What did you do to your Trike this week?

MDGeorge, what, the head is not suppose to feel numb, well, I'll be! LOL
Rmrc51, don't blame you for putting the one on that doesn't require you removing the Tupperware! To me that's a winter project.
I have a winter project already in the works, need to put on the brace between the frame and the lower fairing. Stupid me, forgot all about it last winter, till I went in to get me tool bag this spring and found the brace, Oh ........!
Oh well, it's not for sissies, getting old!

Rosy

Big Denny, when you get your Trigg Kit, please take pictures and post them if you can. I would love to see what they look like on your bike.
Walt M, also take pictures so we can see what it looks like.
Thanks Guys!

Rosy

Handlebar risers, OK, who had a set put on? I know Gold Rush, Missouri Charley did.
General opinion is that are great, but has anyone put a set on and didn't like them, if so, why?
Non mechanics like myself need to have the shop put them on, and I am sure it will take a couple of hours to do. So, that will bring the cost into the $300 range, not cheap, so need to find out both sides of the question, good or bad.
Also, I need an opinion on front speaker for the 02 GL 1800, mine are good, but will Polk speakers make a big difference in the sound quality? At 65 mph, will you really notice the sound quality?
Thought would be, if I have the risers put on, the speakers will be expose, so it will make the installation of speakers easier and a little cheaper to put on.
Other question on Polk speakers, are they direct replacements or do we need to modify the installation in any way?
Thanks for your input!

Rosy

Skuuter, did you noticed if the Trike had risers?
Sure, you can be trusted, why not, you know all the good places to eat! LOL

Rosy

Bought it. Just bought Rich's LazyAce's stratoliner with california side car
trike kit. Had the handlebars brought down a bit - ordered a new
front tire and trying to decide what type of art am wanting on it.

It's great as far as handling and going down the road - can't wait
to go on the ride tomorrow. :pepper:

Oh WOW, great! Please post pictures so we can all see your new ride!
Boy, tomorrow couldn't come fast enough for you! LOL

Rosy

Not doing well today. Went to bike week and my GL 1800 died on the way to Wiers Beach. Bought a new battery, but didn't help. Went to Meridith Harley and they put it on the charger and tested the charging system, not good. Charging system not charging the battery. Had it towed to Laconia to see what's wrong. They were closed, so the tow person will keep it in his trailer till tomorrow morning when he goes over to drop the trike off. He will tell them that it is not charging. Hopefully they will get right on it to determine what's wrong.
Rented a Harley Trike to get home and go back up tomorrow with Janice driving a car and return the Harley trike to Meridith, then to Laconia to see what the prognosis is on the trike.
Hope it is something simple, but that's not my luck!
Keep you posted!

Rosy

The trike is in Laconia. The shop said it was the stator gone bad, none in house, had to send for one. Maybe...just maybe...Friday...
But, the good thing was, I got to take a brand new Harley trike home.
Funny, drove the Harley in the cellar like I do my Hannigan, hey, lots of room, never realize how much larger the Hannigan was to a Harley.
The tow truck driver looked at the Hannigan and said, you never told me it was as big as a Caddillac! LOL Boy, talk about a tow truck, inclosed three wheel trailer, with a Ford duelly all jacked up, if I was to get in it, you would have to call the fire department for a ladder truck! All chrome suspension. It surely was a looker!
Hope all TT Land is having a great day!

Rosy

Another week, And didn't do a thing to the trike but ride, Which is good because I only do things if something break's:xszpv::Shrug:.... Change the oil every 6/7 thousand miles but that's it...My days of tinkering are gone..

Replaced low beam headlight bulbs. Left was burned out but I always replace both because the other usually burns out shortly after and while my arms are already scratched up changing one I might as well do the other. This keeps the brightness the same for both. I've never been able to find a bulb that last as long as the original.

I replaced mine with Silver star 8 years ago. I think that was the name been so long ago

FFR, where did you install the power plug? I have two, one behind my back rest so Janice has a plug for her iPhone, Garmin, or other handy items. The other is in the right pocket, because the left pocket power plug is full.
Let us know, and if you haveI pictures, please, post them.

Rosy

- - - Updated - - -

Shimpy, that's what I stated in one of my post, I let Janice do the installation of the high/low beams, because my gorilla arms/hands will not fit and she has small arms which fit a lot better.
She has replaced a couple of beams, so she now knows what to do. No more scratches or bleeding after I get done replacing bulbs! LOL
What brand did you put in? Keep a note to see how long it last.
Thanks!

Rosy

I just installed the inexpensive one from Wingstuff in the left pocket. It should serve my needs for my XM Radio since my Ipod is connected to my USB port built in to the bike.

It is really quite easy and there are demos on Youtube also.

You are correct, is it easy to install when you look at a video of how it is done.
Yes, I also have my XM connected to the power unit on my left side pocket, but don't use XM anymore since my MP3 player was installed.
There is not enough power plugs for all the "stuff" we want to use.
Thanks for sharing!

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png