What did you do to your Trike this week?

Rosy, check the thread "Show Chrome Fail."
That will tell you all about it. I would not recommend it.

Here is my bike.
2014-05-02 19.18.55.jpg

It would look great on a black bike.

Yes, you are correct, they should warn you about all the possibilities that could happen.
I run into similar problems with other parts and had to "jury rig" the installation.
One thing I kind of like is to watch a video on installation of parts, that really helps. At least you know if you are heading for a problem.
It is kind of nice to have a hardware store which carries metric chrome bolts which has help me in the past a great deal or metric stainless steel bolts.
The handle looks good and I am sure you did a neat job getting everything to fit.

Rosy

Great, keep the picture coming. Love to see what it entails to convert.
So, you will have four wheels, and your main drive wheel will power the unit.

Rosy

Great, keep the picture coming. Love to see what it entails to convert.
So, you will have four wheels, and your main drive wheel will power the unit.

Rosy

Yes I maintain the rear wheel for now.
I will be asking for more pictures as the build progresses. The wheels and tires are supposed to be in monday.

Do the headlight guards fade with time, as do the plastic ones on your new cars or trucks?
But, for $49, you can replace them when they do fade, correct. At least they will save your glass headlight covers, true?
Send pictures after installation and how hard or easy they were to put on.
Thanks.
Keep the pictures coming on the outriggers.

Rosy

Hiya Rosy.

I don't know if they fade with time. (hope not, lol) I have seen them on many other wings and they looked clear on those bikes. But even if they do fade with time, they're reasonably priced and extremely easy to replace as they just pop off with the lock-tight adhesive tabs. Cheap insurance to protect those expensive headlight housings!

I'll take a couple of photos this evening when I get home from work and post them as per your request.

Have a great day! ThumbUp

Installed a new battery. the present one was 6 years old and no problems, but going on long trip this week don't want to have problems with battery and no MC shops around.

Road yesterday and weather was beautiful..

Good idea, any questions on a long trip, take care of it before you start!
Do the same for your trailer, I will repackage the bearings for a long trip and make sure the tire pressures are right.
I will have to repackage this year before the NETT Rally in August, if I don't go for a long trip before then.
Hope everything goes well!

Rosy

Did a 190 round trip up the Delaware River, Thru Narrowsburg NY, Up to Honesdale PA.
Then a quick stop at Hawley PA. [north of the border] Then home to NJ..:pepper::pepper:

Did you guys do anything to your trikes for these trips? Like, oil change, new tires, or did you just ride?
The shop I took my trike to have fluids changed noticed I use Shell's Rotella and the tech said I see you change your own oil. Yes, I do!
I tag my trike to let people know what I use for oil in case they make a mistake and try to change it for me. All weather tag that says Shell Rotella next to the fill pipe.

Rosy

Did you guys do anything to your trikes for these trips? Like, oil change, new tires, or did you just ride?
The shop I took my trike to have fluids changed noticed I use Shell's Rotella and the tech said I see you change your own oil. Yes, I do!
I tag my trike to let people know what I use for oil in case they make a mistake and try to change it for me. All weather tag that says She'll Rotella next to the fill pipe.

Rosy

I just ride, If my Trike/Bike needs work done and I can't do it at home myself , I'll make an appointment at my dealer and make a ride out of it [85miles one way] Being retired I can schedule a repair any day.....When I'm not watching the Grandkids that is.......

rhino 2, that's great. There are a few things I don't do to my trike either, let the shop do it.
A few things that require speciality tools is one I really do not tackle. Oil change I will do since it is easy and no special tools are needed.

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png