What did you do to your Trike this week?

Replaced the rear brake pads on my Champion. Used EBC Green pads they claim less brake dust than metallic and seem to brake better. Happy with them so far.

That's the problem at times when you find a good replacement item to your trike's conversion kit, not all use the same parts, and at times the same trike kit changes their items because of new design or parts not available any more.

So, now comes the search on the web to see if these good parts are available for your trike kit! & that can be a pain in the B___

at times.

Believe it or not my dealer had a hard time finding a caliper to fit my trike kit, even when the company told them it was this part number. Got it in house, nope, doesn't fit, OK, need to do more research, sorry, need to leave your trike, sorry, call your wife and tell her to pick you up, OH-OH, wife doesn't know how to get here, lucky GPS, comes in handy! Company forgot it had changed parts to a later model!

So, even "professional" people can make mistakes, but, if they can, how about me, order the part from web page, ooppps wrong part, sorry no return or 15% restocking charge! Or if you are very lucky, you have a local auto parts store, you can take your used part and to show them and they may know! Lucky you!

Life should not be so complicated!

I think Southwest Airlines has it right, one type of plane 737, stocking of parts limited to that type of aircraft! Save money, headaches, and storage space!

Rosy

New Project

Well I cannt find any one had makes finder skits for a trike so I am going too make my own. We used to make face cars so I should be able to make some fender skits, has anyone ever tried to do this? BIG DENNY:clapping::hang2::clapping:

Jack, can't open your info. If you can post picture.

Thanks,

Rosy

https://rjsoriginals.com/FREEWHEELER/freewheeler__triglide_accessor.html Try this one

You will have to call him, his fender skirts were a 1 of a kind;)

Or E mail him

He also holds the patent to the heat deflectors Not Kuryakan

skirts002.jpg

Here is a picture in the mock up stage

Bite the Bullet!

I have my Michelin front tire with 29,000 miles on it and it could go another 1,500 or more, but since it is getting old, I am going to replace it with the new Avon Trike Front tire and have it balanced with ceramic Beads.

SO, who is running the Avon, and how is it wearing so far. I know the Avon is a lot softer than the Michelin, but at 29,000 miles, I say, Take my hats off to the Michelin for mileage!

Thanks for your input!

Rosy

I put new brake pads on the rear wheel on the Spyder. They tend to wear out the rears 2 to one. I'll be adding a set of three pouches on the dash board this week and changing the oil as well.

Had a break down about a month ago on our way to tybee island ga. axel came apart on the left rear in Dalton Ga. Sunday....No motor trike dealer close or open. Harley dealer couldn't fix it. Took the rest of the vacation in a U-Haul. About 2 grand more than I wanted to spend.

Dealer here finished it last week. new axels no charge. Found a bent shock and frame under kit was broke on both sides. ( bad wind storm in arz. last year) Riding good again.

Had a break down about a month ago on our way to tybee island ga. axel came apart on the left rear in Dalton Ga. Sunday....No motor trike dealer close or open. Harley dealer couldn't fix it. Took the rest of the vacation in a U-Haul. About 2 grand more than I wanted to spend.

Dealer here finished it last week. new axels no charge. Found a bent shock and frame under kit was broke on both sides. ( bad wind storm in arz. last year) Riding good again.

Thanks to cypress creek motor sports , poplar bluff mo.

Glad you can do the work on the Spider yourself. I heard they are expensive to have a dealer work on them, well, so are a few other trikes expensive to work on, also.

Yes, when you have something happen away fro your comfort zone, it get to be expensive.

Yes, that happened to me about an hour from our house, alternator let go. Took it to a Motorsport dealer and had to rent a trike to get home. It does run your vacation money totals to a new high, when something unexpected happens!

No updates on the Avon?

Rosy

New saddle arrived

Since the padding on the oem seat compressed to the point of no return, Corbin has been good to me with my 91 FLH , They have not changed there back rest mounting design since. So my old backrest fits like a glove . Now for some seat time so my a..s molds to the new one. Just another excuse to ride.

cussed at mine

developed a short somewhere which is blowing my acc fuse(brake lights and turn signals, etc..). Thought I had it figured out....but no 30 miles later it popped again. Back to the drawing board,,,,,,,

BTW - the adjustable back rest mount I had to remove along with he back rest is for sale. Part #s 52596-09A and 52423-09A . $200 plus shipping. Pm Zook for my e- mail.

Question to the GL-1800 group:

I keep losing my left side headlight bulb after 3 to 5 months of use, has anyone else had this problem? If so, did you figure out what was causing it?

Thanks,

Rosy

BTW - the adjustable back rest mount I had to remove along with he back rest is for sale. Part #s 52596-09A and 52423-09A . $200 plus shipping. Pm Zook for my e- mail.

Still got it 4 sale. About ready to put it in storage with the rest of the oem stuff!

Got about 500 miles on new saddle, starting to feel real comfy :clapping:

Still got it 4 sale. About ready to put it in storage with the rest of the oem stuff!

Got about 500 miles on new saddle, starting to feel real comfy :clapping:
Frank I might be interested in the back rest. Not sure it will fit the 09' I'll be in touch.

Frank I might be interested in the back rest. Not sure it will fit the 09' I'll be in touch.

I believe 09-13 Tri ‘s are the same. I will be at the glamp at pa this week into the weekend, could meet ya 1/2 way someware if ya want. Jut a excuse to take a ride. I’m at Lords Valley NE. Pa. Off I84.

After looking at the map, your out there farther than I thought. A 6 hr round trip is not considered a day trip for me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png