintenance.

Rosy

Born date becomes important depending on how the tire was stored. And I don't think you'll ever know all the places. But the newer the better just to be on the safe side. That's how I look at it away. Maybe there is a better way.:Shrug::Shrug::Shrug:

As they say, it is in black & white, just read the numbers to see how New the tire is.

I would hate to have a shop put on a tire which has been sitting around for a few years, just to get rid of it. Maybe this should be explained by the shop on the bill..

Price...Born Date..Or you could ask them, before they mount the tire, Born date, please, if they don't give it to you, say, No thank you, and walk out...

But, not everybody believes in born dates, which is fine with me, but, please do not try to convince me, about being OK, to put an old tire, that looks good on my trike!

Rosy

Well let's see relined the rear brakes aligned the entire rear chassis adjusted the belt deflection sealed and primed a few small spots where powder coat failed ready for touch up tomorrow. Cleaned back side of rear wheels tons of brake dust on them. More like last two weeks though. travel safe Fred

Installed a Mustang pass. backrest for my Honey. Arms are about 2-3 in longer than the stock on the 16. looks to me the same as they were years ago & HD saved 2.98 to make shorter. Anyway got them for her at Xmas for our riding around Florida for a couple months & the Snowbird gathering next week in Ormond Beach.

IMG_3968.jpg

While in Florida, put new bling on trike.

My old roto covers, as the trike gets older, the plastic looses its elasticity and gets brittle, so the tabs broke. Couldn't find the same roto covers w/o the lights, so put lights on.

Took us all day to put them on, funny, as you get older, the ups & downs, get harder to do! :mad: Did the electrical works which required we go shopping for connectors so if the shop needed to take roto covers off, they could. Well, had to go back to the store twice, because I assumed packages were the same, not so, :Shrug:. I am sure a few of us have done the same thing! LOL

Also, you think you have brought all the tools you need with you when you travel, not so much, had to borrow crimping tool for the connectors from a friend who lives here!

Thank You Dennis (Dr. Pepper) from MS, for your help putting everything together.

Rosy

Buffed out 10 years of scratches from previous years, removed 90% some were just to deep looks great for the age though. The buffing brought back that deep black shine... I very pleased with the results. Now may consider doing the Ceramic coating would an ideal time to do it. If I could just g]cover about 6 chips in the paint on the right side by tourpac latch side.... :Shrug: travel safe Fred

Well, getting older is not a good thing for some items.. Me being one of them.. LOL :mad:

Sorry, but it is true! My LEDs which have been on the trike "forever" are starting to give out, so need to replace them. BUT, someone was watching over my shoulder because I bought the last set, as they don't make that style any more! Have you ran into that problem, my wife has as she complains they keep changing her beauty products all the time, when she like one, bang, gone! Oh Boy!

Same with my roto covers, nope, can't find the old style, so had to replace with new lighted ones..

As my trike gets older, more and more things are starting to wear out, just from use, not because of an accident, just old age..2002...But, she is still running great, so, replace Old Stuff, if you can find them, and move on!

Snowbird Gathering was great, Mother Nature wasn't, but that is to be expected in Early Spring, Florida weather!

Rosy

Antifreeze

Checked my antifreeze and it was a little low so I decided to top it off. Well, I am in Florida so it makes life a little harder to do the "normal" things because all the equipment is in NH.

Small and large funnels are there, so thought about it and came up with this idea. I am sure lots of people have used these type of funnel before, but I am a newbie at it. But, the beauty of this funnel, it screwed right into the neck of the expansion tank, no mess, no spills!

IMG_3976.jpgIMG_3978.jpg

Rosy

Well your lucky... Our water pump went south on our way back to Sanibel. Got it home without any problems, but will have to be replaced. Have extended warranty,so will only cost me about $50. No luck with local dealer. Got disconnected 3 times on side of road ,so called my dealer & he has a pump so will have it done when we get home. It was fine going down the road but hot when in any town traffic.

Rosy , do you guys do the NE trike gathering in Aug. ? It is near the Mass,NY border. https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/50628-New-england-tt-rally-2019?p=655297#post655297 Thinking about it as only 700 from us. How bout Debbie & her husband ?? Would be fun to see you guys again.

Americade

Going to Americade after we get home, then visit Laconia, which is about an hour from the house.

Back to Alabama in July..

Rosy

Old to New

Well, my luck, the old light was not available so need to replace with the new light!

Needed to "snake" new wiring where the old wire was, not as easy as it is to write about it.

I am sure you have been through it. Will let you see results when finished. Photo has old light on top, new on bottom.

Rosy

IMG_3984.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png